[1.1.1] Dual Dagger CI. Restored for 1.1 and viable even after Vaal Pact nerf.

Seems REALLY wasteful, not to say ridiculous (or even retarded), not to use Eye of Chayula instead of spending 8 (!), that is EIGHT (!) skill points on Unwavering Stance without picking up anything between it and Vaal Pact. 8 skill points with which you could easily pick up enough critical nodes to exceed whatever bonus the amulet you'd otherwise use and still have some to spare.

That's by no means meant as an insult towards you, ozzy. I feel, however, that the massive changes to the passive tree basically make the Eye of Chayula an essential item for this build. 8 points is just WAY too much.

And maybe it's just me, but your build example seems a little low on the energy shield side of things.

My example build would be more like this:
Super awesome perfect example build.

I took your 100 point build, removed US and the 7 points leading up to it and, instead, grabbed 60% increased Crit chance and 30% more energy shield (for a little extra survivability until you start the beating).

It's far from flawless, of course. On one hand, I'm tempted to just go and see how it performs now, on the other, I'm kinda scared of making a mistake and then having to respec manually, cause I just don't have the resources for that.

Edit: Okay, I actually did some testing with it and I was able to run three auras, but it makes using Critical Weakness fairly tricky, as I have to stand back for a second or two until my mana has recharged enough for me to attack. Grabbing a little extra mana (through equipment?) or reduced reserve should make this completely viable again, though.
Haven't tried a Merc Dominus run yet, though from what I can tell from killing him on Normal, even the Sceptre could be tough to beat with all these enemies and their AoE and long distance attack bullshit.
Last edited by JulienJaden on Oct 23, 2013, 7:22:21 PM
3 auras seems to be the maximum the build can afford with 1.0.0.
If you have enough resists from gear/talents you can ran grace +2,if not,then purity,grace +1.
Personally i ran grace/discipline/hatred.With 25% less mana reserved from talents, each aura reserves 29% mana(purity reserves 19%).
Note that 3 auras need a lot of mana from gear/talents to be viable.

Picking Unwavering Stance is 7 more points.Points you can spend elsewhere if you have Eye of Chayula.Maybe it seems a no brainer for some,but it is not.
Lets compare:
1)Eye of Chayula:7 points you can spend mostly in ES/Dps
2)Good amulet +Unwavering Stance:A very good amy is equivalent to 5-6 points and.. you take strength nodes along the way which are essential if you are planning to use strenght based gems.

I recommend having this build as a base,and from there pick whatever is more useful for your current gear/playstyle.

63 points

My build(level 86)without Eye and Purity(my gear is above average)
IGN DGastone
I have those passives, based on ozzy's example with unwavering stance:

I'm lvl 80 right now. My dps and es are the same they were in OB (about 3k es, 20k dps with all charges). Now i can run 3 auras: discipline, purity, hatred (good bye, grace). I ran on gardens and sceptre of god yesterday and have no problems with survivability.

Got that average gear:
Spoiler
IGN: FatalStep, rush_MIFisto, Robin_Bad_, LeBlancer
Last edited by Legus666 on Oct 24, 2013, 1:53:27 AM
Thanks ozzy157 followed your tree except the 8 nodes from Vaal pack took a different route went up and took Endurance charge duration up to Unwavering Stance consume the same amount of nodes, less 20 strength.

Experimented with Reave and a shield for AOE damage since my shadow still level 80 need 4 more levels to obtain Blast radius before I switch to dual dagger.

Auras:Discipline, Grace, and Hatred ( drop Purity I just used flask )

Here is my gear from Anarchy league:

Have low mana pool hard to curse got a gem Cast on Damage Taken (on my boots) and link either Warlord's Mark or Critical weakness it works wonders. I hope I can find Cast on Crit gem and test how it works for our build.

NOTE: DON"T LEVEL your Cast on Damage Taken Gem keep it at level one made the mistake have to bring it down to level one.

The Gems are quest reward from the library too bad it gave me the option to choose between cast on damge or cast on crit. Did all library quest on normal, cruel, and Merc choose these three, Cast on Crit didn't came out :(

My skill tree: 100 points
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAecFfQ5IEHsRLxGWEuEVIBXXGNsZhhmKGlUajx4aIWAoKii1KaUqOCpNKwosvyzpLR8wVDboQKBHBkyzTipTNVYtVmNW6lb1W69famEhY0Nko20ZbWxwUnBWcLt08X3jf8aGrofbiEKIa5AKkBuSzZLzl9CZV5mamhObtZ_LoqOi6qZ_rEesf7GztMW1SLb3uT65fL46wFHBAMHFwfPC7MM6ykrXhtsa227b1N0N3uXjhOn-6yzrY-1B707y4fPq9Uv22vsJ_5M=
Last edited by bspex on Oct 25, 2013, 2:58:13 AM
Is this viable in 1.0?
IGN: Interloper
update your skill trees please only need a high level one
Hi,
I played this build with witch and it was great but after release I do not think shadow or witch is the most optimal class.
I am going to check this build with scion after I finally find her.

I think my final build would tend to be something like that:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABOygDlm49YEODCW-eykrDOpu1UzVtbLVIsbPtQaZ_h9sWv_PqcFLAUeOEY0Py4cLstMUrCsEA2xoQe_VLvjrrY5matvcRL768guSQEYqvSshuqrXyqW5sRnJsMgl4DVivNugB55_LZKMaVWEhEuGi6u9OKLUqOECgnrmE714TG8hDMbZBWhpOKimlLIWX0Fb1uT7bbn3jDkinNEcGX2oRlnC7GYr7CfbaGo-do_yrXvpW6gV9j_rsGMNtwcUsv4auFdfXhlZjiEKQG3BWmhPb1IIewfNtGS0fTLNQMAQHl5VSUz1f6f65fDvh4venKw==

I guess you still can make it much more optimal. It has additional endurance and frenzy charge, almost free.

if you have any ideas how to improve it please post your suggestions.
Hi Guys,
As you might have noticed i didnt play POE for some time now, and not plan in the near future.
But i visit the site yesterday and noticed some messages about how my build should look in a new skill tree. Well right now shadow variant should be something like this:

This is for using with godly amulet. If you do not have one just use Eye of Chayula and something like this:

But if you are starting a new character i would really suggest using all your gear on a scion version as i think it is far better suited for this build:

I won't be visiting the forum much in the near future, hope this post help someone.
Hey love the build just one question, what gems do you keep at a low level and why? Cheers mate
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info