Game still won't open on M1 Mac...

"
EmmyAllEars wrote:
"
ATR8DZ wrote:
"Moving from bin to application support/path of exile worked for me as well!

If you're not familiar with how to do this..
Open PoE. Let it crash and click move to trash.
Open finder and press Cmd+Shift+G
Paste "~/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile/" in the text box and press enter.
Open your trash and drag the PoE app into that folder.
Hold down option and right-click PoE (the one you just dragged into the folder, not the one in applications).
While still holding down option left click on "Open" and accept the dialog."

Doing this worked for me!

I downloaded the standalone client and this worked for me as well.

This will break again when the next patch is released. Take a look at - https://discord.gg/QAgVjzn8
for Mac users of POE
"
danielray wrote:
i tested so far so many and have a solution, someone already has answered here. My test is also logging out an in - no crash. char changing - no crash. i did oni running with three chars (got one after 2h 45min lol) and i got to town spending the 5k gold from that oni rushing.

solution (so far) only tested with steam:
started poe
counted to 30 in my head (not realy 30 sec)
clicked on the gateways - yes no ms showing
closed game
started game
logged in (user and pw is remembered - so its faster only clicking login! if you need time to enter user and pw its to long!)
checked if templar is blurred or nice
chance 1%: if blurred log out - closing - restarting
chance 99%: templar is nice
clicked on char
played without crash

tested it now for 3 days in multiple instances and clients.

what is more: after logging out and NOT CLOSING the client, i can re-login and charchanging and so on without any problems. also 10h later while logged out. as long as client is open, i dont need the steps above.

hope its working for you, but we are w8in for the patch GGG...

tested on m3 pro

all you tested it!? just tested on another MAC (M1 pro) and first, no login possible, blurred templar. then i made like i have written in quote: AND(!) WAIT TILL 30! Its not working (tested it) by only waitin' till counting to 10 or 15. AND? IT WORKED with M1 pro as well. so, try that method and write if its not working. And follow those instructions. i now playing on all macs with that quote and i dont have login problems (despite the first) anymore.

I can't believe this works... Worked so far everytime wtf
after update still cant log in ... if you log in don't close the app and it will let you log back in ... the blurry templar thing seems not to work anymore ...
Last edited by stanperry on Aug 13, 2024, 11:11:35 PM
After the update I keep getting constant crashes on directx 12 and vulkan and for some weird reason I get 30ish fps on directx 11.
Enough for me, I removed the game. See you
26 pages of the same issue and counting. GGG please... an update, even if it's to say you're not looking at it yet, would be much appreciated.
This worked for me. I enabled/allowed the app in systems settings under privacy and security before trashing it.

"Moving from bin to application support/path of exile worked for me as well!

If you're not familiar with how to do this..
Open PoE. Let it crash and click move to trash.
Open finder and press Cmd+Shift+G
Paste "~/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile/" in the text box and press enter.
Open your trash and drag the PoE app into that folder.
Hold down option and right-click PoE (the one you just dragged into the folder, not the one in applications).
While still holding down option left click on "Open" and accept the dialog."

Doing this worked for me!
Hello guys I am on M2 max and for me I had the same issue, I could not log in even after 30 tries today, what I did is go to local files and delete jus the POE run file, then do an integrity check and it will redownload just that file, after that runs no issue.
Same issue with M3 Max Mac, guess no more POE until POE2 as this has had no response from GGG. Shame it's was a good game :D
"We are looking into this" reply from GGG on July 24th, nearly 1 month later and still no update.

I managed to get this fixed initially for the launch of 3.25 using the workaround in this post - however since 3.25.1 I am now constantly getting a 40.8MB patch followed by "Path of Exile closed unexpectedly"

A full reinstallation (followed by the workaround of moving .app on the first launch, navigating to Application Support, etc, etc) seems to resolve the issue - however this is only temporary, and after a handful of launches I am once again stuck in a crash loop.

GGG, seriously what are you playing at? Why even bother providing a Mac client if you can't actually provide a competent installer.

This is not even mentioning the issues with the Steam client for Mac which is a complete shambles, still nearly 1 month after launch and you've not been able to resolve engine multithreading, and the texture loading causing instability and random crashes, which makes the Steam client pretty much impossible to use on Mac.
IGN: @TheCarry
Last edited by TheCarry on Aug 16, 2024, 5:25:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info