6000 hours of Melee Scientific Expert Tells You the Truth- Melee changes ACTUALLY 100% suck

"
sidtherat wrote:
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
i havent seen your pob. used one from ninja. that one had 5 aps BEFORE you factor repeats (rage stacker, ancestral protector, 12 frenzies and very, very fast axe)

Then that wasn't 5 aps. Attack rate counts all repeats within it. To get 5 attacks to count towards the mana count it would need to be this(with Awakened Multistrike):

Regardless, if the upfront cost is 55, you would need almost 19aps to get 255 mana cost per second.

If you have this much aps, mana cost should justifiably be a problem that 10 nodes as some are suggesting be a more than fair balancing point.

i know how to read pob. that build listed aps as ~13aps in POB, that translated roughly to ~5aps (for that particular build) ignoring repeats

it is academic discussion anyway. unless you plan to stick Multitrike into all builds (because yes, it helps with sustain - but less than you think, mostly due to instant mana leech / gain mana on hit) your typical 6link costs 50 mana per click instead of 20.

if you have natural 3 aps - 150 mana/sec JUST for the main link. add 'background' stuff like mark on hit, automation etc and you reach peaks of 200+

your mana leech cap with 700 mana is.. 140. assuming you hit all the time, you are saturated, mobs dont block etc.

many, many chars will die in HC due to sudden OOM, many new players will drop melee when their 3 link setup in act 2 uses like 40 mana/second (lacerate of whatever starts at 8(!) mana, two links bring that up to 14 per swing. i hope all melee league starters enjoy their mana flasks

there is a reason people drop 1-2 reservations and go to Blood Magic keystone - and this is a desperation move

I had this happen a couple times before I learned to always lifetap movement skills.

Im considering blood magic, petrified blood, flesh and stone (hopefully i can fit but doubtful), a couple of autoexerts and herald of purity
Last edited by Lonnie455Rich on Jul 22, 2024, 6:19:08 PM
Looking forward to the overall community shock after a few weeks of league with the realization that melee is worse and more clunky than ever. Apparently 3.2.4 melee didn't have enough issues to juggle and now everyone has to also attack at the speed of a snail. The average player is blinded and baited by the melee gem damage buff and the removal of totems.
"
mnieradko wrote:
Looking forward to the overall community shock after a few weeks of league with the realization that melee is worse and more clunky than ever. Apparently 3.2.4 melee didn't have enough issues to juggle and now everyone has to also attack at the speed of a snail. The average player is blinded and baited by the melee gem damage buff and the removal of totems.

To clarify im ok with the changes. i hated pressing totems. i just hate the attack speed and movement speed changes.

looks like pob is updated for gems and rage. time to cook without annoying configs
Last edited by Lonnie455Rich on Jul 22, 2024, 6:22:31 PM
I don't know man, seems like skill issue or bad build if you're dying due lack of mana. And that's telling, because for far too long melee has been used to operate at 99% mana reservation. Now people are turning into blood magic because they can't fathom nor compute, the end of the world, being forced to drop a 10% reservation and actually think when playing instead of hopping around with attack skill held down.

Also, anyone that isn't using Multistrike for melee builds isn't operating at 100% IQ. There's literally 0 reason to not use over anything else, unless you're one hit slamming, which then you're just signing up for self flagellation.

Also also, let's drop the hypocrisy, if you're getting 17aps "easily", you're not the average player and if you don't want to "waste points" to fix that, you deserve dying to oom.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Jul 22, 2024, 6:38:56 PM
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:

looks like pob is updated for gems and rage. time to cook without annoying configs

Dropped from 47M DPS to 33M DPS with fixed tree and anoint, 36M with banner planted.

I love that Paradoxica is so strong, that even mirror+ foils cannot compete with it.

Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
I don't know man, seems like skill issue or bad build if you're dying due lack of mana. And that's telling, because for far too long melee has been used to operate at 99% mana reservation. Now people are turning into blood magic because they can't fathom nor compute, the end of the world, being forced to drop a 10% reservation and actually think when playing instead of hopping around with attack skill held down.

Also, anyone that isn't using Multistrike for melee builds isn't operating at 100% IQ. There's literally 0 reason to not use over anything else, unless you're one hit slamming, which then you're just signing up for self flagellation.

Also also, let's drop the hypocrisy, if you're getting 17aps "easily", you're not the average player and if you don't want to "waste points" to fix that, you deserve dying to oom.

If you closely read my comment, you will see where I learned. You're just making every post you make very condescending.

Also typical trauma builds don't use multistrike.
Last edited by Lonnie455Rich on Jul 22, 2024, 7:11:52 PM
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
If you closely read my comment, you will see where I learned. You're just making every post you make very condescending.

Because it's the one gem that doesn't benefit them, otherwise they would use it too.

Well, let's be truthful here, you were also very condescending until i proved it. sid still is, saying things wrong and then padding his argument further. "I used 5 aps, but it was actually taken from 13 aps build". Please...
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Jul 22, 2024, 7:28:51 PM
So, -60 at the worst?
200+% MORE on the gem
The pob's look fine now to me

Mana changes seem a bit restrictive, some worse than others - Lifetaping as soon as a flask feels bad

One positive thing I can think to suggest are slightly bumping the early tier mana flask for the first 6 acts or so
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:

Because it's the one gem that doesn't benefit them, otherwise they would use it too.

Well, let's be truthful here, you were also very condescending until i proved it. sid still is, saying things wrong and then padding his argument further. "I used 5 aps, but it was actually taken from 13 aps build". Please...

Idk what you proved. you said it took like 7 points on the tree to get 60 rage
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
Idk what you proved. you said it took like 7 points on the tree to get 60 rage

Lmao. That's what you said.
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
Rage is now more % and with Battle Trance, Veteran's Wrath, plus the rage on hit there you're getting 10 rage each second with 46 max rage at the incredibly staggering and unmanageable cost of 7 points. "Just" 46% more damage, 53% if you get the mastery. 50% inc attack damage and 25% inc attack speed is not even close to 46% more, but i guess math is hard.

This is what i said. Whatever bs you said is that wanted to get to 60 rage. Nowhere have i mentioned 90% AS either, that was what you mentioned out of thin air, buddy.

In fact, 30% more, the new base rage is better than 50% inc dmg and 25% as, and no amount of other 7 points of rage passives could give the now 53% more damage and QoL. If you prefer the attack speed over more %, that had nothing to do with the point i made.

And oh, i thought i was still talking to jsuslak313. You in the other hand is not being condescending, you're just being slow and making up arguments others have not made or just miss understanding the actual arguments, which is kinda worse.
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Jul 22, 2024, 8:12:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info