[3.25] Tarekis' Facetank Flicker Trickster - Ultra Tanky All-Rounder - CI ES Stacker

"
When is the 3.25 build update coming? I was planning using this as a starter to the league, but you're blue balling me right now, buck.

Beta is up, but watch out for changes, still very unclear on a couple things and missing a few gems.

"
Chaosoulg wrote:
Looking to probably league start this myself, but one note looking at the current beta 3.25 POB, won't be able to run frenzy anymore. Changes made it bow/wand only. One alternative would be frenzy of onslaught, but think that's gonna be a hassle. IMO probably use weapon swap to shield w/ min frenzy charges tech.

Oh fuck, I missed that in the patch notes, and PoB still has the melee gem...
Thanks for bringing that up, changing it in PoB.

It's rough, it's a bit borked, but really, you only need the frenzy for when you don't have close to max charges, so you should never remove your frenzies with it, but it's pretty shitty to have to rely on that.
"
Azufael wrote:
"
Tarekis wrote:

Verstaile Combatant probably is probably
too much travel points unless you wanna clunk your frenzy gen and block by dropping the sword wheel or a good portion of your DPS. But yeah, rage generation is gonna be a open question for now.

How is it too much travel point when it's already in the build ?

I'm talking about this node :

Also since Versatile Combattant got buffed, there is the possibility of dropping the sword node with Brutal Blade and taking Bladedancer instead, keeping the Sword Mastery bu gaining 2 points, at the cost of some block.

Also means losing 20% to gain frenzy charge when blocking, having never played this I don't know how much of an impact it has.
[edit] : frenzy when block, not on hit

Yeah, that is Vengeance, not Versatile Combatant, different wheel. And well, I looked into getting Versatile, but it's too far. With the small rage on hit node leading to it that could work tho... Looked into getting banner mastery because it had 8% inc damage on enemy which is very nice, but the rage actually is pretty damn neat...

Also, don't brick the frenzy% on hit (keep the sword wheel), without it the build bricks.
Last edited by Tarekis on Jul 24, 2024, 5:06:22 PM
Heres what i'm planning on running if anyone has any ideas or comments about it :)

https://pobb.in/_81N5ZeCrHPD
Dread Banner stages (Valor, but skill not updated?) say it's from impale but there's no sources and it would be a loss of 16% spell block on bosses, and 8% otherwise. I don't think it's realistic to rely on, but there's also no easy/great sources of extra block to grab.

Berserk uptime is probably very poor with just 1-3 rage on hit.

I also like unchecking Vaal Haste, but I know your numbers have to be competitive with other forum numbers.

I still plan on swapping to this later on.
"
Nero__ wrote:
Dread Banner stages (Valor, but skill not updated?) say it's from impale but there's no sources and it would be a loss of 16% spell block on bosses, and 8% otherwise. I don't think it's realistic to rely on, but there's also no easy/great sources of extra block to grab.

Berserk uptime is probably very poor with just 1-3 rage on hit.

I also like unchecking Vaal Haste, but I know your numbers have to be competitive with other forum numbers.

I still plan on swapping to this later on.

Impale is probably a bug in PoB, but that doesn't change anything regarding DPS anyway.

Yeah, came to the same conclusion, previously we had 50/50 block, now we have 65/47 without DB, which is OK, but popping a banner for some more block is the best cheap way I can think of right now, tempest shield has the same problem as does autoexert, can't fit any more auras without major investment, and I planned on getting lingering banner buffs, which would make it more reliable, but the rage wheel does look a bit too good to pass up.

Yeah berserk and vaal haste are both cooldowns you want to pop on bosses, I understand some people would think that config is baity, which I have in there to showcase how the build fairs against bosses, since for trash mobs you shotgun for a multitude of that DPS with splash/additional targets, I'll try to add that in PoB so people know it won't have good uptime.
Last edited by Tarekis on Jul 25, 2024, 3:52:58 AM
With the nerf to Grace and new bases, couldn't we drop Grace and still be OK ? That could free res for either autoexert or Tempest Shield

On the 3.25 PoB disabling Grace drop Phys Reduction from 90% to 89%, new bases should cover that 1% I think. Without the Endu charges, that's a drop from 86% to 77% that might also be covered by the bases, or some minor investment.
If we cannot use frenzy to start flicking anymore, what about smashing frenzy charge Grand spectrum into the build? I know its a jewel slot, but seems like an ez solution
"
Azufael wrote:
With the nerf to Grace and new bases, couldn't we drop Grace and still be OK ? That could free res for either autoexert or Tempest Shield

On the 3.25 PoB disabling Grace drop Phys Reduction from 90% to 89%, new bases should cover that 1% I think. Without the Endu charges, that's a drop from 86% to 77% that might also be covered by the bases, or some minor investment.

It's not really about the phys reduction, it's about the flat armour for aegis, you can do that, but you might as well swap to a rare shield if you do that, and that's a whole lot of headache. There are builds that do that, but mostly it's mirror shields, and almost never tricksters.

"
If we cannot use frenzy to start flicking anymore, what about smashing frenzy charge Grand spectrum into the build? I know its a jewel slot, but seems like an ez solution

We still can, it just has a rough caveat and is gated.
Grand Spectrum isn't a solution because min charges don't work with flicker, nor do they solve the actual problem frenzy solves (not having awakened multistrike and running low on charges), plus a single grand spectrum is essentially pointless, and expensive.
"
Tarekis wrote:

It's not really about the phys reduction, it's about the flat armour for aegis, you can do that, but you might as well swap to a rare shield if you do that, and that's a whole lot of headache. There are builds that do that, but mostly it's mirror shields, and almost never tricksters.

How much flat armor do you think is enough for Aegis to be worth it ?
How about using Doedre's Elixir until we can get a Farrul's fur

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info