Tunneltrap

dude, part of the fun is exploring and trying out things, wheres' that if you are going to read up every fight before going in? and wheres' that trial and error if you are going to get one shotted huh?
and yes shock and horror boss too, another shiat mechanics boss. totally ridiculous skipped that every time at least for me - who made a boss that no one fights?
and i do check fights, if they are known to be hard fights, not a random map boss.
Last edited by EdenRage on Jul 19, 2016, 1:21:08 PM
Shock and Horror is absolute nightmare for a melee, even with capped spell block and resistances you get fried in no time.
"
EdenRage wrote:
dude, part of the fun is exploring and trying out things, wheres' that if you are going to read up every fight before going in? and wheres' that trial and error if you are going to get one shotted huh?

Boss (nearly) oneshots you with a certain attack --> you manually dodge it next time.

Where is the problem?

"
EdenRage wrote:
and yes shock and horror boss too, another shiat mechanics boss. totally ridiculous skipped that every time at least for me - who made a boss that no one fights?

Thought the same for a long time and this one can take a bit longer to figure out but he is very easy if you have range and decent dps. Just stay near a pillar where you can hide once the laser comes and leave the boss room for a moment when too many totems are around.

"
EdenRage wrote:
and i do check fights, if they are known to be hard fights, not a random map boss.

Tunneltrap is known to be one of the "harder" fights. Hard stuff in PoE usually means that you have to manually dodge telegraphed stuff.

"
Raudram wrote:
Shock and Horror is absolute nightmare for a melee, even with capped spell block and resistances you get fried in no time.

For true melee this is true like so many other mechanics in this game, yes. It comes down to patience: Stay near a pillar, wait till the laser comes, hide, go in and attack a few times, repeat. The usual rewards are hardly worth the hassle for melee ofc.
Last edited by Sa_Re on Jul 19, 2016, 1:30:34 PM
"
Raudram wrote:
Solution: run behind pillars instead of trying to facetank. The laser has a cooldown and I believe it has a small windup too, so watch out for that. Btw spell block doesn't do anything against the laser, since it's degen and not a hit.

With Tunneltrap, Leap Slam behind it whenever it tries to oneshot you. It's a pure dodge fight, if you get hit you might die. Or you can stack a ton of life and leech and just try to hang on (I've taken this route before, quite fun!), but that doesn't work if there are damage mods on the map, a lot of the time.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
yeah i got that after checking the forums. it would be more palatable though, if there isnt that xp penalty that comes with every death - certainly painful to see 60% bar hours of play gone in seconds. end result - will add this boss into list to skip too, simply not worth the effort.
"
"
Raudram wrote:
Solution: run behind pillars instead of trying to facetank. The laser has a cooldown and I believe it has a small windup too, so watch out for that. Btw spell block doesn't do anything against the laser, since it's degen and not a hit.

That's not a solution when you are MELEE, even if you react instantly and use a movement skill to get behind a pillar, you still take a lot of damage, and just getting close to the boss gets you nuked by infinite lightning warps from all directions.

On anything ranged you can just dance around a pillar.
"
Raudram wrote:
That's not a solution when you are MELEE, even if you react instantly and use a movement skill to get behind a pillar, you still take a lot of damage, and just getting close to the boss gets you nuked by infinite lightning warps from all directions.

On anything ranged you can just dance around a pillar.
At full lightning res, with a reasonable amount of life, you should take no more than 1/2 your life from the beam, which is flaskable/leechable/regen-able. You also should try to dodge the lightning warp totems and the shocked ground if possible. Just because you're melee doesn't mean you can sit in one spot, melee does at least as much running around as ranged does.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
With maxed resistances, 4k+ hp, and 73% spell block and almost 10% HP regen, even with anti shock topaz flask, I die there in a few seconds before even dropping the HP of the boss to half. I have no issues with most of map bosses, merciless Malachai, uber Izaro or the pale council.

It isn't just beam, the lightining warps are retarded too, and being melee, you're exposed to all of them at once if you try to hit the boss.

Whoever designed that fight is a sadist, it doesn't make any sense.
Last edited by Raudram on Jul 19, 2016, 4:25:01 PM
"
Raudram wrote:
With maxed resistances, 4k+ hp, and 73% spell block and almost 10% HP regen, even with anti shock topaz flask, I die there in a few seconds before even dropping the HP of the boss to half. I have no issues with most of map bosses, merciless Malachai, uber Izaro or the pale council.

It isn't just beam, the lightining warps are retarded too, and being melee, you're exposed to all of them at once if you try to hit the boss.

Whoever designed that fight is a sadist, it doesn't make any sense.

Lol, how about hide behind a pillar.
Need more brains, exile?
You know you can bait both the totems and the lightning beam right?

Take all the totems with you to the pillar, wait for beam. If the beam doesn't come, move to the next pillar with all the totems behind you etc etc

When beam comes, instantly hide behind pillar to disconnect it and go rampage on the boss.(all totems are now at the pillar charging towards you, which gives you a window of time without danger)

Repeat.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info