[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

What about corrupted gems?
It looks like corrupted fireball and coldsnap could be beneficial to this build due to additional projectiles.
"
kefirhl wrote:
How does everybody feel about incoming huge nerf of scion starting tree? About barrage buff? About spells buffs? :) My shadow variation of the build actually only gets beffed, weird.

I am not really concerned about the nerf. I guess i´ll have less life but i´ll get by.
The Barrage buff is awesome and will make me about 30% stronger.

Now i haven´t respeced yet and now that i am actually thinking about it, while tinkering with my damage-sheet, i won´t take the attackspeed-nodes in the scion-tree anymore. My sheet says (and i believe it), that i gain 2-3 projectiles (2-Split-arrow and 3-barrage) per second with the attackspeed nodes. considering the loss of 28% spelldamage, its not worth it. And i guess it never was. quick math:
8 projectiles * 4,5 attackspeed = 36
8 projectiles * 4,9 attackspeed = 39,2

For Those who dont want to wait for Wurps update, or playing a shadow version of it.
In the spoiler is a nearly identic build for the shadow version of it.
I've updated the build for SoTV and optimized it a bit more.
Last edited by Wurps on Mar 13, 2014, 1:50:03 PM
how do you deal with reflect? I tried this build and insta died to it
IGN Soultakerr
"

so far i have meet a few reflect and i just keep spamming all 5 flasks

New unique bow:

40% slower in return for 2x critical proc - higher proc rate. Less LGOH/MGOH with Thief's Torment, but potential for elemental leech, possibly. If the tree allows for it, there may be scope for %elemental damage passives and combo with Wrath/Anger. And Added Cold/Lightning gem instead of EK.

In any case, if the demand for 5L/6L quills gets split between two bows, at least they'll be cheaper to get...

e: note that the high Dex will make it punishingly difficult to get blue sockets. Then again, you can always corrupt it and hope for whites :D
Last edited by ronya on Mar 14, 2014, 5:22:28 AM
"

It depends on how dense the pack is and how much life you have, as well as how much life on hit your thief's torment gives.

You can try conversion trap to convert the reflect aura source and kill everything else first.
"
ronya wrote:
New unique bow:

40% slower in return for 2x critical proc - higher proc rate. Less LGOH/MGOH with Thief's Torment, but potential for elemental leech, possibly. If the tree allows for it, there may be scope for %elemental damage passives and combo with Wrath/Anger. And Added Cold/Lightning gem instead of EK.

In any case, if the demand for 5L/6L quills gets split between two bows, at least they'll be cheaper to get...

e: note that the high Dex will make it punishingly difficult to get blue sockets. Then again, you can always corrupt it and hope for whites :D

Yes, that bow is for sure an option for this build for more stable crits.

It's the same difficult of coloring as a quill, however quill rain is pretty easy to color properly, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Also, the build gets enough dex to use it.
Last edited by Wurps on Mar 15, 2014, 11:54:31 PM
do you prefer barrage over split now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info