[3.25] Chaos Zoomancer & Minion Army Necromancer League Starter (All content - Ubers, T17, Simu)

Can someone explain how much minion accuracy we need and how it factors into dps? According to PoB I'm at 100% accuracy, but in the OP I see we are supposed to get 1 accuracy mod on our abyssal jewels. And even wierder when I do PoB trade for these items full dps I get wands with large amounts of minion accuracy (600+) shown above +2 wands. So is it enough to have 100% vs ilevel 84 monsters or do we need more?
"
Nabster wrote:
Can someone explain how much minion accuracy we need and how it factors into dps? According to PoB I'm at 100% accuracy, but in the OP I see we are supposed to get 1 accuracy mod on our abyssal jewels. And even wierder when I do PoB trade for these items full dps I get wands with large amounts of minion accuracy (600+) shown above +2 wands. So is it enough to have 100% vs ilevel 84 monsters or do we need more?

How much minion accuracy you need very much depend on different factors such as:
The gem level of your minion gems.
Is the enemy blinded? (-20% evasion)
Are your minions blinded ?

The Early setup has lvl 25 zombies and 24 skeletons and blind on hit on one jewel.
This is not enough to reach 99-100% chance on hit for minions so you want one extra jewel to reach that point.

At the mid setup we get 3-4 extra gem levels from wand, covenant corruption and ashes so these extra levels is enough to skip the extra accuracy on the jewel.

Blind is still useful for lowering the enemies evade chance and enemies have lower chance to hit you since we have some evasion.

You can see your minions accuracy in the Calcs tab in PoB if you have "Show minion stats" checkbox enabled.
Last edited by Hoffen on Aug 31, 2024, 8:07:40 AM
"
Mentoya wrote:

I said it before and I'll say it again, this is by far the best build I have ever run, especially after the shield update. I'm not use to running juiced T16s and having my health bar rarely taking a hit. NO spectres lost, no zombies lost etc...

The crazy thing is that I'm only in the beginning stages of the "mid game" upgrades on the maxroll guide. I can only imagine how much stronger it will get once all of those upgrades and end game upgrades are in place. I have never done uber bosses before, this might be the first build I will try them with.

I'll admit, I was skeptical of this in the beginning because you don't see Necro getting much love this league compared to other builds. The last 3 leagues I ran decent popular builds, but all of them were squishy as fuck. It's just so nice to be so tanky and not dying. Yea I'm sure I'll still get one shot now and then from some OP monsters, but this is leaps above everything I've ran in the past. This might be my first character ever that I'm able to get to level 100. Not bad for a casual gamer in his 50s :)

And for the record, no, Hoffen isn't paying me to say this :)

Thanks for the feedback and glad you enjoy the build :)
Good luck with doing ubers, if you have the full mid setup you should be able to do all of them with some practice.
"
Hobben wrote:
(quote because I don't know how to @ you

Is shield charge meant to be the trigger for Holy Relic? Seems like it only triggers on jewels with attack tag. I don't use shield charge much in combat, so maybe you have some suggestions? Maybe something other than Holy Relic, maybe a good attack skill?

(edited to quote the correct person - thought it was Nabster who started this thread, it's Hobben of course, sorry)
Last edited by kronholm on Sep 2, 2024, 8:51:20 AM
"

Good luck with doing ubers, if you have the full mid setup you should be able to do all of them with some practice.

Yea I think I'm just going to stop at the early game setup. The cost is just to astronomically high from early game to mid game. I thought about going into mid-game, but after looking at just the wand cost you have on mid game(the one you have in maxroll) and it would be about 75 to 100 divine if not more when I priced all the mods on the trade web site. And then of course the spell suppression setup is also insanely high due to tattoo costs. And getting high spell suppression gear and still maintaining high resistances and life etc on the gear was going to be insanely high as well in cost. I was making good money farming essences , but it would still take me about 2 to 3 weeks to come up with the amount of divines farming essences needed for the wand alone.

Don't get me wrong, I did a sharp price increase when you go from early game to mid game, as it only makes sense, and I think for some players that play multiple hours every day, they can definitely do this. Thanks for the build though, it made T16s much easier than the builds I've ran in the past. I did make my character public if you wanted to take a look at it, as I'm not sure how far I should be able to get with my current gear.
Last edited by Mentoya on Sep 1, 2024, 4:31:10 PM
"
Mentoya wrote:
"

Yea I think I'm just going to stop at the early game setup. The cost is just to astronomically high from early game to mid game. I thought about going into mid-game, but after looking at just the wand cost you have on mid game(the one you have in maxroll) and it would be about 75 to 100 divine if not more when I priced all the mods on the trade web site. And then of course the spell suppression setup is also insanely high due to tattoo costs. And getting high spell suppression gear and still maintaining high resistances and life etc on the gear was going to be insanely high as well in cost. I was making good money farming essences , but it would still take me about 2 to 3 weeks to come up with the amount of divines farming essences needed for the wand alone.

