Dec 24: One-week HC Race

Whelp, my buddy died last night and I've lost almost all my motivation to play since then. Don't actually think I could have caught up to top 10, but I was steady on top 20, which was surprising since before this race the highest level I've made it was like 26 haha. Overall, I find the game to be really fun, early levels are very brutal for a caster unless you partner up it feels like. I wouldn't say I've really done any end-game since we did all of like 4 maps before he died, but I'll be looking forward to HC on open beta. He got bored on default and started leveling a new toon, I joined him on a shadow to grab him some gems he needs along the way, but our "race" is essentially over.

Good luck to those still racing.
:D

good runs good runs
"
Hilbert wrote:
I saw only 2 dual wield cleavers during races. 1 being freakdjin and the other being truncator.
Freadjin was quiet fragile on bigger mobs.
I can't say much about truncator because he died on the first map(was one with hard mods) he joined.

Survivability was good - 4.9k life, 9k armour, capped resistances. Other than dying to a ridiculous pack of archers, I only dropped below 1k life once past level 70 (rare necro + rhoa carcasses in underground river). I never had to run from mobs, but I should have learned to - that ultimately got me killed. Three granite flasks really helped.

Cleave definitely needs a buff, whether in its damage effectiveness or increased AoE cone. Even with AoE passives and a leveled Increased AoE gem, it doesn't compete with GS or Sweep's clear speed. I only picked it because it was the only AoE melee skill usable with dual rapiers.
IGN: Truncator
Last edited by Truncator on Dec 26, 2012, 10:00:49 PM
"
Hilbert wrote:

2nd race I got passed by players leeching level 65-68 maps with size mods having only 61 and

I lol'd. Or in other words you pissed me off sufficiently that I organized the people at rank 5,6,7,8,10,11 to run maps SPECIFICALLY to deny you a demi on the last day.

And yet you never learn. The only thing that bums me out is that we can't PK like in D2, because I'd be hunting you everyday until you quit\played only private.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Last edited by Morsexier on Dec 26, 2012, 11:07:37 PM
"
Morsexier wrote:
I lol'd. Or in other words you pissed me off sufficiently that I organized the people at rank 5,6,7,8,10,11 to run maps SPECIFICALLY to deny you a demi on the last day.

And yet you never learn. The only thing that bums me out is that we can't PK like in D2, because I'd be hunting you everyday until you quit\played only private.
Far too many people at eachothers throats in this thread, being highly competitive is ok but harassing someone until they quit isnt very nice.

I think I was in that race that you were talking about, competition was brutal that day. In the last few hours Cancil logged off @ position 4 (he was above me in the ladder), and he ended up 10th on the ladder. If I hadnt kept playing I would have been taken out too =P

If I remember correctly though you didnt share any maps with me (I was 6th), we had run out of maps since Cancil logged off with them and then in the last few hours there was a miracle and Cancil came back to give us the maps that pushed us over the edge & kept us up in the ladder.

Just a side note, its not the size mods in the maps I did, it was the high level maps that I was getting my exp from (we were running level 65-69 maps though, not 65-68). When I was doing the race size mods were quite rare & not the mod we were rolling for anyway.
"
SigmaKID wrote:
but our "race" is essentially over.

With you to help, You could quite easily still get your buddy back into the race. There will still be a LOT of high level characters dying.
I'm BACK :)
"
Metronomy wrote:
"
Morsexier wrote:

Far too many people at eachothers throats in this thread, being highly competitive is ok but harassing someone until they quit isnt very nice.

I think I was in that race that you were talking about, competition was brutal that day. In the last few hours Cancil logged off @ position 4 (he was above me in the ladder), and he ended up 10th on the ladder. If I hadnt kept playing I would have been taken out too =P

If I remember correctly though you didnt share any maps with me (I was 6th), we had run out of maps since Cancil logged off with them and then in the last few hours there was a miracle and Cancil came back to give us the maps that pushed us over the edge & kept us up in the ladder.

Just a side note, its not the size mods in the maps I did, it was the high level maps that I was getting my exp from (we were running level 65-69 maps though, not 65-68). When I was doing the race size mods were quite rare & not the mod we were rolling for anyway.

So then bump all the ranks down a notch, but you were never in any danger of losing your position as you were leveling. The objective was to do exactly what we did, without displacing anyone on the ladder but Hilbert.

And I frankly don't care how much of a jerk I come off as, Hilbert has seen zero moderation despite his ridiculous, unhelpful, over-the-top, idiotic, moronic, little to no use, inflammatory, libelous, slanderous and straight up lying posts. He is a detriment to this community and I'm sick of having to witness people who have to go and refute every single one of his posts.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
If I die in Hc race can I create new acount and start race again?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"

And I frankly don't care how much of a jerk I come off as, Hilbert has seen zero moderation despite his ridiculous, unhelpful, over-the-top, idiotic, moronic, little to no use, inflammatory, libelous, slanderous and straight up lying posts. He is a detriment to this community and I'm sick of having to witness people who have to go and refute every single one of his posts.

And you arent any better, MR. im going to speak threats over the internet, pff.

@Kamil
Yes, create new character and race again.
Last edited by Zarkin on Dec 27, 2012, 2:49:14 AM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
If I die in Hc race can I create new acount and start race again?
You can try again on the same account as many times as you want.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info