[1.0.5] Pohx's 1181% Crit Multi Conduit Solo/Party Trapper [Nemesis] Vids Included

New Content Video Up!
When explaining crit chance, I think you might be confused or maybe I am confused about how you just talked about it... this is what you said

"If you don't have any crit, and you pick up crit, its gonna give you soooo much a damage increase. Say you get 5% crit when you have 5% crit, that's 10% crit. If you get 5% crit when you have 50% crit, thats 55% crit."

That is not true... at all.

Crit is calculated like this (and I will do it for EVERY spell you are doing). And I will use the THREE nodes you are going to pick up (15%, 45%, 15%). I am not going to use your gear because your gear will change. If you want me to add in the crit chance off of your gear, just let me know.

Fire trap
Base crit is 5%
Crit chance after the 3 nodes (5% x (.15 + .45 + .15)) + 5 = 8.75%

Cold Snap
Base crit is 4%
Crit chance after the 3 nodes (4% x (.15+ .45 + .15)) + 4 = 7%

Lightning trap
Base crit is 4%
Crit chance after the 3 nodes 4% x (.15+ .45 + .15)) + 4 = 7%

Ice Nova
Base crit is 5%

Bear Trap
Base crit is 5%

EK
Base crit is 5%

The crit is not ADDITIVE like you think "5% + picking up 5% node means I have 10% crit"

Now you are either 7 or 8.75% CHANCE TO CRIT. IF YOU CRIT, (which is already an extremely low possiblity of getting a crit) you will take your damage and multiply it by your critical strike multiplier.

Ever char has a base critical strike multiplier of 150%. If you pick up nodes for critical strike multiplier it is calculated like this
I picked up 100% crit multiplier in passive

150% + (100% of 150%) = 300% crit multiplier.

Don't be confused by your DPS located in the spells on your tool tip. Sometimes they are confusing because it calculates in the chance of you critting and not critting. In reality, your DPS could be a lot higher than that on your tool tip because you could get lucky on your 8.75% chance to crit and crit EVERY HIT. Then your DPS would be higher than your tooltip. On the other end of the spectrum, you could not crit at all and your DPS would be lower than your tool tip.

Picking up three nodes of crit chance is actually quite pointless. This is what I was going to get to in your chat yesterday and why you build has a lot of flaws and not optimized. Most builds are revolving around just boosting your BASE damage, or people are going to want to work on crit and depend on critting a lot more than usual.

TLDR If going crit chance, one much pick up A LOT of crit chance nodes for it to be worth it and usually going power charges (ie dual totem spork). If you were going crit chance because you were wanting to pick up shocks, you should have incorporated static blows into your build.
Last edited by NeOZealouS on Oct 31, 2013, 5:01:24 PM
You must of misunderstood me, all i'm saying is if you have 5% Crit on a spell and Gain a total of 5% crit on the spell you get to 10% total crit on the spell, I understand how crit works i've got a youtube video just for it.

5% +5% = 10% So say your fire trap goes from 5%% to 5% You gained an insane amount of Critical chance.

If you're already high up in your critical strike chance it's not as effective since you can stack multi at that point.

I believe the build is optimized by gaining a bit of critical chance.

If you have ever tuned into my live stream you would understand that I realize the " DPS " is flawed

If you would like to debate this further and or if you think i'm incorrect you're free to hop on my stream or message me, I would rather not discuss this on a forum post for a guide

Last edited by Pohx on Oct 31, 2013, 5:45:34 PM
You missed the point

Pohx is saying that getting critical chance on spell from 5 to 10% is usefull, you will double your DPS but going from 20 critical to 25% isn't worth it versus 5 to 10%
Last edited by JeagerX on Oct 31, 2013, 5:49:38 PM
"
JeagerX wrote:
You missed the point

Pohx is saying that getting critical chance on spell from 5 to 10% is usefull, you will double your DPS but going from 20 critical to 25% isn't worth it versus 5 to 10%

lol what? I think you missed the point... he isn't going from 5 to 10% on ANY of his spells

"
Pohx wrote:
5% +5% = 10% So say your fire trap goes from 5%% to 5% You gained an insane amount of Critical chance.[/b]

Lol WHAT?
I guess i'll try this one more time lol

In THEORY if you go from 5% to 10% it's a much bigger upgrade then going from 50% to 55%
I really don't know any other way to explain this
"
Pohx wrote:
I guess i'll try this one more time lol

In THEORY if you go from 5% to 10% it's a much bigger upgrade then going from 50% to 55%
I really don't know any other way to explain this

Thing is, a potencial increase of Crit from 5% to 10% is equal to +100% Critical Chance (you double the previous chance), which should also (theoretically) boots your DPS by a good amount.

If you go from like 50% to 55% critical Chance, that would only means you increased your critical chance by roughly 10%, which is a lesser DPS increase.

This should sum it up, I guess.

Greetings
Skudrinka
Pohx, in an earlier version of the build you chose mana geyser. In this most recent edition you did not. I'm currently on my phone, but did you not need it, or pick up regen elsewhere? I'm currently 46 trying to follow this, although I started as shadow before finding your guide, and am having a bit of trouble with mana on tankier bosses
"
Urbnopr8r wrote:
Pohx, in an earlier version of the build you chose mana geyser. In this most recent edition you did not. I'm currently on my phone, but did you not need it, or pick up regen elsewhere? I'm currently 46 trying to follow this, although I started as shadow before finding your guide, and am having a bit of trouble with mana on tankier bosses

Going to update it again, I do end up picking it up. people were asking for my exact skill build via live stream so I was just updating based on the gear I found, sorry for the confusion
Thanks for the quick reply! No confusion; even if you didn't recommend it, I would've kept it, and just re-spec'd later lol. I need it at this point haha.

I was reading another trap guide mentioning ice nova instead of cold snap since quality ice nova increases area of effect and that with crits you were likely to freeze, or at least chill for a long enough period to clear. What are you thoughts on it, or is it mostly preference?

*EDIT
I realize I said this and it seems I haven't read the guide. My intention is to find out which you prefer, and why.
Last edited by Urbnopr8r on Nov 1, 2013, 9:28:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info