0.9.11 One-week Hardcore Ladder Race

Watching the event from work (See some of us high level people do work and have lives!).

Races like this will come down to attrition. Staying alive is ultimately more important than leveling quickly. While I'm not going to try and say you can finish Top10 without some serious time commitment, I do think the currency levels are easily reachable by anyone.

I noticed I just gained a level from 18 to 17, so someone died. Looks like it was Drykiller the 48 marauder. RIP Buddy :(

Also thanks to all of you that do stats for these races! I love being able to watch from work and semi keep up with the happenings.
I wish in addition to global messages that say who reached what area or level first the game during the race would also tell us when someone from top 250 or top 100 dies.

The message could be something like this:

"Fayded, lvl 53 marauder got owned at Mud Flats merciless by a Zombie"

Or something more creative.

"
Torin wrote:
I wish in addition to global messages that say who reached what area or level first the game during the race would also tell us when someone from top 250 or top 100 dies.

The message could be something like this:

"Fayded, lvl 53 marauder got owned at Mud Flats merciless by a Zombie"

Or something more creative.

I'd also love something like this. Would have to be HC only (default chars die ALL the time), and I'm not sure I'd want top 250 (there is only 414 racers atm). Perhaps top 100 chars or chars over a certain level, or chars that are in merciless or something like that.

The global announcement messages at the start of racers are really cool, but after the start they are so infrequent that there is not much point. I'd love to see death messages for significant char deaths.
Mmm. Got Facebreaker. :o
I went to bed I was rank 20. I woke up I was rank 21. Now I'm rank 26.

I died at level 9 doing something I would never do normally. Its marathon not a sprint.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Someone is level 56 within the first 24 hours. That's just sad. Winning the race is cool yeah, but don't throw your life away just to win a fake money prize.
"
rexco wrote:
but don't throw your life away just to win a fake money prize.

I see people making statements like you just have all the time and it really grinds my gears.

There are so many reasons #1 might be racing the way they are, you choose one (most negative) point of view and use that to validate calling said player sad. Then top it up by using phrases like 'throw your life away'.

Just as pathetic as those who think players participating with any spirit in the 3 hour weekly races are only doing it for demigod.

You've said it now, so I can remember you ^_^
"
FriarJon wrote:
"
D_molisher wrote:
Well here i thought i was gonna participate in this after work etc ...
But When i checked top 20 ... And top 20 range from lvl 35 to lvl 50.

So i guess ladder races now are only for people with no work or real life...
Too bad as i was actually looking forward for this, but i cant play 12 h a day +++

So maybe someday when its hours daily max, ill participate till that i just forget ladder races.

Even if you don't make the top ranks there are some good currency prizes just for reaching certain level milestone and staying alive.

+1
This is what I'm aiming for.
I think the addition of a X hour race where the X hours could be played at any time during a week would be compelling.

Probably need to make it a 1 char per ladder thing and/or make trading or using a stash impossible (for obvious reasons).
Why are people always talking about you can't do shit in these races if you have a life blah blah. You don't need to play 10+ hours a day to get high up the ranks in a 1 week race. Just play a couple hours everyday and STAY ALIVE. It's that simple. If you're good enough and don't die, you'll get something out of this.

And what do you even expect? That all the people who actually commit a lot of time to this for whatever reason (which are none of your goddamn business anyway) don't deserve to be at the top of the ladder? Why should someone who only manages to play 1 hour every day be able to compete with someone who plays 7? Under no circumstances is that gonna happen so why do you even care that much? If people decide to invest a lot of time in this game, so be it, it's their prerogative.

Some of you need to brighten up a bit and stop comparing themselves with other people all the fucking time. Set your own goals for these events and see where it gets you. And most of all, stop telling random strangers on the Internet to "get a life", it's pathetic.
IGN: Yeph

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info