[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Cappabitch wrote:
I've been playing WI on and off and finally had success this league. I finally felt like I had the build in hand. I intend to farm a bit more, push the build to see what it can do for me, but my mind is also already racing to other possibilities. Has anyone attempted an Avatar of Fire conversion with Scorching Ray and Legacy of Fury for the scorch? Go for something much tankier for stationary play, perhaps not a Trickster, but a Chieftain or Inquis.

How would you get the other 50% conversion to fire? Avatar of Fire removes all non-fire damage. I'm not sure you'd end up with more damage, as it wouldn't let us double-dip in modifiers.

As for tankiness, overleech + truckload of leech + Heartstopper + Polymath is probably tankier than Chieftain or Inquisitor. Plus, the travel nodes of the ascendancy give a lot of ES (20% ES + 1/6th of EV on Body Armour), which synergizes very well with int-stacking. What did you have in mind for Inquis or Chieftain?

Perhaps I wouldn't overall. I was thinking of taking advantage of Ash and Scorch for added sources of damage on a Chieftain, or using a Sab for the Triggerbots for both Vortex and Icestorm (with far less cast speed, as I'd cap out on 5 storms very quickly and would lose DPS otherwise). Not something that would cap out the DPS charts, but something unusual or different. As you can see, though, I can't fully answer whether losing 50% of the damage through conversion can be made up with a combination of Fire and Cold damage passives and the two debuffs. There's so many moving variables here.

EDIT: You mentioned AoF wouldn't allow us to double-dip modifiers. Would that effectively eliminate taking cold damage on the passive tree?
Last edited by Cappabitch on May 13, 2023, 1:15:01 PM
"
Cappabitch wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Cappabitch wrote:
I've been playing WI on and off and finally had success this league. I finally felt like I had the build in hand. I intend to farm a bit more, push the build to see what it can do for me, but my mind is also already racing to other possibilities. Has anyone attempted an Avatar of Fire conversion with Scorching Ray and Legacy of Fury for the scorch? Go for something much tankier for stationary play, perhaps not a Trickster, but a Chieftain or Inquis.

How would you get the other 50% conversion to fire? Avatar of Fire removes all non-fire damage. I'm not sure you'd end up with more damage, as it wouldn't let us double-dip in modifiers.

As for tankiness, overleech + truckload of leech + Heartstopper + Polymath is probably tankier than Chieftain or Inquisitor. Plus, the travel nodes of the ascendancy give a lot of ES (20% ES + 1/6th of EV on Body Armour), which synergizes very well with int-stacking. What did you have in mind for Inquis or Chieftain?

Perhaps I wouldn't overall. I was thinking of taking advantage of Ash and Scorch for added sources of damage on a Chieftain, or using a Sab for the Triggerbots for both Vortex and Icestorm (with far less cast speed, as I'd cap out on 5 storms very quickly and would lose DPS otherwise). Not something that would cap out the DPS charts, but something unusual or different. As you can see, though, I can't fully answer whether losing 50% of the damage through conversion can be made up with a combination of Fire and Cold damage passives and the two debuffs. There's so many moving variables here.

EDIT: You mentioned AoF wouldn't allow us to double-dip modifiers. Would that effectively eliminate taking cold damage on the passive tree?

That's what I meant, but now that I think about it, I believe that was wrong. You'd get bonuses from +fire and +cold modifiers. However, I can't see the availability of +fire modifiers making up for the 50% less damage and the loss of the numerous -cold res modifiers we're using.
"
WinterHiko wrote:

That's what I meant, but now that I think about it, I believe that was wrong. You'd get bonuses from +fire and +cold modifiers. However, I can't see the availability of +fire modifiers making up for the 50% less damage and the loss of the numerous -cold res modifiers we're using.

Maybe using a Pyre ring, but it does seem like it's too much being sacrificed for a silly niche. I suppose it's not possible to be effective at the moment.
Can somebody post some juiced mapping footage from 3.21?
livejamie
Sorry if this is a total stupid question, but how do you run 4 auras at the same time? PoE, Disc, Hatred and Clarity are taking more than 100%?
"
Brainzzzzz wrote:
Sorry if this is a total stupid question, but how do you run 4 auras at the same time? PoE, Disc, Hatred and Clarity are taking more than 100%?

hatred is for high end set up, you'll be able to run the 4 auras with sovereignity and enlighten
Last edited by pat_hibulaire on May 14, 2023, 10:55:24 AM
"
Brainzzzzz wrote:

There's no stupid question! Especially with Path of Exile.

Sovereignty cluster from the passive tree gives 28% reservation efficiency, mana reservation mastery 12% and Charisma annoint adds another 16%, for a total of 54% efficiency.

The 135% from PoE+Disc+Hatred becomes 135 X (1/(1.54) = 87.66% reserved. Clarity adds a flat reservation. Since we're int-stacking, we have a naturally healthy mana pool and end up usually at 6-7% unreserved mana.

High-end version swaps Charisma for Enlighten 4 (reservation cost is multiplied by 88%) or Enlighten 3 + helmet enchant.
Last edited by WinterHiko on May 14, 2023, 11:26:52 AM
"
Brainzzzzz wrote:

was already answered but my post has a bit of detail with gems and how i run them here
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3294484/page/214#p24995727
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
Energy Leech Support 20/20, x2

Maybe not x2 ?
(I cannot find any second use in the guide.)

(Hint: simplify the guide. State - Transition - State - Transition - State. A state includes: weapons, body armour, helmet, gloves, boots, belt, amulet, rings, sockets, linkedsockets, colors, gems in sockets (level up gems until what), (available skills, DPS, maximum life, energy, evasion, armour, mana, mana regen, resists), flasks, skill tree. Tarnsition includes: what areas to enter, what to do in them (go straight to the exit, with/without killing, with/without looting, etc.))

guys, i have a quick question :

how important is lvl20 increased duration ?
i've some trouble with strength requirement, i can put it to lvl18 max ATM (loosing 2% for my IC), seems very expensive to fix it, and on POB my effective hit pool doesnt change when i put my increased duration to lvl18

so, no way for me to visualize the impact, if somebody can tell me some about that it would be very kind

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info