Tunneltrap

"
Peterking72 wrote:
Tunneltrap is an easy-peasy boss now. Mud geyser serves him better than orchard did, I think.
If you're melee just use lacerate when he is up and cyclone to crit when he is about to pop up.
Those sulphur flasks really do miracles if you're pure melee(Starforge). Plus Vaal Haste if you have any free gem slots. It's sadly got reduced to 4 secs, but still worth it.

Tunneltrap lasts for 8-15 seconds if I'm lucky. 25-30 if I'm having a bad day.

Sadly his drops are usually not worth the effort to kill him. By the time you are at a level when you can comfortably kill him without any worries, you're just wasting your time with the map. So it's not worth time for low drops and XP.

I only did try once his orchard version back then, when he was on that map. He "raped" me almost instantly, plus he had a confined arena and Devourers were more Deadly back then. They were "broken" deadly. Like there was times on old Dried Lake maps, where there was a chance for them to pop up at once with ten of their buddies, blue and yellow packs, without warning. Think untainted paradise X10. Untainted paradise is like a cakewalk compared what the dried lake map used to be. The only thing I hate is that the unique Rhoa, Skullbeak, who got replaced from mud geyser to Bog is a far deadlier boss now than he was on Mud Geyser. He also "cheats", at least that's how I call his "teleport rams", which could ignore solid map objects, like those trees I usually hide behinf when I try to avoid his multi-ram cluster-fuck attack. Thankfully my highest level character I only had to get him good once to get the shapers orb,so I can forget him for good. My other chars weren't so lucky.

Tunneltrap and Skullbeak are dangerous? Maybe if playing non meta ES or heavily rely on Evasion+Dodge...

The key is to have enough damage, and sufficient defenses (I'm looking at Fortify and 5-10K armour in fact), either by poping the right flasks, or by having enough leech/LGoH/Regen...

They never felt dangerous for me, especially if they were cursed with enfeeble...

PS: Tunneltrap on Orchard was a pushover, and it still is, only those Ancient Devourers that pop ALL at once on Untainted Paradise have a small chance to overwhelm a character with 15-20K armour, 7-8 endurance charges and Fortify, but those are actually what I would call a fair "one-shot", that could only happen the first time you play the map and not know what to expect...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Mar 21, 2017, 2:36:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info