[3.25] ❄️ Icicle Mines Deadeye ❄️ Cheap / League Starter / Fast Mapper / 1st Day T16

"
MisterTails wrote:
"
tigartar wrote:
"
MisterTails wrote:
Will there be an updated POB or tentative POB soon?

I've skimmed through the opening post and look at the older POBs and it all looks pretty good. I'm leaning towards choosing this as my league starter.

My core concern is the single target damage; I plan to eventually do some bossing early in the league and wanted to know how much more of a hassle it would be to gem swap or change gears completely to Eye of Winter.

Having played this now 2 leagues in a row although this isn't a great bosser it can do early bosses pretty well with some good knowledge of the bosses their mechanics and positioning even without heavy investment.

I am planning on running this again for a 3rd time in a row myself as its just a great way to start tbh

I've also piloted Icicle Mine a few leagues back but not this version; this looks like it's doing a few things different from when I played it and it does look very solid.

How did you handle single target DPS for early (story/voidstone) pinnacle bosses and Maven invitations? I'm supposing that you slot in Eye of Winter and clench your butt cheeks a bit. In my case, I don't have strong mechanics for bossing so I'm concerned for that down the line.

Played the build last league and like they guy above said. Get yourself a bitterdream, Mutewind Whispersteps(boots with flat cold) and you're cruising through T16 and basic guardians. Then try to speed farm some T16 with altars and get a couple of divines and get ratpith, dissolution and maybe try to replace bitterdream with +7(corrupted) march of the legion and you should be farming all basic bosses really quickly. I never felt the need to swap to eye of winter so I just played icicle mines all the way :)
I put detonate mines on left click, but got message "Instant skill can not be used on left click" - still have to press "d" to detonate
"
emancypacja wrote:
I put detonate mines on left click, but got message "Instant skill can not be used on left click" - still have to press "d" to detonate

It was changed this league. You now use the new Automation gem and link it with a Detonate gem.
So we lost dmg slot or cant use bitter sceptre :s
"
emancypacja wrote:
So we lost dmg slot or cant use bitter sceptre :s

What do you mean? You just put Automation & Detonate anywhere in your gear. It doesn't have to be linked with your Icicle!
I didnt know that! :O Thank you!
"
99prosorc wrote:
"
nickn06 wrote:
Hello,

First, thanks you for this guide.

Have you a specific loot filter to recommand for this build, especially for levelling?

For Act 1 - 10, you can just go to filterblade.xyz, switch to soft or regular (I prefer regular) and load the "leveling - caster" module and the "leveling - low currency highlight" module. I also edit the sizes: global style edits -> remove all sizes -> increase all sizes by 6. This makes the icons just slightly smaller.

Thanks you !!
"
tigartar wrote:

Single target DPS is surprisingly alright but what I found gave me the biggest boost early on is getting an icicle mine of fanning and just leveling it up myself, fanning is a blessing to make bosses or scary rares be not scary anymore.

But I suppose you could slot in eye of winter on bosses you really struggle with if you come across one

But is the "of fanning" version not horrible for map clear with 2 projectiles less?
Can you provide a trade site search string for the relevant jewels please?

POB updated? It still has the 3.24 tree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info