Tunneltrap

Well now that taunts work a lot better a simple decoy totem is all that is needed most of the time, it dies quickly, but it gives time. As melee the fight is a lot more annoying though. To be fair Tunneltrap is a lot easier than Shock and Horror for Melees, although you have to slow him to avoid the attacks, but with Arctic Armour and Temp. Chains he doesn't do that much. The big issue I see for melees mostly in these fights is that they have to use Multistrike due to the lack of Multipliers for Melee and Multistrike basically just kills you in these fights. I usually switch Multistrike with Bloodlust, due to how easy it is to make bosses bleed.

The big issue with melees in such fights is that they need a faster gameplay, multistrike though is mandatory for almost any of them and entirely removes the ability to dodge enemy attacks (and yes you can even avoid tunneltraps melee attack if you just move away during windup, but that is only possible without multistrike, since it looks you in place for 3 attacks (without giving you 200% more attack speed to compensate for it) so with Multistrike your locked down longer than without it.

When I switch Multistrike with Faster Attacks a lot of the Anti Melee fights actually get managable. Phantasmagoria is another fight with a boss that winds up an attack and oneshots you if you still stand in front of him, however with high AS and no multistrike the chill effect from Arctic Armour is enough to just allow you to move to the side. Of course as a ranged char you can just stand there and tank him, since only one projectile hits you but melees would actually be rather fun, since they would offer a fair challange, however melees don't have the fast gameplay they need, they basically stand there and have to outleech the damage they take, since they simply can't move away. Interestingly a ranged attacker can freely shoot and reposition since the only deficite he has is the attackspeed penalty from PPAD and that is a lot less than the penalty from multistrike.

This hits green melees even more, not only have they a hard time coloring their armor anyway, they are even more reliant on avoiding attacks entirely (although they are far sturdier against Elemental Spells and can almost ignore Elemental Attacks).
Just because you can't right-click something to death while watching TV doesn't mean it's broken.
"
Jaille wrote:
Just because you can't right-click something to death while watching TV doesn't mean it's broken.

Instructions unclear, monitor covered in pizza now.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Raudram wrote:
With maxed resistances, 4k+ hp, and 73% spell block and almost 10% HP regen, even with anti shock topaz flask, I die there in a few seconds before even dropping the HP of the boss to half. I have no issues with most of map bosses, merciless Malachai, uber Izaro or the pale council.

It isn't just beam, the lightining warps are retarded too, and being melee, you're exposed to all of them at once if you try to hit the boss.

Whoever designed that fight is a sadist, it doesn't make any sense.

IIRC the warping totems can be converted with conversion trap (+cluster trap). That should give the boss other targets and you shocking ground advantage.
If you are somewhat skilled at this game you should be able to do Shock & Horror with Decoy Totem + Conversion Trap even if you have lousy DPS and no leech. If you are not skilled then why play as melee == "hard mode"?
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
TherosPherae wrote:

Like me. Sell me all your Orchards.

I got a GMP, minus max, vulnerability Orch dusting up on std. Come hit me up ;)
Poor Tunneltrap. He's been on the shit list for years. Look how old this thread is. Nobody likes him or Thistlesage.
Haters!
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Poor Tunneltrap. He's been on the shit list for years. Look how old this thread is. Nobody likes him or Thistlesage.
Haters!
Hey I like Tunneltrap. I like Tunneltrap, Village Ruin boss, Shock and Horror, Weaver... all the mildly mechanical, high-risk boss-fights are good fun.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Weaver is not mechanical.
Weaver is a clusterfuck.

Village Ruin? Tunneltrap? one shot fest.

Shock And Horror is mechanical. I like that fight.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
My experience:
running empty map, this guy goes from underground, 1-shot me. No time to react, very fun.
added mud geyser to skip list.
T10-11 maps are much easier
Last edited by Marvel1 on Mar 20, 2017, 7:28:19 PM
Tunneltrap is an easy-peasy boss now. Mud geyser serves him better than orchard did, I think.
If you're melee just use lacerate when he is up and cyclone to crit when he is about to pop up.
Those sulphur flasks really do miracles if you're pure melee(Starforge). Plus Vaal Haste if you have any free gem slots. It's sadly got reduced to 4 secs, but still worth it.

Tunneltrap lasts for 8-15 seconds if I'm lucky. 25-30 if I'm having a bad day.

Sadly his drops are usually not worth the effort to kill him. By the time you are at a level when you can comfortably kill him without any worries, you're just wasting your time with the map. So it's not worth time for low drops and XP.

I only did try once his orchard version back then, when he was on that map. He "raped" me almost instantly, plus he had a confined arena and Devourers were more Deadly back then. They were "broken" deadly. Like there was times on old Dried Lake maps, where there was a chance for them to pop up at once with ten of their buddies, blue and yellow packs, without warning. Think untainted paradise X10. Untainted paradise is like a cakewalk compared what the dried lake map used to be. The only thing I hate is that the unique Rhoa, Skullbeak, who got replaced from mud geyser to Bog is a far deadlier boss now than he was on Mud Geyser. He also "cheats", at least that's how I call his "teleport rams", which could ignore solid map objects, like those trees I usually hide behinf when I try to avoid his multi-ram cluster-fuck attack. Thankfully my highest level character I only had to get him good once to get the shapers orb,so I can forget him for good. My other chars weren't so lucky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info