Don't get me wrong, I did a sharp price increase when you go from early game to mid game, as it only makes sense, and I think for some players that play multiple hours every day, they can definitely do this. Thanks for the build though, it made T16s much easier than the builds I've ran in the past. I did make my character public if you wanted to take a look at it, as I'm not sure how far I should be able to get with my current gear.

That wand price is very wrong, right now you can buy one for around 20d
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Settlers/DwDJKWgI5

And that is even on the expensive side of things, you can most likely craft one yourself for a lot less (10-15d) and this craft is explained in the guide.

The mid suppress setup uses 0-2 suppress tattoos depending on which loadout you use.
Suppress items are not difficult to craft most of the time, the mid setup has a fractured 12% suppress on boots&gloves (A base you can buy for 50c up to 1d) and then you spam a envy essences to get the chaos res with other decent mods.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Settlers/BQqnJXQU8

Fractured 120+ life helmet you can buy for like 10c and then you will need to use a decent amount of fossils to hit +2 but still a lot less than the prices you found.

The issue here is your lack of crafting knowledge and how to search for items on the trade site.
Last edited by Hoffen on Sep 1, 2024, 5:37:33 PM
Thanks Hoffen for such a quick response.

this was the trade link I was looking at,

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Settlers/nveEoV2S0

and I always skip past the first 3 to 4 with the assumption that they might not answer or be baiting prices.

Still not sure how I searched it wrong, since your prices are quite a bit cheaper. Anyway, thanks for the crafting tips! and yes I suck and crafting lol. I might give it a go.

I think the hardest part is that it gets to be a juggling act, you replace one piece of gear, but then you think, oh crap, but then I lose my lightning resistance. And then you get it on another piece of gear, and think oh crap, but now I have no room for dexterity lol. That's probably one of the most frustrating parts of upgrading.

I did take a 30 dexterity node on the tree and that helped with my dexterity issues.
Last edited by Mentoya on Sep 1, 2024, 5:50:18 PM
"
kronholm wrote:
"
Hobben wrote:
(quote because I don't know how to @ you

Is shield charge meant to be the trigger for Holy Relic? Seems like it only triggers on jewels with attack tag. I don't use shield charge much in combat, so maybe you have some suggestions? Maybe something other than Holy Relic, maybe a good attack skill?

(edited to quote the correct person - thought it was Nabster who started this thread, it's Hobben of course, sorry)

Shield charge is meant to trigger the life regen effect from holy relic yes.
You shield charge through enemies to trigger the effect constantly in maps and during boss fights you should get used to doing it to charge through bosses or just standing near and hitting them occasionally with the ability.
Also you wrote my name incorrectly >_>
"
Mentoya wrote:
Thanks Hoffen for such a quick response.

this was the trade link I was looking at,

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Settlers/nveEoV2S0

and I always skip past the first 3 to 4 with the assumption that they might not answer or be baiting prices.

Still not sure how I searched it wrong, since your prices are quite a bit cheaper. Anyway, thanks for the crafting tips! and yes I suck and crafting lol. I might give it a go.

I think the hardest part is that it gets to be a juggling act, you replace one piece of gear, but then you think, oh crap, but then I lose my lightning resistance. And then you get it on another piece of gear, and think oh crap, but now I have no room for dexterity lol. That's probably one of the most frustrating parts of upgrading.

I did take a 30 dexterity node on the tree and that helped with my dexterity issues.

You limit yourself with that search.
You will miss all wands that naturally have minion attack and cast speed without the craft.
You also miss wands that have one open suffix which you then craft prefixes cannot be changed and then use orb of scouring to remove all bad suffixes.
Then you craft multi mod, trigger and minion attack&cast speed.

Dont forget you can swap elemental resistances with the horti-crafting station so you dont specifically need lightning for example.
Last edited by Hoffen on Sep 2, 2024, 1:08:22 PM
"
Hoffen wrote:

Shield charge is meant to trigger the life regen effect from holy relic yes.
You shield charge through enemies to trigger the effect constantly in maps and during boss fights you should get used to doing it to charge through bosses or just standing near and hitting them occasionally with the ability.
Also you wrote my name incorrectly >_>

Ahh that makes sense - I am playing on controller so can't really just shield charge in place, it always goes as far as it can. Sorry about getting your name wrong and thanks for the build - never gotten this far before :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info