0.9.11 One-week Hardcore Ladder Race

Pathetic is deciding that time is the more interesting commitment. The above posters would like to see a race where rate is the more important factor.

Gone are the days where a single game is going to hold all of a game-players attention. Game companies that cater to this mindset might miss out on appealing to a larger set of people that want to play in an environment where the competition does not require something as unrelated to game-playing skill as time spent on a single game.

Besides, you can always just choose to not participate in a ladder race with different rule sets. There's no real price to trying to cater to a wider set of players. And who knows, you might actually like having to come up with strategy where play time is no longer a variable.
Very Interesting thread replies so far. Love the "Fayded, lvl 53 maurader was killed in the mudflats". I LoL'd. Anyway to all the people screaming No life and hating on me I'd like to send a shout out to you guys as you are my biggest motivation to keep going =D But I think 62 Levels will be the bar I set for a all at once sit in.

I'd like to say that I never planned to do the race like this but once I got the lead and kept it for the length I have I figured I'd push it to the limit. I appreciate all the supporters and people who showed love to my movement. Hope someone catches up so we can start the real race.

GN everyone and Good Luck
Fayded 78 Marauder - 1st Place One Week Race (09/11/2012)

IKnowYouLoveMe 24 Ranger - 1st Place 2-Hour Party Race (09/15/2012)

Fayded 76 Marauder - 1st Place (Tie) One Week Race (08/23/2012)
He speaks! Epic marathon dude.

How about showing us your current gear Psyk?
"
I noticed I just gained a level from 18 to 17, so someone died. Looks like it was Drykiller the 48 marauder. RIP Buddy :(

Someone noticed! Thanks Vondum. I was one shot on the final boss in the 3rd difficulty. 17 hours straight, just to do that :) At least it wasn't to lag, I can learn from that. Had less then 50 less hp then when my first hardcore came through there and he lived, so though I would be ok, though I remember it dropping so very low on him the couple times he got hit. Also though I could avoid it with my run speed boots, but not when I'm in mid attack when he starts to attack, man it has a massive area. (Note to self, 1750ish hp is not enough, and 15% run speed is also not going to save you if you cant move the instant you see it). I guess I can start a new one and still try, got some time left in this one.

Good luck to everyone left, stay alive.
"
rexco wrote:
Someone is level 56 within the first 24 hours. That's just sad. Winning the race is cool yeah, but don't throw your life away just to win a fake money prize.

Cause playing a game for 24hrs is going to throw your life away.
You mad cause you died? Or jealous cause you can't man-up and join in on the fun?
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
I'm wondering how many minutes/hours I'm losing with my steady 500 ping. Double double tapping each mob is an annoying habit.
I used to believe I had lag/desync before, but I think I got teleported through a quarter of a map.
I keep wondering how all the HC people get past Vaal. It looks like a skill game and I guess I lack some :)
"
Winenose wrote:
I keep wondering how all the HC people get past Vaal. It looks like a skill game and I guess I lack some :)
Just died to Vaal Ruthless, level 49. First time Vaal has killed me.
Where is everyone? - I'm getting terribly bored. I've played 23 hours in a one man party. In all that time only 1 person has joined the party and left again almost immediately. I'm getting a complex. Do I smell or something?
I'm BACK :)
"
Septile wrote:
Fayded is fucking nuts. Race has been running for 15 hours 30 minutes as of this post, and he has been playing for 15 hours 30 minutes.

It's obvious a teamplayed character using a def and life maradeurbuild so skipped most cruel and ruthless parts.

You could see that he got terribly slow at merciless and we did like 3-4 ruthless areas(normal play) while he finished one.
We got the same speed since cruel, we also had to do the wicked spear in Ruthless twice because it didn't drop the first time.

My respect goes to the players that played normally without skipping most monsters or play classes that don't allow fastrushing.
I saw a shadow in the Top 25 but it seems he died.(Respect playing a class that easily gets killed by arrows)

If the devs create a timelimit how much you an account might be played in 24h and that your actually have to kill a certain amount of monsters then the event would be much fairer.

Or the devs could enable something like hunting mode making the closest players hostile to the leader joining his instance.

"
Metronomy wrote:
"
Winenose wrote:
Just died to Vaal Ruthless, level 49. First time Vaal has killed me.

My 2nd Convictionist died with lvl 50 1 week ago because I made 2 mistakes.
1. Ignoring fireres ~50 (Macemove got 1.5k HP+ES)
2. Playing with fullmap instead of minimap so the vision gets blurred a bit.

When I killed Vaal in Ruthless with another partymember I got hit by 2 rocks and vaal took a critical lightning and I still had 18 hp and survived due crafted Instant Healthpots.

Actually fighting Vaal is easy if you know his moves.

He got only 2 one hit moves.
He shots 3 lightnings like every other specialcast AI too, like the Tidal Island boss.

And a his macemove which targets players close to him.

Both moves get announced so you got 2 seconds to dodge them.

If you got full resists here are life values with ~30% reduce you need to survive his nasty moves.

Normal 550 HP
Cruel 1k HP
Ruthless 1.5k HP
Merciless(haven't been that far but I guess 2-2.5k hp should be enough)

I also have to mention that most of the time I played in a party with 1-2 other players, which makes the game harder, than the common maradeur/duelist runthrough.

But the drops are better, you socialize with people and you share stuff.
WIthout one of my party players I wouldn't have a skillgem I needed for example and other player still weak weapon.

On I have to complain that sadly most of our drops were Rare Bows/Evadestuff so we joked already what the next random unique might drop(we felt like we found like 12 complete bowrangersets)

"
Where is everyone? - I'm getting terribly bored. I've played 23 hours in a one man party. In all that time only 1 person has joined the party and left again almost immediately. I'm getting a complex. Do I smell or something?

Thats the problem with greed.(I know when we killed Marveil on normal a Ranger joined and left and I gave her a rare bow)

My party is sharing most of the stuff and when we started playing we were complete strangers.

Also you have to consider that the game gets harder the with each new partyplayer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info