3.19.1c Hotfix 2

"
Anngrat wrote:
That's kinda hillarious. I woke up in the morning, saw a video of kobe - oh, finally something interesting with hateforge, and I bought them some time ago for a unique collection, I could try it out in the league!

But, nope. Already nerfed. We are stuck with garbage loot goblins and archnemesis trash till the end of the league ( at least), but fun things and builds are nerfed within few hours...

Do you REALLY want a rollback-inducing exploit left in the game?

It would be a disgrace if GGG didn't emergency fix this. It would single-handedly kill the league once cheaters started intentionally crashing instances to rollback bad RNG craft results.

If GGG were 96% done on a patch to fix the loot goblin rubbish, it would still be ABSOLUTELY right to take developers off that and get this emergency patch out, then get the customer service people checking for evidence of cheaters who abused this (for crafting cheats, not just a combat edge) and permabanning them. THEN, once the trash was gone - and ONLY then, get back to the fix for the loot goblin rubbish.

It's simple prioritization. Put out fires first, and a crash/rollback causing cheat is a fire.
Le Toucan Will Return
"
Anngrat wrote:
That's kinda hillarious. I woke up in the morning, saw a video of kobe - oh, finally something interesting with hateforge, and I bought them some time ago for a unique collection, I could try it out in the league!

But, nope. Already nerfed. We are stuck with garbage loot goblins and archnemesis trash till the end of the league ( at least), but fun things and builds are nerfed within few hours...

This was not an "interesting interaction", this was an exploit that caused a time-limited skill to stay around indefinitely by causing an integer underflow - meaning, it was clearly based on a bug and not on an interesting interaction of intended gameplay elements.

If you truly expected this to not be fixed immediately, then you must be living in a different reality than this one.

Whatever your beef with the current state of the game is, abusing exploits is not the solution.
"
Dreamounette wrote:
"
Anngrat wrote:

Vote with your wallet.
I like alot of packs this league but you know how much i Bought ? 0.
And if this isnt fixed next league, i will play but 0 pack again.

I love this game, i love some changes, but getting one shooted for no reason with 3 layers of defense, 0 death Recap, 0 Visibility is the worst problem of this game since longe time.

skill issue. I never get one shot by anything other than uber pinnacle bosses.
"
sirgog wrote:
"
Anngrat wrote:

It would be a disgrace if GGG didn't emergency fix this. It would single-handedly kill the league once cheaters started intentionally crashing instances to rollback bad RNG craft results.

If GGG were 96% done on a patch to fix the loot goblin rubbish, it would still be ABSOLUTELY right to take developers off that and get this emergency patch out, then get the customer service people checking for evidence of cheaters who abused this (for crafting cheats, not just a combat edge) and permabanning them. THEN, once the trash was gone - and ONLY then, get back to the fix for the loot goblin rubbish.

It's simple prioritization. Put out fires first, and a crash/rollback causing cheat is a fire.

Kobe claims it didnt crash instance, so I dont see any problem with crafting here.
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
"
Anngrat wrote:

Kobe claims it didnt crash instance, so I dont see any problem with crafting here.

Oh, so who's the authority here? Kobe or Game developer?
"
Anngrat wrote:
"
sirgog wrote:
"
Anngrat wrote:

I wouldn't listen to that guy ever then.
My game randomly crashes after this hotfix.. not a good day for labs.
So you completely break your entire game with this league, but you fail to make adjustments to fix it.

You break ONE SKILL, and you release a patch in TWO DAYS to fix it.

When you break something that helps players have fun, you fix it immediately. If your BS makes the game less fun, you take MONTHS to ADJUST it.

Just roll back changes when your playerbase calls it garbage and quit trying to build your "Vision". You need to align that vision with the actual game you are developing.
The fact that you can crash an instance and roll back things at all is a testament to their bad code, not a skill exploit.
Last edited by vrenth on Oct 3, 2022, 7:38:12 AM
No fun allowed

Nothing new tho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info