6000 hours of Melee Scientific Expert Tells You the Truth- Melee changes ACTUALLY 100% suck

"
sidtherat wrote:

(sure, you can invest in 'solving' that - 10 passives or whatever - but why arent caster expected to solve their accuracy woes? why it is always melee that get this kind of crap?

This is precisely the problem and amazing that threads like these have so much back and forth with people "justifying" another round a melee handicaps.

There seems to be this collective inability to see and make the connection that saddling melee with even more handicaps yet again...is NOT a solution. Especially as you compare these "necessary hurdles" to what any other archetype has to overcome.

Great that we don't have to babysit totems. Oh wait...now instead we have to babysit valor and banners, rage, and mana. Great that we deal more damage. Oh wait...we lost tons of attack speed in return. Great that we have more life! Oh wait...phys to elemetal is getting nerfed left and right, along with certain tanky options on melee typical ascendancies, and 2-4x MORE life cost of skills. And thats just a short list of melee-unique tradeoffs and negatives made WORSE by these changes.

These are "solvable" problems, but they are pretty much unique to only melee and require significant investments that take away from damage, survivability, speed, or all three. When these three things are ALREADY a problem and have been historically documented.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jul 22, 2024, 2:57:26 PM
casters are intended to solve mana in lieu of accuracy, they just don't because its too valuable to find a workaround usually.

significantly less passives
extra aura

can't possibly contend with those two :p

I've already said it in one of these threads but I gotta say i share most of the concerns the regular melee players are talking about and as one myself I know exactly where they are coming from. Still excited for the changes and to see what I can make work but i will deliberately avoid crazy APS due to mana issues.

I don't want to write the new stuff off too soon but they certainly seem to have offered a great many extra options but no passive efficiency to actually get those options (aside from some skills receiving a fairly significant buff that is)

Still, call me cautiously optimistic I usually get some good builds out of sweeping changes like this, i've had enough practice.
Looks like the first few videos are now comming out on builds and

Ding ding ding.

They are melee! Who would have thought the actual content creators and best players in the game knew this all along ??

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
casters are intended to solve mana in lieu of accuracy, they just don't because its too valuable to find a workaround usually.

This is presumably true....except that mana has always been more of a problem with melee builds even by current numbers. On top of accuracy.

And now (almost at a minimum) its 2x as bad.
"
Mashgesture wrote:

Ding ding ding.

They are melee! Who would have thought the actual content creators and best players in the game knew this all along ??

made me actually chuckle out loud. Oblivious....

You know what builds get videos every single league? MELEE! Right now is no different than any other youtube content in the history of PoE.

You know what builds ALSO get videos (that you purposely ignore to illustrate a point)? Everything else that performs 5-10x better, for cheaper.

You know what builds are absolutely terrible since around 3.7 regardless of build videos and content creators? 99% of MELEE!

You know WHY build videos are melee right now? Because the majority of patch note changes were about melee. That is ALWAYS going to hype the "content creators" because, whether the attention is good or bad, it is valuable for views

You know what these videos DON'T show? Gameplay, investment, actual performance.

You know what won't exist a few weeks into the league? 90% or more of these builds

Just because builds "work" doesn't mean they are any good. Melee has always "worked". And anyone with common sense knows that there WILL be outliers: I'm sure there are going to be melee builds that perform drastically better than the rest. I'm also quite sure they are....going to be the same builds that have always dominated melee. Stackers using Ephemeral Edge or Boneshatter to name two. The rest of melee is going to be worse.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jul 22, 2024, 3:59:06 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
Mashgesture wrote:

Ding ding ding.

made me actually chuckle out loud. Oblivious....

You know what builds get videos every single league? MELEE!

You know what builds ALSO get videos (that you purposely ignore to illustrate a point)? Everything else

You know what builds are absolutely terrible since around 3.7 regardless of build videos and content creators? MELEE!

You know WHY build videos are melee right now? Because the majority of patch note changes were about melee. That is ALWAYS going to hype the "content creators" because, whether the attention is good or bad, it is valuable for views

You know what these videos DON'T show? Gameplay, investment, actual performance.

