6000 hours of Melee Scientific Expert Tells You the Truth- Melee changes ACTUALLY 100% suck

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
It's crazy how often people have complained about totems + panopticon being required to properly scale melee builds and now that this wish is fulfilled it's "omg why you nerf us" and sadly the thread doesn't go much deeper than the clickbait title.

Overall there's a lot of really good melee stuff going on. Shieldcrush is pretty high up in my list of potential starters thanks to the buffs to the skill itself, shield armour bases as well as impale changes.

The big question is how we'll compensate for physical taken as changes defence-wise, but that's every build's problem now.

Yep it's my starter.

Warden is going to enable some mighty elemental melee/attack builds as well.
Mana flask suggestions on melee builds are so bad that for me it completely disqualifies them from being taken seriously.

Anyone who has played melee knows that:

• No way are you going to press a mana flask, which cannot be automated, every 5 seconds.
• No way are you okay with losing 10-15% of your DPS/passives worth of stats for again, supposedly "free".
• Enduring flask is not even enough for the bare minimum of 2 attacks per second (120 mana), meaning you still need leech.
• No way are you going to have a mana flask running even 20% of the boss fight, especially with the recent flask nerfs.

On top of that, I would rather have 5 totems than press a mana flask every 5 seconds.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Mana flask suggestions on melee builds are so bad that for me it completely disqualifies them from being taken seriously.

• No way are you going to press a mana flask, which cannot be automated, every 5 seconds.
• No way are you okay with losing 10-15% of your DPS/passives worth of stats for again, supposedly "free".
• Enduring flask is not even enough for the bare minimum of 2 attacks per second (120 mana), meaning you still need leech.
• No way are you going to have a mana flask running even 20% of the boss fight, especially with the recent flask nerfs.

On top of that, I would rather have 5 totems than press a mana flask every 5 seconds.

You cant press an enduring mana flask with a build that has 2 aps? Enchant the mana flask for a boss fight by the way with harvest. Thats what you should be doing anyways.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Jul 22, 2024, 12:25:46 PM
"
Mashgesture wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

You cant press an enduring mana flask with a build that has 2 aps? Enchant the mana flask for a boss fight by the way with harvest. Thats what you should be doing anyways.

Physically impossible.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Mashgesture wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Physically impossible.

Yea it must be worth 20 mirrors or something. And have all its sliders set to max.

Will be tuning into your shield slam if you can make it work by the way. And just tuning into you in general. Had to name change IRL creepos were spying on me.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Jul 22, 2024, 12:28:47 PM

• Fuel the Fight exists, works very well and is present in basically all large clusters.
• Phys leeched as mana exists in jewels. Even if you convert 95% of your 1 million dps, that 5% is still enough to net 2k mana with the viridian jewel that grants 0,4% mana leech.
• Until you get some damage, which takes a while when leveling, mana leech is useless. After lv60-70, mana leech from even a fraction of % is enough, which can easily come from the sources above.
• Banner reservation freed more than enough mana to fit the new costs.
• Not all costs were doubled, and some were justifiably so.

The "experts" keep ignoring what still is there and was in all likelihood alredy and will keep getting used.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Jul 22, 2024, 12:51:03 PM
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
Its 180% inc attack damage and 90% attack speed on zerker using rite of ruin with no investment on base tree. it takes like 16 points you will want to invest to get back to 90% attack speed. assuming you're not using bears girdle, which has the cost of a belt slot.
Then there are the movement speed losses.

The pobs i had been kicking around is just more damage to not spec into rage on the tree outside of 1 wheel. Then run clusters instead.

Crave the slaughter gives 1% attack speed for each rage, Rite of Ruin gives 50% increased rage effect, 30 base rage means 45% more attack damage and 45% inc attack speed, which is indeed a net zero. However, Battle Trance wheel alone is giving you 25,5% more attack damage and 25,5% inc attack speed for 4 points. For a Zerk, that's a no brainer. And you're casually side stepping that in getting that 90% inc attack speed, you'd also be getting more attack damage, not increased.

And not all builds are your builds. Mine's crit, impale and rage capped and that wheel is one of the best for me, right next to Disemboweling. My best 4 wheel gives me about 20mill dps, that one gives me almost double that. Even 5 useless travel nodes were converted into that wheel, which is just sweet(had to travel to Savage Skewering and Harvester of Foes, that is no longer the case). Every other node was either the same or got moved to a better spot for my build.

Further more, movement speed is nothing but fluff for a Zerk when you can leap slam 7 times a second.

As for mana, that didn't change a thing, i have enough free with banner being dropped and rearranged my auras with one more enlighten with the freed totem gem slots.

And i haven't even added war banner damage into my calcs.

So yeah, it was a buff. And i'm not even commenting how my armor stacker got a truck load of damage since it doesn't slot into totems anyway.

P.S.: I have more experience with melee than a lot of the "experts" waddling about here, and totem being gone is a monumental QoL, even for a net zero gain (which isn't the case).

in your other post youre assuming you spend the 14-16 skill points to get to that 90% attack speed. How many points on the base tree did you need to hit 90% attack speed before rite of ruin change?
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:

• Fuel the Fight exists, works very well and is present in basically all large clusters.
• Phys leeched as mana exists in jewels. Even if you convert 95% of your 1 million dps, that 5% is still enough to net 2k mana with the viridian jewel that grants 0,4% mana leech.
• Until you get some damage, which takes a while when leveling, mana leech is useless.

The "experts" keep ignoring what still is there and was in all likelihood alredy used.

Your suggestions are not enough to cover for the mana required because exactly like life leech, so too does mana leech have a maximum leech cap. If you want to play with only mana leech with the same mana reservation % as right now, you will have to invest into:

Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
[Removed by Support]

Perhaps spend a bit more time reading than spouting nonsense? Every single "solution" you offered was discussed BEFORE your post and after. There is no reason for me to repeat what others have already said and responded to, within this thread and multiple other threads.

As for my builds: I delete all builds once they hit standard. No reason to have 1000 builds from 15k+ hours in this game that I....don't touch. There is also little reason for me to prove myself to you, when you have already "proven" yourself to me.

Once again...your "solutions" are not solutions. They are handicaps. They have been discussed. You have ignored all the discussion and continue to ignore the fairly obvious downsides and basically "wrong" suggestions.

As I mentioned earlier, with each post that hole gets deeper.

Last edited by CoryA_GGG on Jul 22, 2024, 1:27:42 PM
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:

• Until you get some damage, which takes a while when leveling, mana leech is useless. After lv60-70, mana leech from even a fraction of % is enough, which can easily come from the sources above.
• Not all costs were doubled, and some were justifiably so.

The "experts" keep ignoring what still is there and was in all likelihood alredy and will keep getting used.

khem khem.. do you know how mana leech cap works? melee builds do not have 2000 mana but more like 700 and little innate mana regen (due to low cap AND no investment into mana regen - investment that isnt even there in the marauder part of the tree)

how are you expecting to sustain 180mana/s with that leech (and 180 is OPTIMISTIC, ignoring warcry burst usage etc)

i know leech is convoluted mess but guys, please, stop suggesting things you havent tried/researched before. mana leech from a cluster/jewel IS NOT ENOUGH.

unless you suggest melee invests into max mana and get 2000 + mana regen? for real? and if you do - you still call this situation 'ok, no change'?

for most players, ones that used 2 * -7 rings mana requirements went upwards of TEN times. seriously, do the math

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info