Removing nudity from model files - Bannable?

"
"
Trinexx wrote:
"
Also, my guess is that you are more bothered by the flopping dongs.

Yeah, I understand that it's a personal preference. Honestly I'd just like to be able to play this game without boss-keying it if my kids walk in the room.

They have to learn about giant animated flopping statue junk eventually. It might as well be now.

I agree that society as a whole shouldn't be as bothered by it, but the last thing I need is one of my kids going to school and telling their friends/teachers that they saw me playing a game where I hit a guy in the bare dick with a hammer.
"
Trinexx wrote:
I hit a guy in the bare dick with a hammer.

Touche...
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Next time, just ask if you're allowed to modify the textures, giving reasons make people lose their minds.

I'm pretty sure it's bannable, because allowing it would allow some people to find a way to exploit it.

"
Renahud wrote:
Next time, just ask if you're allowed to modify the textures, giving reasons make people lose their minds.

I'm pretty sure it's bannable, because allowing it would allow some people to find a way to exploit it.

I figured as much, but doesn't hurt to ask. Wish I could get staff feedback on this, but I imagine everybody at GGG is running around like headless chickens right now due to the 1.0 release.
They have micro transactions that alter the art of some mobs, so they should be able to modify the nude ones for you. They would probably cost a lot, because you are in a distinct minority who find it offensive.
"
Trinexx wrote:
"
Septile wrote:
Sorry that you live in a place where chopping people and animals to bits in every horrifically imaginable way is acceptable but tits and dongs are not.

Look at it this way, if you and a friend walk into a park and pretend to fight each other, what happens? Now, what happens if you and that same friend walk into the same park and pretend to fuck each other?

I'm sorry you're not mature enough to understand that society as a whole deems one acceptable and not the other, but that's the way the world actually works. But hey, continue to be a condescending dick on the internet, that's the surest way to implement change.

And I'm pretty sure society as a whole is utterly retarded as most people are, unfortunately. Also, there's a difference between reality and a video game. If you're offended by it, get a grip of your life because you shouldn't be. It's a bit of nudity in a video game, you shouldn't care about something so petty.

Also, you may not be allowed to modify the files but I have done it in the past on a second client/account to change the colour of hp/mana orbs and some gear, which still hasn't been banned after like 6 months, it's incredibly easy and nothing stops you. The worst thing you could do with it is change the texture of any dangerous mobs, like alchemists, to bright pink so they are incredibly obvious, but they already are, so it's not much and I wouldn't really call it an exploit. If there is any reason to not allow it, it's because the game makes money through better looking gear and spells, so that's harder to do if everyone can change the colours of spells and shit like that.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Oct 24, 2013, 8:08:17 AM
"
Trinexx wrote:
Now, what happens if you and that same friend walk into the same park and pretend to fuck each other?

Where in the game to you see people having intercourse? Must be in the secret rhoa level, unfortunately I don't have enough feathers to access it yet...

"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
[Removed by Admin]
I make music, you can listen and dl for free at https://analogmunky.bandcamp.com/music or https://soundcloud.com/analogmunky/tracks
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Oct 24, 2013, 9:43:11 PM
OP confirmed for US American.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
"
Trinexx wrote:

Look at it this way, if you and a friend walk into a park and pretend to fight each other, what happens?

Here in Australia? No one cares unless the pretending seems to be real, in which case chances are someone will intervene.

"
Trinexx wrote:
Now, what happens if you and that same friend walk into the same park and pretend to fuck each other?

See above.

__

The world is a lot bigger than you think, and your ways are not everyone's ways. If you don't like GGG's ways, don't play their game.

Intervene or join in?
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info