Game still won't open on M1 Mac...

"
danielray wrote:
i tested so far so many and have a solution, someone already has answered here. My test is also logging out an in - no crash. char changing - no crash. i did oni running with three chars (got one after 2h 45min lol) and i got to town spending the 5k gold from that oni rushing.

solution (so far) only tested with steam:
"
started poe
counted to 30 in my head (not realy 30 sec)
clicked on the gateways - yes no ms showing
closed game
started game
logged in (user and pw is remembered - so its faster only clicking login! if you need time to enter user and pw its to long!)
checked if templar is blurred or nice
chance 1%: if blurred log out - closing - restarting
chance 99%: templar is nice
clicked on char
played without crash

tested it now for 3 days in multiple instances and clients.

what is more: after logging out and NOT CLOSING the client, i can re-login and charchanging and so on without any problems. also 10h later while logged out. as long as client is open, i dont need the steps above.

hope its working for you, but we are w8in for the patch GGG...

tested on m3 pro

all you tested it!? just tested on another MAC (M1 pro) and first, no login possible, blurred templar. then i made like i have written in quote: AND(!) WAIT TILL 30! Its not working (tested it) by only waitin' till counting to 10 or 15. AND? IT WORKED with M1 pro as well. so, try that method and write if its not working. And follow those instructions. i now playing on all macs with that quote and i dont have login problems (despite the first) anymore.
Last edited by danielray on Aug 11, 2024, 1:41:31 PM
"
danielray wrote:
"
danielray wrote:
i tested so far so many and have a solution, someone already has answered here. My test is also logging out an in - no crash. char changing - no crash. i did oni running with three chars (got one after 2h 45min lol) and i got to town spending the 5k gold from that oni rushing.

solution (so far) only tested with steam:
"
started poe
counted to 30 in my head (not realy 30 sec)
clicked on the gateways - yes no ms showing
closed game
started game
logged in (user and pw is remembered - so its faster only clicking login! if you need time to enter user and pw its to long!)
checked if templar is blurred or nice
chance 1%: if blurred log out - closing - restarting
chance 99%: templar is nice
clicked on char
played without crash

tested it now for 3 days in multiple instances and clients.

what is more: after logging out and NOT CLOSING the client, i can re-login and charchanging and so on without any problems. also 10h later while logged out. as long as client is open, i dont need the steps above.

hope its working for you, but we are w8in for the patch GGG...

tested on m3 pro

all you tested it!? just tested on another MAC (M1 pro) and first, no login possible, blurred templar. then i made like i have written in quote: AND(!) WAIT TILL 30! Its not working (tested it) by only waitin' till counting to 10 or 15. AND? IT WORKED with M1 pro as well. so, try that method and write if its not working. And follow those instructions. i now playing on all macs with that quote and i dont have login problems (despite the first) anymore.

ridiculous, but this method actually seems to work
This is absurd. In 20+ years of gaming I've never seen anything like this.

M3 Pro Max, Steam, CONSTANT errors (unable to connect) and crashing on login.

Of course, I can login via Japanese (and other) languages - no problem! Kind of difficult to play in a foreign language. I took German in HS but it isn't as consistent with German.

Tried pretty much everything, and it all works - sometimes. VPN, mobile app, reinstall. But seems to be getting worse every day.

Pretty unreal that GGG can't seem to do anything about this with all the data we've given them.
It seems like a connection issue. But I give up for now… this makes no sense and is frustrating.
It's really disappointing there's continued silence this long into the league. Presumably they're retiring Mac support ahead of PoE2 but don't want to announce it just yet.
"Moving from bin to application support/path of exile worked for me as well!

If you're not familiar with how to do this..
Open PoE. Let it crash and click move to trash.
Open finder and press Cmd+Shift+G
Paste "~/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile/" in the text box and press enter.
Open your trash and drag the PoE app into that folder.
Hold down option and right-click PoE (the one you just dragged into the folder, not the one in applications).
While still holding down option left click on "Open" and accept the dialog."

Doing this worked for me!
"
ATR8DZ wrote:

Paste "~/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile/" in the text box and press enter.
Hold down option and right-click PoE (the one you just dragged into the folder, not the one in applications).

thank you very much, as soon as I did it it started immediately
"
ATR8DZ wrote:

How do you get the error with move to trash? I get a popup with options like "Accept" and "Reopen"
"
Orman231516w wrote:
"
ATR8DZ wrote:

How do you get the error with move to trash? I get a popup with options like "Accept" and "Reopen"

The error happens as soon as the update starts or shortly thereafter.
If you have a discord account go and join the Mac-OS sub channel of Path of Exile - https://discord.gg/pathofexile

This has a number of options to connect and play POE that won't have you losing your mind in endless workarounds that work inconsistently.
"
ATR8DZ wrote:

I downloaded the standalone client and this worked for me as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info