Another Albino Rhoa Thread

"
Zelpo wrote:
Lol, first post to reply is trolling about what they are (supposedly) for, nice

I'm not trolling. I got my feather by fishing in pools and streams. There was a chaos damage totem near one of the pools and the rhoa must have gotten too close, passed out from the chaos, and drowned.

I'm just trying to help people.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Zelpo wrote:
Lol, first post to reply is trolling about what they are (supposedly) for, nice

I'm not trolling. I got my feather by fishing in pools and streams. There was a chaos damage totem near one of the pools and the rhoa must have gotten too close, passed out from the chaos, and drowned.

I'm just trying to help people.

Rhoas in Pools and Streams, drowning?

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Aug 13, 2013, 2:33:55 AM
"
VideoGeemer wrote:

Yeah bro, you should have seen it. It was tragic. Still, worked out well for me, I got the feather without having to go near the damn thing just by waiting downstream a bit.
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
andkamen wrote:
hm... coincidence? need to make a new character and run mud flats killing barely anything :D

Any reports yet if this works or not? I don't have the time to play right now or I might try myself. Alas, so little time to actually play the game, LOL.

-VG-

I tried again last night with another new character and had a no show, I was pretty tired though and ended up having to kill more Rhoas than I had intended too to get the eggs and activate the Glyph, so I am not sure if it works or not or that it was a coincidence.

Seeing DalaiLama found one without a new character it sounds like it may have just been a coincidence, what level were you Dalailama and what difficulty ?

@ DalaiLama My Rhoah was also heading for the exit to the Fetid Pool, so this may be a way to quickly farm the map ?

The few images and videos I have seen all seem to be on the Glyph side of the Map.
Last edited by Hellrazer001 on Aug 13, 2013, 3:16:50 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
VideoGeemer wrote:

Yeah bro, you should have seen it. It was tragic. Still, worked out well for me, I got the feather without having to go near the damn thing just by waiting downstream a bit.

Okay, guys. I've figured out what he did to the rhoa to drown it like that. He took a big bite out of it, chomped those jaws right down hard, and so in its weakened state it drowned quickly, thereby feeding all the other creatures in that area. As he killed the others, it became a graveyard like any other. See, what I'm trying to say is,

He did the munch!
He did the monsta munch
The monsta munch!
It was the graveyard's lunch
He did the munch!
It caught on, I've a hunch
The monsta munch!
He did the mo-o-onsta munch...

Edit: Sorry, I thought it was funny. Then again, I was really tired.

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Aug 13, 2013, 3:11:11 PM
"
Hellrazer001 wrote:
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
andkamen wrote:
hm... coincidence? need to make a new character and run mud flats killing barely anything :D

Any reports yet if this works or not? I don't have the time to play right now or I might try myself. Alas, so little time to actually play the game, LOL.

-VG-

I tried again last night with another new character and had a no show, I was pretty tired though and ended up having to kill more Rhoas than I had intended too to get the eggs and activate the Glyph, so I am not sure if it works or not or that it was a coincidence.

Seeing DalaiLama found one without a new character it sounds like it may have just been a coincidence, what level were you Dalailama and what difficulty ?

@ DalaiLama My Rhoah was also heading for the exit to the Fetid Pool, so this may be a way to quickly farm the map ?

The few images and videos I have seen all seem to be on the Glyph side of the Map.

Level 83 Ranger in normal difficulty. I was running around with 70% movement boost from gear and some quicksilver flasks (only one of them adrenaline).

The one thing I am not sure of (though I do NOT think it matters) was that in the second set of runs I was clicking on the nests and NOT killing anything. I doubt it matters whether you kill any rhoas, but I am not 100% sure on that. I have run about 60 mud flat runs since then intentionally killing some rhoas everytime, but have not seen the Albino yet.

OK - now off to see if I can get Imgur working to upload some pics.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:
I was popping every chest

Good idea bro. I heard those sneaky albino rhoas as always hiding in chests.

Heh, I wasn't sure if the Albino Rhoa actually existed or if people were getting the feathers from chests or the nests.

OK - I think I have this linked correctly:

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Aug 13, 2013, 5:57:45 AM
I Just tried again with another new character, and also about 60 - 80 runs with my fast character from original post and no show,so its just random.

Seeing it is so scarce, it must be for something of importance either now or in the future, like fishing, making a Unique, or Fishing Rod, or entering a Secret Area, or a Troll :)))

Enter stage right
MonstaMunch ;)
Last edited by Hellrazer001 on Aug 13, 2013, 6:00:21 AM
"
Hellrazer001 wrote:
Seeing it is so scarce, it must be for something of importance either now or in the future, like fishing, making a Unique, or Fishing Rod, or entering a Secret Area, or a Troll :)))

Enter stage right
MonstaMunch ;)

Of your guesses I will say this: No less than one of them are correct, and no more than three are correct. And I've already said it's fishing related so you know that much for certain.
i found the use of the feathers:

Spoiler
you vendor 5 feathers to get a wisdom scroll... the scroll IDs an item to have max rolls

my lucky rhoa feather!
Last edited by CaoMengde on Aug 14, 2013, 5:23:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info