Dec 24: One-week HC Race

"
Zarkin wrote:
"

And I frankly don't care how much of a jerk I come off as, Hilbert has seen zero moderation despite his ridiculous, unhelpful, over-the-top, idiotic, moronic, little to no use, inflammatory, libelous, slanderous and straight up lying posts. He is a detriment to this community and I'm sick of having to witness people who have to go and refute every single one of his posts.

And you arent any better, MR. im going to speak threats over the internet, pff.

@Kamil
Yes, create new character and race again.

Where did I make a threat? I merely said I was sad I couldn't PK his character.

It helps to click history and read some posts before you post some bribble brabble since Hilbert has challenged all of us to duels at various points and then backed off like a huge wuss. I've spent a majority of my time ignoring Hilbert even though on several occasions he has directly responded\challenged\called me a liar on this very board, and frankly I'm done with taking the high ground.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Anyone know what Independent/RealLifeSucks the (currently) 75 Ranger behind Kripp's build is? What abilities he's using/general nodes he took?
Meow.
"
Meowington707 wrote:
Anyone know what Independent/RealLifeSucks the (currently) 75 Ranger behind Kripp's build is? What abilities he's using/general nodes he took?

Looks like typical LA ranger build, he might have added some variations to fit the team but you can basically check the ranger forum for a LA build and that'll be similar.
"
Truncator wrote:
Spoiler
"
Hilbert wrote:
I saw only 2 dual wield cleavers during races. 1 being freakdjin and the other being truncator.
Freadjin was quiet fragile on bigger mobs.
I can't say much about truncator because he died on the first map(was one with hard mods) he joined.

Survivability was good - 4.9k life, 9k armour, capped resistances. Other than dying to a ridiculous pack of archers, I only dropped below 1k life once past level 70 (rare necro + rhoa carcasses in underground river). I never had to run from mobs, but I should have learned to - that ultimately got me killed. Three granite flasks really helped.

Cleave definitely needs a buff, whether in its damage effectiveness or increased AoE cone. Even with AoE passives and a leveled Increased AoE gem, it doesn't compete with GS or Sweep's clear speed. I only picked it because it was the only AoE melee skill usable with dual rapiers.

trolly trolling troll you are?!?!?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55044/page/1
"

I lol'd. Or in other words you pissed me off sufficiently that I organized the people at rank 5,6,7,8,10,11 to run maps SPECIFICALLY to deny you a demi on the last day.

And yet you never learn. The only thing that bums me out is that we can't PK like in D2, because I'd be hunting you everyday until you quit\played only private.

You organized nothing you leeched of somebody already having high maps grindis or ezhiel to boost him into the 4 and 5 place tier and actually the plan was that our party gets demis since I already had one, so Freakdjin and Repose could get one, but since Invalesco was in the same party Repose still had the 20 million difference.

Your party contained Repose, Freakdjin, Invalesco, You, Kotao and either grindis or ezhiel.
Repose and Freakdjin came from my party. Not to mention you didn't even fight a level 70 Vaal with a level 60 Vaal damage. Good job in helping 2 of my friends getting demis. :)
They even said that you were the biggest coward in that party.

Sure then ask Chris to start Cut Throat leveling races(you really would do me a favour if he gets more wishes for cutthroat races) But actually on level events the Top 10 will be targets. I did a hunt test during that event and it worked quiet fine since I simply could follow the corpses in areas I slow down.
The only issue is that bailing out is too easy.
Cut Throat races would stop the idea of Western forest or cruel ledge farming since 30-100 players reach those areas and guess which players instances are easy to find?
Especially 3h solo Turbo Cut Throat will be interesting since around 40% of the participants are in reach.

And I highly doubt you know the real D2 PK time like in Blood runs or after the last seals with a martel leap attack barb, before ith, itemshops and tppk crap. My guess is that you "Elite" D2 player only know the tppk time( which was all done by cheating botterboard trash)
Else you would know that real pking was quiet risky because bloodruns always had a strong barb or buri amazon in the party.
And in classic CS you could get poisoned by amazons, frozen by sorcs and hit by another barb.
Of course there were victim pk runs too such as sewer and arcance but it was rare to find a pkk there. But real PK died with the first tppk hacks(not hyrda pk that one barely killed an experienced player) in 1.09.
Or do you talk about NS TP? That's impossible due immortality for 10 seconds. ;)

But "PKing till you quit/private" rather sounds like the common 1.10 HC tppk kid that used parents credit card to buy equipment directly from itemshop or via fools gold because that actually happened to D2. Once I got back for 1.11 Hell got only trade games for fools gold. Nightmare didn't have a single game and normal had some games with 1-2 tppk chars "wanting to help". Must have felt good to kill level 9 chars with a level 80+ character(lol).

It only seems I hit a nerve and now you play the common hating victim role of many gamers that start shitstorms once there is a report about competition making players aggressive, being one reason for rampages or showing how the common long time gamers look like.

"
Sweep's clear speed.

:) ?
There are sweepers on default?
I consider sweep as really risky because for best damage you must be surrounded to IC and 6 endurance charges are a must and archers usually run away so they must be killed with a single target skill.

"
With you to help, You could quite easily still get your buddy back into the race. There will still be a LOT of high level characters dying.

It's a normal race #9 is the best somebody could get the last 3days and 15h having high maps.
1-2 high rips due human error are realistic.
It's really unlikely that a party dies on a normal race unless there is a server crash or they fight maze vaal.
The Top 8 are 2 groups that will only change ranks 1-4 and 5-8 if not in same party.

The Turbo Race on the other hand was quiet a challenge and it was quiet the opposite of normal races.
Friend goes to sleep as rank 33 and wakes up with rank 25 instead of 50
Not to mention that many common 1 week names didn't make it to merciless because they gave up and hoped for many merciless rips or they died.
Several slow paced players did good on the Turbo race.

@Khastro
If you look at the equipment the damage is elemental and not physical.
Also it's something you won't survive on HC races because the HP is suicide.
Let them do a video with 20% elemental reflect and it will be an utter failure.

I am pretty sure that truncator and freakdjin were physical damage cleavers that used 18x till 2xx max damage swords.

Spoiler
@Khastro
If you look at the equipment the damage is elemental and not physical.
Also it's something you won't survive on HC races because the HP is suicide.
Let them do a video with 20% elemental reflect and it will be an utter failure.

I am pretty sure that truncator and freakdjin were physical damage cleavers that used 18x till 2xx max damage swords.

that doesnt change the point that cleave is a very good, ok its kind of boring like most meleestuff, attackspell

conc.effect is the problem here

its in no way underpowered, thats bs
i played a cleave duelist before last wipe.
it was boring as hell but effective and fast.
Last edited by Khastro on Dec 27, 2012, 6:44:36 AM
"
Hilbert wrote:

You organized nothing you leeched of somebody already having high maps grindis or ezhiel to boost him into the 4 and 5 place tier...

I played the whole race solo. The only time I entered a party was when I bought items 2 or 3 times.
Top 100:

30 Templars
20 Witches
18 Marauders
16 Shadows
13 Rangers
3 Duelists

Whole 2 Duelists in the top 20 :)
RIP Cybrixz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type