How dare the reddit PoE mods lock down the 'official' PoE sub-reddit

lmfao
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
I'm feeling like stereotyping a little bit: This thread sums up Reddit users quite nicely.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
its only locked for 3 days isnt it?

which makes it even more stupid to lock it in the first place
Imagine being the CEO at the first board meeting after their IPO goes live. The marketing guy says,

"85% of our mobile users arent using our app. Do you think you are maximizing that market for the investors?"

Yes or no, he is fired either way for unfulfilling his role as CEO to make investors money.

Reddit will lose some users, but they will gain overall because they pick up the 85% of the people using 3rd party. Even if you cut it in half, your talking 5% loss vs 40% min gain.

Someone said you can create a new sub reddit, you can also create a new reddit :)
Its like the product cant wait jump back on the shelf and put itself on sale.
The PoE subreddit is set to private indefinitely to those of you who think it's only 3 days.

If the mods wanted to do an actual, meaningful protest, they should have left the subreddit open and just stopped modding it, let it turn into a shitshow, and promote an alternative site to use. This would also leave the useful information on the subreddit accessible for anyone who needs it.

Right now the mods and reddit both know that eventually, it'll be opened again, and the people will return.

Right now the only thing they are doing is inconveniencing anyone trying to search for information about PoE that has only been discussed in a reddit thread, and people looking for sources on the game who might be coming from D4.
It's nothing to do with doing their job, its about Reddit looking impose substantial costs onto the developers of tools that use the API, many of the moderation tools which are not made by Reddit require access to the API.

At least that is what I have gathered from the limited information I have found.
I'm kind of waiting for Reddit to disable the option to make subs private... I've got no idea why the company tolerates this protest in the first place.
Ngl, this "protest" makes me wish GGG remade their forum into a more (old) Reddit-like forum. I really like the structure of each post on Reddit. In my opinion it has all the benefits of regular forums while adding better visibility and discussion options.
I'm very glad this forum exists because otherwise it would be much worse. I don't care that some third party tools that I don't use can't leech money off of reddit anymore, but I do care that 2/3s of my search results are unavailable because people are only talking about it on reddit.

I haven't even heard of these 3d party tools before, and just because mods are power tripping even if I dont like reddit I'm affected. GGG should just fire all reddit their subreddit mods and replace them with their own employees, because they are really just harming their own brand for some app that reddit mods like to use.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info