🌬️⛵☁️[3.25] The dirty Scorpion-tail|250M|Chaos-Necromancy|Herald of Agony CI-Arachnophobia Allstars

"
Solipsistisch wrote:
Just wanted to share my next iteration. This one feels really strong. I fixed mana now with a magic mana regen ghastly and arcane surge. IMO keeping the mana high enough to consistently cast molten shell and withering step increases my survivability and damage more than any other alternatives. Also makes playing it a lot more fun.
Also adding corpse explosions with asenaths was a good call. With the Despair on Hit implicit I now have some gem slots open, chaosgolem was kinda meh and didnt find any good alternatives for now.

Keep in mind with this setup I mostly run fully juiced 8 Mod T16 and juicy T17.

https://pobb.in/wYTBR2ubItuu

Since dropping Lethe Shade I noticed that degens got a loooooot scarier and I feel like this build lacks severely in regen/recovery when there are no packs of mobs around you. Played around with some es regen but was underwhelmed by it and went for more flat es.

Also still not feeling immortal and playing cocky will result in death. Some combination of map mods just clap me lol

For bossing I would recommend to change to vixens entrapment with curse on hit implicit and change the awakened fork for awakened vicious proj.

yes, always run into the next mob when there is too much dot. Aegis and watcher's eye es on hit will heal you fast bathing in them.

You could switch plaguebringer to bone barrier + ghost reaver for minionleech against dot or in maps use soul ripper to spam vaal discipline. But with melding of the flesh ordinary only ubers and phys-dot are still a bit dangerous. Divine shield would be great instead magebane on the skins. Additional curses on ashes are not too expensive, so you would have enough passives for instinct + lethe shade again.

Or visit the spoiler "recovery" in "checklist stats / checklist defences" to stack some other sources of recovery.

Mhmmm, 1.4M ehp, 17k/79k max hit, 88% resis, ailment and bleed immune, seems pretty good. Pantheons are maxed? Burning ground is lethal as CI.
Then only roll a bit more tanky the mods as a defensive layer.
In 8-mods and t-17 are sometimes heavy multiplications of damage.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 23, 2024, 5:10:35 AM
Some mod combos are indeed absurdly lethal. I was running Beyond+Harbinger for more XP density (still leveling) and this kind of mob density can overwhelm any defense. I have now added manual cast frost shield into the mix. Mana is the real bottleneck on the build, though. The virulence generators alone drain you quickly, plus automated spells and manual casts.
Any ideas how to get mana, ideally passively? (mana on attack hit isn't too feasible because horrible hit chance)

I really love the flexibility, though. The build is unique-bricked on most gear slots (well, unless you are very rich) but the passive and skill gem options make it shine.
"
Jasmira wrote:
Some mod combos are indeed absurdly lethal. I was running Beyond+Harbinger for more XP density (still leveling) and this kind of mob density can overwhelm any defense. I have now added manual cast frost shield into the mix. Mana is the real bottleneck on the build, though. The virulence generators alone drain you quickly, plus automated spells and manual casts.
Any ideas how to get mana, ideally passively? (mana on attack hit isn't too feasible because horrible hit chance)

I really love the flexibility, though. The build is unique-bricked on most gear slots (well, unless you are very rich) but the passive and skill gem options make it shine.

Stack more mana-reg on the ghastly jewels, then 60-70 mana / sec are easy reached. Before pause/interrupt 0.5 secs, and all skills can be triggered.

Or in the "mana-master" in "checklist stats" are more tipps for better mana-management like a second mana-mastery, mana on hit, clarity, etc.

Yes, a few t-17 mods and too bad multiplying mod combinations remain dangerous of course. The uncomfortable mods are in "checklists defences", especially reduced armour and block/overwhelming phys dr I simply skip because they too fast multiply with more multiplier and reduce both phys-dr and recovery in damagepeaks and I dislike to map too careful.
Balancing more into tankyness is also of course instead easy possible, 25-30M dps are more than enough.

Thank you a lot Jasmira.

