[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

"
Wurps wrote:
"
how do you deal with reflect? I tried this build and insta died to it

It depends on how dense the pack is and how much life you have, as well as how much life on hit your thief's torment gives.

You can try conversion trap to convert the reflect aura source and kill everything else first.

Here's my EQ

Spoiler

Im lvl 76, got 4k HP and even my gem setup is not complete yet I still can't stand a chance of surviving cause in most cases I don't even see the reflect mob and I'm dead already
IGN Soultakerr
"
ktimekiller wrote:
do you prefer barrage over split now?

I use both, I have my barrage set up for single target damage.

It shoots out a wave of explosive projectiles, you can 'shotgun' enemies with them to make them all blow up in their face and they take massive damage.
"

Im lvl 76, got 4k HP and even my gem setup is not complete yet I still can't stand a chance of surviving cause in most cases I don't even see the reflect mob and I'm dead already

Are you talking about elemental reflect or physical reflect?

If elemental reflect, are your resists capped?
Thank you for this guide, feel like i am having fun again (although parties hate me :p).

So far haven't died from reflect (popping these
)

Now concentrating on health only 2.3k health now but never died due to health issue
here is my gear

"

If any1 interested to get cast on crit build items check my post
we can arrange for items trade also

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/843918
How about using the new windripper bow or w/e its called??

I hear quill rain is extremely inefficient when doing cOc because you can achieve better results with harbinger / other bows
Hi.
I'm here to throw my 2 cents.
Why I feel to have the right to do that? Because I have this build, made post Vaal crappy s..t that our host GGG opted to throw on our heads.

Now, what I have to say:
If somebody needs, oddly enough, to play that Vaal levels, consider another build.

GGG DOES NOT WANT you to win a fight with a orange Vaal booss as a CoC caster unless you have a serious pool of life.
No matter what adjustments you will do, that boos will kill you in 1 hit using his CoC + insane AS. You get to die in 2 hits if you have Grace, and in 3 or 4 respectively if using Jade + Granite. So, it IS a fight you can win, but fun factor there is perfectly absent.

So, pay attention to prices for build gear: xx exalted
Fair prices should be: 10C a perfect colored 6l Voll Protector and 5c for 6L Quill Rain. Anything more is a ripe. [I own 2 of each, found and link and color by me, not selling]

About Fun Factor in Standard Game: VERY MUCH Vorth IT!

What I would need: 2 imprints 6L for Quill Rain and 1 for Voll, no matter wich colors, just the links. Please guide me to someone who can help me.

Thank you for your time.
"
bowen123 wrote:
How about using the new windripper bow or w/e its called??

I hear quill rain is extremely inefficient when doing cOc because you can achieve better results with harbinger / other bows

Windripper is slightly better, but harbingers are not, however windripper is expensive.
I disagree, crit chance goes a long way. both a 6-linked harbinger with +80% crit chance and windripper is far better than a quill. Quill is very unpredictable. Could mean life or death in big packs or unique rouges. But i got something even better. See my build...

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/875062

It follows similar path with nodes but adds more spell damage and point blank node (very important for reflect and damage).
Last edited by 3sgte3rdgen on Apr 3, 2014, 10:12:23 PM
"
3sgte3rdgen wrote:
I disagree, crit chance goes a long way. both a 6-linked harbinger with +80% crit chance and windripper is far better than a quill. Quill is very unpredictable. Could mean life or death in big packs or unique rouges. But i got something even better. See my build...

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/875062

It follows similar path with nodes but adds more spell damage and point blank node (very important for reflect and damage).

Wrong, windripper is slightly better than quill, harbinger is not.

Also I see in your build you have point blank, but it doesn't actually work with spells so you might want to fix that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info