🌬️⛵☁️[3.25] The dirty Scorpion-tail|250M|Chaos-Necromancy|Herald of Agony CI-Arachnophobia Allstars

Hi,

I am playing this build for this league and having a blast.
The beginning were pretty rough, I can see how this shouldnt be played as a starter.
Now I got it going to farm T17, but it's kinda inefficient.

I am looking for suggestion to optimize this further:
https://pobb.in/lwYdFTcaVvOp

Got around 200 Div to invest but have no clue how to go about it.
I still die pretty often to T17 Bosses and some Monster, face tanking is just not an option right now. Most of the time I have to make multiple rounds to kill the monster as stopping means death.

Anyone want to help?

Chur
Last edited by Solipsistisch on Aug 17, 2024, 11:56:32 AM
"
Solipsistisch wrote:
Hi,

I am playing this build for this league and having a blast.
The beginning were pretty rough, I can see how this shouldnt be played as a starter.
Now I got it going to farm T17, but it's kinda inefficient.

I am looking for suggestion to optimize this further:
https://pobb.in/lwYdFTcaVvOp

Got around 200 Div to invest but have no clue how to go about it.
I still die pretty often to T17 Bosses and some Monster, face tanking is just not an option right now. Most of the time I have to make multiple rounds to kill the monster as stopping means death.

Anyone want to help?

Chur

Hi Solipsitisch!

Let`s sting! Arachnophilia!

You are almost b.i.s. geared, 56M damage, dot hardcap reached, 550k ehp.

Limit cyclone/tornados/ball lightnings to lvl 1 for a bit less used mana.
You should get ailment avoidances on a circle of nostalgia and ailment-avoidances on boots, then you do not need the stormshroud (or with mageblood get shock avoidances on a flask and use rainbows + different large clusters like voices or high es-boots). You should get 1-2 voices cluster for more jewel slots and use rumi`s for capped spellblock instead the spellblock clusters. Or get 1x large cluster with battle-hardened instead for better armour and resis.
The increased evasion on the basalt-flask suffix could be changed.
You could instead jade/quicksilver switch in a taste of hate for 30% more ele-ehp before using mageblood.
Ashes of the stars with additional curses are low priced traded this league.

With 200 div your real big next upgrade is probably a mageblood, 3-4 permament flasks, with melding of the flesh and adorned instead darkness enthroned. I guess the prices will drop, today it`s 190 div for 3 flasks. It will tripple your elemental ehp, makes 100% spell suppression, high armour and much more easy possible. Then switch instead magebane also to divine shield on the skin of the lords for nice reg.
Check the recommend flasks in "gear" -> belt-section or "flasks" -> "mageblood setup".

Congrats! Awesome gear! All your stats are okay, only armour is a bit low and would be increased with battle hardened.

Or switch out the chaos golem, take instead cwdt lvl1-frost wall, and/or switch sniper´s mark to enfeeble for astonishing qol-tankyness. Alternative also try out in maps asenath`s gentle touch gloves for chain-explosions.

Last edited by Chromino on Aug 18, 2024, 3:36:27 PM
Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Using lvl 1 gems had a noticeable difference, thats of great help.

I was using a Divine Shield SoL before I got the Magebane one and sold it off already :( I thought that less than 100% spell suppress is cringe and also changed out a +8pdr +6block +es/hit Watchers Eye for the spell suppress one. But the other one kinda felt better in a way.

So an other angle I had was using Bubonic Trail and using firesong for ailment immunity. It should be the same, shouldnt it? I mean it will also be immune to chilled ground, etc. ?

With Bubonic Trail you get some corpse removal which is great against the T17 DD mobs but sadly it doesnt work while cycloning. You will also get a new annoit since you get mana reservation from bubonic. So maybe you can go hollow effigy (no corpses needed for offerings) and the go for bone offering for more block and the other ascendancy nodes?
Obviously I would get a Mageblood with it.

