How dare the reddit PoE mods lock down the 'official' PoE sub-reddit

"
Nubatron wrote:
"
StinkStink wrote:

What's so wrong about them handing over the sub to GGG? I don't see what's wrong. Can you elaborate? All I see is a third party having control of the community built on top of a game made by GGG.

So... what's the problem with them handing over the sub to GGG?

GGG had original control of that sub. They handed it to others to manage. What makes you think they want it back? They abandoned even posting there after it got so hostile and toxic toward them.

Great so we default back to the other part of the argument. Remember? They should either close it permanently or hand it over to GGG.

Honestly your stance raises so many questions. It's such a simple topic. That sub is bad for the community. It should close permanently or should be handed over to GGG.
Last edited by StinkStink on Jun 15, 2023, 11:30:26 AM
HAHAHAHAHHA! Figures.
There you have it folks: They should either close it permanently or hand it over to GGG.

Time to go play some more without any more distractions from third party agendas and greed. xD
The obvious endgame for reddit (the company) is to just manually unprivate the protesting subreddits and ban all the mods. Let communities get new ones and repeat if necessary.

The company didn't care when it increased api access cost and didn't care now.
Last edited by roundishcap on Jun 15, 2023, 11:58:12 AM
"
policecar wrote:
I wont lie its absolutely fucking infuriating that a small number of pathetic janitor mods have decided to lock down the whole PoE reddit for the entirety of the playerbase. Especially at the same time as the 2nd PoE2 trailer reveal, how fucking dare they. All they are achieving is deterring potentially new players and annoying existing players.

Please can someone make a new official PoE sub-reddit so the current mod base don't have this level of power.

i hope you are trolling. that lockdown is in protest of reddit's power trip regarding the pricing of their API. complain to reddit's CEO to abandon their oppressive pricing structure which makes moderation of subreddits much more difficult.

also: i thought reddit is so dumb and evil. just post here. problem solved.
Last edited by dachoppa on Jun 15, 2023, 11:52:52 AM
No one should use reddit anymore, give the mods what they want so we can actually have useful info on the official forums.

Where none of those losers can just lock down information, idgaf about your politics and wanting Reddit to not be a business.
Last edited by valarias on Jun 15, 2023, 12:15:37 PM
"
valarias wrote:
No one should use reddit anymore, give the mods what they want so we can actually have useful info on the official forums.

Where none of those losers can just lock down information, idgaf about your politics and wanting Reddit to not be a business.

I get your point and I agree in any other circumstance I'd say let them kill each other over there while we are okay over here... but! That sub does more harm than good so I have to agree with StinkStink when he says:

They should either close it permanently or hand it over to GGG.

The fact that people push back on that idea makes me believe even more that there is a mirror mafia. Specially with all the information that has been revealed so far.

It's time to promote the game. Mods should do a sticky post in the lines of not being associated with the sub reddit and delete all these non-sense posts.
i dont think GGG will ever return or take over the sub. Especially as the enshittification of reddit continues.

The only thing reddit is actually good at (for GGG) is marketing new content on the frontpage and exposing it unaware people.

the community itself might as well reside on another site

see the article and apply to reddit
https://www.wired.com/story/tiktok-platforms-cory-doctorow/
Last edited by Gamingtwink on Jun 15, 2023, 12:28:57 PM
"
Gamingtwink wrote:
i dont think GGG will ever return or take over the sub. Especially as the enshittification of reddit continues.

see the article and apply to reddit
https://www.wired.com/story/tiktok-platforms-cory-doctorow/

Who's saying anything about them using it?

I said hand it over. I don't care what GGG does with it afterwards. Just hand it over to GGG or close it permanently. So simple.

If GGG decides to use it and moderate fine. If they decide to place a bot that automatically deletes all new posts and forward users here, so be it. Idc what they do with it honestly. All I know it will be better than what it currently is.
Ppl trying unsuccessfully to argue that a third party should have control over the community built on top of this game and this company.

Facepalm LOL!

This world is doomed xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info