You know what won't exist a few weeks into the league? 90% or more of these builds

Just because builds "work" doesn't mean they are any good. Melee has always "worked".

Go to Ziz on league starter builds and point to me where melee was ever highlighted in league start builds ... in the last year. Ill wait.

Note: I shouldnt have to say anything about Bonezone

Like its okay, its as simple as saying "im sorry, I take back what I said about melee and mana issues, I made a mistake in judgement"
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Jul 22, 2024, 4:01:23 PM
If you Can afford inspiration supp
39% less mana

Plus the marauder wheel
10% skill cost as life
And 31% reduced cost

Plus 2 -7 total mana cost

Down to 7 mana per attack

Not Universal but not too Bad. And the mastery is 12% reserv efficiency

Inspiration isnt a bad supp.
Duelist have it even better i see a 45% reduced cluster. Same setup i find 5 mana cost.

Maybe i am missing sth, seems inspiration and 3 passives and minus mana cost
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:

you cant get to 90% attack speed without spending at minimum 14 points, thats assuming the only mastery you take is the 7 rage and you arent using bears girdle.

I don't know why you would think i was having a stroke.

30 base rage

Berserking wheel- 3 points for 5 rage (forced to path there)

Vengeance wheel - 3 points for 2 rage (forced to path there)

Veterans wrath wheel - 4 points for 6 rage (forced to path there)

Battle trance - 3 points for 10 rage (forced to path there)

Mastery - 1 point for 7 rage

3+3+4+3+1 is 14, thats assuming you dont want the movespeed mastery/intimidate/or rage on warcry.

60 rage *50% effect is 90 rage so 90% more damage and 90% inc attack speed. You got 90% inc attack speed before from old rite of ruin with 0 points on the tree. Yes i know that 90% more damage gives a lot of damage compared to 180% inc damage, but you still lost the 180% to gain the 90 and at bare minimum it cost you 14 points on the tree. Then you have lost the entirety of the movement speed. Regardless of what you think about leap slamming its still a loss.

Go make a pob, drop the 14 points from rage and pick up a phys large cluster and a medium, then you arent limited to the forced pathing on the tree. you are making a large triangle on the tree to get 60 rage.

If you're considering berserk in your calculations, if youre talking about a slam build i dont know how much value you will actually get out of berserk given that you aren't hitting near as much on average as a strike skill.

With berserk thats pob cheating like using it with rite of ruin in your pob before.

Why do i even want the 90% as back? You're the one that brought it up and keeps assuming it's a necessity.

Let's make the point clear then: i'm playing a Berserk, the wheel with +10 rage with mastery is +7, plus the +6 wheel that is 3 points. That's 7 points that for me is a no brainer which i alredy path towards. I don't care about the lost as i have still 8+ aps without Berserk skill gem, and with the way they keep complaining about how i'm wrong about my mana sustain, it most likely is better either way.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Jul 22, 2024, 4:32:54 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
Lacerate of whatever (Haemorrhage)

NEW base cost 13 (old: 6)

typical supports via ninja (have no idea what are best):
melee phys (130)
brutality (140)
volatility (130)
MULTISTRIKE (150)
endurance charge on melee stun (120)

new total cost 56 mana per click

it doesnt take much investment to get that to 3aps (pre-multistrike) - the build ive checked was closer to 5aps (~260 mana/sec - it is caster territory now ffs).

good luck sustaining that with leech :)

with old value (27) two rings brought it down to 11 (resulting in 55mana/sec)

it takes to have no experience to not see a HUGE difference.

ps. lifetap on that 56mana means 150 life per attack, 750life/sec at 5aps. it aint pretty and i bet the outcry on reddit is going to be huge

(sure, you can invest in 'solving' that - 10 passives or whatever - but why arent caster expected to solve their accuracy woes? why it is always melee that get this kind of crap?

Have you taken into account that every 6 attacks, 4 of those attacks doesn't cost mana because of the repeat of Multistrike? And of every 8 attacks, 6 of those don't cost mana for Awakened Multistrike? Or i'm the one having a stroke now?
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info