What are your thoughts about that?
Thanks for all the questions you have answered in game for me!
I am unsure what I should do from this point as there is a lot less info/explanation about the mageblood setup. I would like to go the adorned route but I need to get a ring of ambition or something to cover the all res i'd be losing from the rare jewels. Some general advice would be very much appreciated!

https://pobb.in/zjZ7_TeEL2mI

Wondering about the flasks, the weapon, and just ways to bump up the dps and ehp in general.

"
Solipsistisch wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Using lvl 1 gems had a noticeable difference, thats of great help.

I was using a Divine Shield SoL before I got the Magebane one and sold it off already :( I thought that less than 100% spell suppress is cringe and also changed out a +8pdr +6block +es/hit Watchers Eye for the spell suppress one. But the other one kinda felt better in a way.

So an other angle I had was using Bubonic Trail and using firesong for ailment immunity. It should be the same, shouldnt it? I mean it will also be immune to chilled ground, etc. ?

With Bubonic Trail you get some corpse removal which is great against the T17 DD mobs but sadly it doesnt work while cycloning. You will also get a new annoit since you get mana reservation from bubonic. So maybe you can go hollow effigy (no corpses needed for offerings) and the go for bone offering for more block and the other ascendancy nodes?
Obviously I would get a Mageblood with it.

What are your thoughts about that?

Yes, 99-100% supression is extreme tanky.
But with mageblood you get the permament quartzflask + additional 8% phasing in the mastery, so you need a lot less slots for suppression and can change out magebane.
Take the "mageblood" item-tab and tree in pob for a look.

Bubonic trails are very, very interesting. I tried to build them in often, but in fullgear rares or rainbows remain stronger.
Firesong do not avoid ground effects like chilling grounds, so it's not optimal in high content. Best is stacking ailment immunities with a ring for a free jewel slot or with a fitting unique medium cluster elegant form, second best is stormshroud.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 19, 2024, 9:57:03 AM
"
Azemotay wrote:
Thanks for all the questions you have answered in game for me!
I am unsure what I should do from this point as there is a lot less info/explanation about the mageblood setup. I would like to go the adorned route but I need to get a ring of ambition or something to cover the all res i'd be losing from the rare jewels. Some general advice would be very much appreciated!

https://pobb.in/zjZ7_TeEL2mI

Wondering about the flasks, the weapon, and just ways to bump up the dps and ehp in general.

Arachnophilia!

You have 156 unreserved mana, so you can regret 3 passives influence.

Then you can get all resis with bandit Alira and with "survivalist" on the tree and you will have overcapped resis again without the rare abyss jewels.

More resis are also possible on the 2 small cluster-transfer-passives sublime form and on the rare large cluster, there are easy 30-45 more resis possible instead not needed int, dex and chaos-resis. Also on tattoos you can buff your resis +25.

Alternative another voices-cluster for one more jewelslot for i.e. a +2 cold-resis cobalt-jewel (tankyness) or for amanamus gaze (damage) is working flexible too.

Or not least you could use a large cluster battle hardened + master the fundamentals instead the large spellblock-cluster.

Then the Adorned will almost double your damage nice in remaining full tankyness.

Congrats for the megamaniac-jewel! Congrats for the watcher's eye too! Awesome gear.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 19, 2024, 5:04:25 AM
So I went for some changes when getting mageblood and my current setup looks like this:

https://pobb.in/tC9m8byihVlo

My damage is noticeably lower and mana feels awful now.
Next step is to get one 3p voices, so I can fit in one more jewel, but it will not solve mana, so cant really get my whitering step out when cycloning, which makes the wither stacking harder.

What am I missing?
Last edited by Solipsistisch on Aug 19, 2024, 9:11:16 AM
"
Solipsistisch wrote:
So I went for some changes when getting mageblood and my current setup looks like this:

https://pobb.in/tC9m8byihVlo

My damage is noticeably lower and mana feels awful now.
Next step is to get one 3p voices, so I can fit in one more jewel, but it will not solve mana, so cant really get my whitering step out when cycloning, which makes the wither stacking harder.