I love it too to try all the variations and new skills. With all these defensive layers and HoA comparable to a damage-trigger the setup is extreme flexible.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 26, 2024, 3:19:08 PM
Hey! Which one do you recommend this league? Necro or Trickster? I do have mageblood and i can spend probably 300-400d, i do have 2x voices 3p too! Which one of those do you think is better suited? I wanna tank a lot and also be able to easily do t17
Last edited by Walrus04 on Aug 27, 2024, 1:38:45 AM
"
Walrus04 wrote:
Hey! Which one do you recommend this league? Necro or Trickster? I do have mageblood and i can spend probably 300-400d, i do have 2x voices 3p too! Which one of those do you think is better suited? I wanna tank a lot and also be able to easily do t17

Hey again Walrus! Arachnophilia!

The most tanky ascendancy is Trickster. His defensive layers against dot and his es-recharge are not matched by other ascendancies. And for t-17 30M damage are more than enough.

All ups and downs are ranked in the spoiler "Which ascendancy?".

For 400d use the adorned with blue corrupted magic jewels, mageblood, and melding of the flesh.
Exchange a bit dps against lethe shade when you reached 95% ignite immunities as trickster, use the "lethe shade" tree.
Hi, just wanted to say thanks for the great and detailed guide, I'm almost level 100 and this build is probably my top 5 most favorite i've ever played.

I was noticing in PoB that adding virulence stacks over 100 doesn't affect the dps calc for HoA, I assume this is a bug but wanted to ask
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Walrus04 wrote:

The most tanky ascendancy is Trickster. His defensive layers against dot and his es-recharge are not matched by other ascendancies. And for t-17 30M damage are more than enough.

For 400d use the adorned with blue corrupted magic jewels, mageblood, and melding of the flesh.
Exchange a bit dps against lethe shade when you reached 95% ignite immunities as trickster, use the "lethe shade" tree.

Alright, i will go with trickster and lethe shade then :)
Is he good for farming ubers too?

edit: i went to the trickster post, but i cant find the lethe shade tree using adorned, it uses Amanamu's. Do you have one with the setup you suggested?
Last edited by Walrus04 on Aug 27, 2024, 9:37:53 AM
Very late league start, I got ~170c, is this enough to start this build? I'm not talking about doing the good damage and good defenses, but I really liked the idea and wanted to play it this league, right now I'm playing Power Siphon with some Gold and some stuff that I might sell but my budget is literally 1 divine orb and some Chaos Orbs.

I read the forum post, but I'm a noob and need some slight guidance on what should I purchase or invest in, currently I have the Skin of the Lords with Leathe Shade and the Agony Crawler Ring, both dropped! I don't have anything else from the build, I do have some random jewels for minion damage but really, only the Skin of the Lords and the Ring.
"
NEBULOU5 wrote:
Very late league start, I got ~170c, is this enough to start this build? I'm not talking about doing the good damage and good defenses, but I really liked the idea and wanted to play it this league, right now I'm playing Power Siphon with some Gold and some stuff that I might sell but my budget is literally 1 divine orb and some Chaos Orbs.

I read the forum post, but I'm a noob and need some slight guidance on what should I purchase or invest in, currently I have the Skin of the Lords with Leathe Shade and the Agony Crawler Ring, both dropped! I don't have anything else from the build, I do have some random jewels for minion damage but really, only the Skin of the Lords and the Ring.

Should be enough - get a aegis aurora 20 c. Use lethe shade only with 95-100% ailment-avoidances, or use better a skin of loyals 15c.
Then the rings, cheap small and medium clusters, cheap rainbow boots. For medium juiced red t16 it will be great.

Take a look into "tl;dr", there the key-items are ranked. In the last spoiler of the build you find optimized tradefilters.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 27, 2024, 6:05:36 PM
"
Walrus04 wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Walrus04 wrote:

Alright, i will go with trickster and lethe shade then :)
Is he good for farming ubers too?

edit: i went to the trickster post, but i cant find the lethe shade tree using adorned, it uses Amanamu's. Do you have one with the setup you suggested?

Aaah, in the Trickster pob it`s still missing.

In the default Necro-pob you can see the Adorned set-up. It`s almost the same as default, sometimes need one jewel slot more, simply gained by balancing manamanagement on the for the Adorned mandatory needed 80% mana-multiplier helmet or simply with 35% increased effects of the small passives on the small clusters.

I add a Trickster-Adorned-pob soon.

Yes, above 20-30M it`s ready for the Ubers. With 30M you can skip some phases.
For U-Sirus and U-Maven more damage is always best of course.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 30, 2024, 3:44:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info