Removing nudity from model files - Bannable?

"
ggnorekthx wrote:
Lots of people getting fired up in here, lol.

The only comment I will make that I didn't see in the first pages is this -

While it may seem silly to have bigger issues with nudity than extreme gore, I personally find that it is the combination together that would make some people uncomfortable. I mean, mauling some jerk who's wearing full armor and swinging a mace in my chest is just a natural reaction. But decimating naked men and especially women, even the crazy mutilated ones in the game, gives me a different feeling while playing. I think it just makes me feel sad. Which is probably the intended reaction given how completely insane the end of the game is.

I think it is perfectly reasonable that someone might want to tone down one or the other.

Thank you for saying it sir. I am actually quite enthralled that people find the images disturbing enough to warrant a request for censorship and for the sake of their children even. People who can't see the dangers of imagery like this game displays are truly scary. They are the ones who would defame a tragedy for shock value or be okay with deplorable acts in real life.
There is grief in wisdom, there is sorrow in truth
Yet, the heart of the wise is in the house of mourning
And by sad countenance the heart is made stonger in time
So, I embrace this burden and weep for the fools that chase the wind
Just play with textures on poor quality, nobody will have any offensive features at all. ;)
PROTECT THE KIDS...!

Me and my 10 year old son had a laugh at my picture with the little red willy (what an awesome word). Im more worried about him seeing the excessive gore in the Lunaris Temple.

As I said before, OP, you tried to take on a moral stance, thats why some people are bothered and I think thats fine. If you dont wanna see willies, thats up to you. I personally have enjoyed the trolling and I hope, when this thread dies, you can look back and have a giggle at it too.

Here is an extreme camel toe, for those who love it.

I make music, you can listen and dl for free at https://analogmunky.bandcamp.com/music or https://soundcloud.com/analogmunky/tracks
"
AnaLoGMunKy wrote:
PROTECT THE KIDS...!

Me and my 10 year old son had a laugh at my picture with the little red willy (what an awesome word). Im more worried about him seeing the excessive gore in the Lunaris Temple.

As I said before, OP, you tried to take on a moral stance, thats why some people are bothered and I think thats fine. If you dont wanna see willies, thats up to you. I personally have enjoyed the trolling and I hope, when this thread dies, you can look back and have a giggle at it too.

Haha your name has "Anal" in it!
Last edited by oranged on Oct 24, 2013, 1:59:35 PM
"
oranged wrote:
"
AnaLoGMunKy wrote:
PROTECT THE KIDS...!

Haha your name has "Anal" in it!

*facepalm* I know I know, its not my fault, its my birthname. My starsign is the chocolate starfish, to find it follow the end of orions sword. Which dangles off his belt.
I make music, you can listen and dl for free at https://analogmunky.bandcamp.com/music or https://soundcloud.com/analogmunky/tracks
If your that worried about nudity.. Should you be playing a game like this at all? Also "Society" does not find nudity unacceptable. Really, only Christians and "some" Catholics do. Religion != all of society no matter how much you want it to be. I figure the insane amount of killing, the blood, gore etc.. would be 100x worse... You know those so called morals and all.
I'm not surprised some people find nudity, gore, or a combinations of both repulsing. It's a natural reaction especially for the more sensible among us, and that includes of course children.

(To OP)

V

However, that reaction is, after all, intended. It's there to make you feel repulsed. Games are considered at least in part forms of art, and the point pf art is to wake certain feelings in people. The art directors wanted you to feel disgust, apparently it worked. You asked a simple question (even if somewhat smart-assedly <this is from now on a word>), and that question was answered.

That's it. The developers most likely aren't going to alter their artwork (nor do I think they should) and according to their policy you can't either. From now on, the options are clear. Either play away from children (that's why the game has a rating) or, if your susceptibilities were hurt by the game, stop playing. I don't see another solution, sorry.
If they censor the game, In protest I'm only going to play it naked.
HAIL SATAN!
So, wait. People say the children cannot see the nude because "insert parental paranoia here"? Yet, when we first came into being, clothes was not one of our enforced conditions? While men/women walked around like any other animal? So now that society is sex-savvy, parents do not want the children to engage in these activities because child-rearing requires exceptional responsibilities? And yet, keeping people in the dark is worse?

What world do I live in...
With all intelligence, insanity becomes the backdrop of the good man, and will sooner become what usurps the good man.

If you tell a truth that people don't want to hear, the truth will imprison you.

What's the point of knowing the world, if the world never talks back and others don't listen?
"
Trinexx wrote:
I understand that having nudity in the game is super edgy and absolutely required for the story to make sense, but I personally don't like having tits and dongs flopping about on my screen.

And as there isn't an option to toggle the nudity for the best of both worlds, rather than bitch and whine and make demands of the developers (who are probably busting their asses right now), I figured I'd just do it myself. So, is it likely that I'd get banned for dipping into the resource files and just... Barbie-fying certain models?

I kinda understand but sexuality and the things about it are the most normal thing in the world.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info