What am I missing?

30M should be enough for t17 and most Ubers. Against U-Maven and U-Sirus and in high juiced content more is always best of course.

You have overcapped spellblock, overcapped spell suppression and overcapped attributes.
They are needed to be shifted into resis and free passives and then into voices clusters for more free jewelslots to use more pure agony and abyss jewels for the adorned (and last the jewel amanamus gaze when poison dot is not capped).

Magebane SoL could be changed out too for other keystones or with spell suppression on a watcher`s eye or megamaniac cluster / elegant form you could regret the 3-6 passives "instinct" / "lethe shade" (which remains very strong against Ubers high aoe-dots).

When you need urgent more free passives regret also "corruption". With abyss-jewels and more medium clusters instead other stats are granted beside.

So best would be to get more resis on the cluster-transfer-suffixes (or also with 1 passive Alira or 2 passives survivalist), then switch the veteran defender cluster to a voices or / and a spellblock-cluster to voices. Perhaps you find a fitting unique megamaniac-cluster with 3 strong notables for manamanagement, spell suppression, +max cold-resis too, there are many b.i.s. ones cheap on the market and you can individualize the filters. Use it only with 3 strong fitting notables, the jewelslot of rare medium clusters is in most set-ups stronger.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Settlers/rr60EY7HQ

You have in the moment 48 mana/sec, a bit more would be better of course. For a further better manamanagement and manasubstain 1 passive clever thief, 3 passives "mind drinker" (recouped mana in the second mana-mastery), a second self-discipline, arcane surge on a ring-implicit or supportgem or damage recouped as mana on an abyss-jewel are the best choices.
Alternative switch the elixier of unbroken circle to sin`s rebirth in maps for withers. You are tanky enough in infinitive ehp already without the elixier. One more variation is to use a rare bismuth flask buffed with mageblood, and then switch the rare granite flask to rumi`s and all resi-problems will be solved. But you have capacities of 55 more resis on clustertransfers and 45 with alira and 36 with survivalist before.

Stormshroud is good for tankyness, but blocks a valuable jewelslot. Ailment avoidances can be capped alternative better on boots, rings, shield mastery, elegant form, abyss jewels easy.

For clearspeed in maps also Asenath's gentle touchs are extreme interesting. Vixens instead are strongest against singletargets.

The pob of the build is in the end always the optimal set-up as far as I know. I do not know a better not too hard or expensive to get.
Getting more pure agony, jewels and poison is almost always the best with HoA, and above 90-100 virulences, 25-30M damage or when dot is hardcapped you can relaxed balance into tankyness whenever you want.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 20, 2024, 6:54:00 AM
First time Hoag user question: agony crawler seems to not use the tail spike often. I am only leveling now, to be clear but waiting for the skill is annoying. I try to follow PoB by using Poisonous Concoction, however since it's an attack my hit chance sucks. (no accuracy on the build)
Right now it seems going 6L Storm Brand is easier to level with and I was wondering when Hoag starts to shine.

Thanks for feedback.

PS: I realize virulence stacks make a big difference. However, is tail spike limited by attack speed only or also some kind of cooldown? If it's the latter, it would be annoying. If it's just AS, it should become much more frequent, right?
Last edited by Jasmira on Aug 20, 2024, 6:12:42 AM
Thanks for your help, Chromino!

With those suggestion I got it back to feeling smooth again. Got 2 voices one 3p one 5p, respected from the instinct and lethe shade nodes and also the corruption nodes.
Put in 2 more Pure Agony for it and an other magic jewel for the adorned.

Mana feels a bit better now with Arcane Surge, also tried playing with double self-control + arcane surge, that was awesome but went to change it for veteran defender for more tankyness.

T17 Bosses are my bitch now :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info