[1.0.5] Pohx's 1181% Crit Multi Conduit Solo/Party Trapper [Nemesis] Vids Included

Which kind of trap benefit from spell damage?
"
ysrotciv wrote:

Fire & lighting trap for sure
how is this for a first time character and HC viability?
Hey Pohx,

what do you think of "Arctic Breath" as a replacement for "Ice Nova" in terms of utilizing the ice element? Since it's a projectile you could potentially link it to some support gems for projectiles together with your lightning trap. Also, considering it leaves a patch of ice which slows enemies would make it worth more.

See: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arctic_Breath

"
JeagerX wrote:
"
ysrotciv wrote:

Spells which are linked to the "Trap" support gem should also benefit from +x% Spell Damage bonus IIRC.

Greetings,
Skud / Vankylmuut
Last edited by SkudEU on Oct 30, 2013, 12:19:31 PM
"
SkudEU wrote:
Hey Pohx,

what do you think of "Arctic Breath" as a replacement for "Ice Nova" in terms of utilizing the ice element? Since it's a projectile you could potentially link it to some support gems for projectiles together with your lightning trap. Also, considering it leaves a patch of ice which slows enemies would make it worth more.

See: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arctic_Breath

"
JeagerX wrote:
"
ysrotciv wrote:

Spells which are linked to the "Trap" support gem should also benefit from +x% Spell Damage bonus IIRC.

Greetings,
Skud / Vankylmuut

That actually could provide some interesting results! i'm gonna try it out today on my stream to see how it works out, the only problem I for see is it may be a bit odd to aim since it's a projectile but we'll never know until we try!
"
PigOfPain wrote:

Considering it was my first character on Nemesis I would say it works quite well xD
"
Pohx wrote:
"
PigOfPain wrote:

Considering it was my first character on Nemesis I would say it works quite well xD

It does work pretty well indeed, I've tried something similar with my first character and it turned out quite good until dominus(curse you, lags at dominus trasition!).

Only expensive thing at this build are the trapper boots, rest goes with quest rewards and/or loot (remember taking a shadow to the outpost first to get a fire trap!).

"
Pohx wrote:

That actually could provide some interesting results! i'm gonna try it out today on my stream to see how it works out, the only problem I for see is it may be a bit odd to aim since it's a projectile but we'll never know until we try!

I've thought about it too, since I've never played with Arctic Breath before and don't know how "well" the traps aim at all. But thanks that you like my idea!

Greetings,
Skud / Vankylmuut
Last edited by SkudEU on Oct 30, 2013, 1:01:33 PM
Tried out Cold snap trap last night linked with cold pen and elem prolif, even with a low level gem it was freezing entire packs. I think their might be a broken game mechanic lined up here using trap to bypass the CD...... Going to give Multitrap A try with the above gems tonight and see if I can keep a pack perma frozen with it.
"
Gorrim wrote:
Tried out Cold snap trap last night linked with cold pen and elem prolif, even with a low level gem it was freezing entire packs. I think their might be a broken game mechanic lined up here using trap to bypass the CD...... Going to give Multitrap A try with the above gems tonight and see if I can keep a pack perma frozen with it.

Just remember if you use multi trap with cold snap, your AoE potential goes up, but your freeze duration timer will go Down. Since your now throwing 3 Separate traps which do more Overall damage, however each trap itself does less than if you were to throw a single trap, I can clarify further via stream if it's a bit confusing
good going phox, keep it up
IGN: Nivius
Ty for scam <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info