Jun/betrayal mechanic feedback and suggestions

Betrayal has absolutely no issues the way it is right now.

I miss aisling before the nerfs and when you could get 2 mods at once.

The issues with scamming literally only happens in sc. nobody scams in the hc community. Its is a human problem not a mechanic problem.
"
demon7310 wrote:

2. The current meta is to rush mastermind, as far as I'm concerned i usually get it ready in 10 missions on average. With so few missions, you don't have much time to set up relations at all so thats not very relevant. They get lost upon reset.

This is the problem right here, and kind of what I suspected from your original post. "The current meta" is a terrible terrible place to start a suggestion from, and its why I responded the way I did to your first post.

Who the heck cares what the "current meta" is?! Every single problem you have with Jun would be fixed if you stopped running the supposed "meta". The fixes are already in place, yet you are willfully ignoring them in favor of a different strategy, and then going back and complaining about the very thing you already chose to ignore!
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Feb 28, 2024, 8:08:06 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
demon7310 wrote:

2. The current meta is to rush mastermind, as far as I'm concerned i usually get it ready in 10 missions on average. With so few missions, you don't have much time to set up relations at all so thats not very relevant. They get lost upon reset.

This is the problem right here, and kind of what I suspected from your original post. "The current meta" is a terrible terrible place to start a suggestion from, and its why I responded the way I did to your first post.

Who the heck cares what the "current meta" is?! Every single problem you have with Jun would be fixed if you stopped running the supposed "meta". The fixes are already in place, yet you are willfully ignoring them in favor of a different strategy, and then going back and complaining about the very thing you already chose to ignore!

I enjoy doing jun but the whole point is to make money out of it like any other mechanic in the game.
If you make alva temples it's to sell corruption rooms, the same way if you do jun it's to sell aisling hillock and vorici benches.
Unless you're playing in ssf, that's what most people are doing so I would say that yes they care.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:

The issues with scamming literally only happens in sc. nobody scams in the hc community. Its is a human problem not a mechanic problem.

Eh honestly I think the old aisling was too op, just add a veil mod with no downside. Why would you ever use exalts when you can guarantee that you can add a veil mod apnd pick your outcome?

Also there's hardly any scamming in SC anymore because people use tft, and I think that will be fixed next league when jun becomes tradable.

My suggestions are mostly to improve the way you can play the mechanic. Jun is already a complex mechanic and even if you know what you're doing sometimes the randomness can be really frustrating when you're not getting what you're waiting for after a couple missions.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
Leadership matters for leo in intervention to drop paradoxica.

Idk about anything else.

Are you sure about that? I've dropped probably 15 paradoxicas this league, why would leo make it better odds? His reward is ultimatum scarabs in intervention iirc.
"
exsea wrote:
my suggestions:
4. all syndicate options STOP when mastermind is at 100%. but mastermind encounter is itemized like incursion temples.

and my unpopular opinion:

make mastermind intelligence ALWAYS increase slowly. if this is not done players will simply abuse the syndicate repeatedly, for example scarab farming.

I think these 2 suggestions combined are really bad, you often get mastermind to 100 before all the members are ready.
If you just force the player to run mastermind when he doesn't wants to thats really bad.
"
demon7310 wrote:
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
Leadership matters for leo in intervention to drop paradoxica.

Idk about anything else.

Are you sure about that? I've dropped probably 15 paradoxicas this league, why would leo make it better odds? His reward is ultimatum scarabs in intervention iirc.

When leo is the leader of intervention and rank 3 and you do a safehouse he can drop paradoxica when you interrogate him. ive never had one drop from anyone else or any other situation.
"
demon7310 wrote:
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:

Eh honestly I think the old aisling was too op, just add a veil mod with no downside. Why would you ever use exalts when you can guarantee that you can add a veil mod apnd pick your outcome?

Also there's hardly any scamming in SC anymore because people use tft, and I think that will be fixed next league when jun becomes tradable.

My suggestions are mostly to improve the way you can play the mechanic. Jun is already a complex mechanic and even if you know what you're doing sometimes the randomness can be really frustrating when you're not getting what you're waiting for after a couple missions.

It would probably be considered op for high end crafting. Making phys weapons isn't fun and double veiled made it a lot better. If crafting a 2h mace was easier i would probably league start berserker slams every league but instead im left playing a build i cant stand since they also deleted divergent trauma.
"
demon7310 wrote:
"
exsea wrote:
my suggestions:
4. all syndicate options STOP when mastermind is at 100%. but mastermind encounter is itemized like incursion temples.

and my unpopular opinion:

make mastermind intelligence ALWAYS increase slowly. if this is not done players will simply abuse the syndicate repeatedly, for example scarab farming.

I think these 2 suggestions combined are really bad, you often get mastermind to 100 before all the members are ready.
If you just force the player to run mastermind when he doesn't wants to thats really bad.

previously GGG seemed to not like players intentionally "not completing" the mastermind and intentionally avoiding the mastermind even with full intelligence.

which is why i say that one of them is an unpopular opinion/suggestion

also you have to consider the other suggestions i gave which make it easier to setup the board faster.

setup fast, knock down fast. no cheesing. bad rng? too bad. it will function like alva temples where you're forced to complete whether you like it or not. but with the huge caveat that my suggestion on making ways to setup the board much more easier needs to happen as well or else its really not satisfying as you cant even setup the board as you mentioned.
[Removed by Support]
"
demon7310 wrote:

the whole point is to make money out of it like any other mechanic in the game.

No...that is the whole point for YOU to do Jun, and for YOU to do any other mechanic in the game.

That is most certainly NOT "the whole point" of the mechanic itself, or any other mechanic. This game is not a market simulator.

The actual "whole point" of ANY mechanic in this game, is to have the opportunity to improve your character or improve other game mechanics. Running something for the sole purpose of selling it is a secondary outcome brought about by someone who has gotten bored with the game.

This is not a SSF argument...I don't play SSF. But when you treat "the whole point" of playing the game as selling and making money, then there is a HUGE problem imo. You've lost your reason for playing.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Feb 29, 2024, 8:58:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info