🌬️⛵☁️[3.25] The dirty Scorpion-tail|250M|Chaos-Necromancy|Herald of Agony CI-Arachnophobia Allstars

"
Spacecom wrote:
...zip

Since a long time prices in standard are 5-100x times higher as in leagues. Around a new league arriving you get standard-gear often cheaper.

About attr, resis: visit the spoilers "attributes", "resistances" in "checklists stats". Of course you need 1-3 passives for them until you are fullgeared. They are so easy to stack and fix, and the best recommendations are listed right there....

Take Alira / veteran defender / practical applicaton instead purity of elements, get 100% spell suppression, get corrupted blood immunity or you will die in some maps often fast, etc ...

About damage: of course, do not use enlighten in the HoA-supports, you miss a lot damage. And use easy sin`s rebirth for more withers and a second curse. You are now at not optimal 19M instead default 65M of the build.

About virulences: yes, you do sthg wrong (your chance to poison is 40% instead 80-100%, so you reach only 1 out of 4 guided Hoa-virulences because of golden rule. You get more easy with tattoos, curse mastery etc., and you do not use good skills).
Read the composition of agony, the generating of HoA-virulences is explained there step by step.

About ai use convocation and read faq. Use the build`s tempestshield for qol and autotriggered damage.

Take your time to read the build.

Last edited by Chromino on Aug 2, 2024, 6:21:50 AM
I dont think u are doing something wrong. Yes u have to attack to poison the enemy (and yourself with The golden rule) to gain virulences. It is indeed a strange damage mechanic, and works mostly on a single enemy (like a boss). This build can achieve massive single target dmg but lacks in closed spaces where u have to convo your scorpion to you.

The map clear is questionable as well, u can swap Returning projectiles for bossing and something with more projectiles for mapping.

HoA has very big single target dmg potential but its not a regular lazy minion build, nor is it something that can clear an entire map in seconds.
Last edited by Romanides on Aug 2, 2024, 1:56:58 AM
No, in reverse, in maps full HoA-virulences are no problem with multiple targets granting multiplied virulences. Singletarget you need to follow the build and the guided poison-lineup.

A skill with huge aoe, like HoA, deals of course more effective dps in open designed maps and not in small cringled dungeons. That is no surprise.

Dunes, jungle valley, all open maps and content are cleared topspeed. Full geared you can take in a second ret-proj/aw-fork/pierce/profane bloom support.

The crawler oneshots 2 screens at once in line of sight.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 2, 2024, 7:32:32 AM
The crawler oneshots 2 screens at once in line of sight.

How so? With returning projectiles it fires only 1 projectile at a time...
How come HoA has huge aoe?
HoA base is 5 proj, aw fork x7
HoA aoe is around 2 screens.
HoA ats is 4-5/sec.
Result is 50-250M dps, with default 35 projectiles.

Above easy reachable 25M simple switch in further aw chain, gmp, returning projectiles, pierce, profane bloom etc. when wanted (105-315 proj with chain explosions) when you focus on speedmapping and high density ...
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 2, 2024, 4:17:54 AM
The combination

of a high ar/ev armour and the new ward-belt ynda`s stand carry in tanky 100% more ehp automatical recovered each 2 seconds for cheap 2 chaos + 4 orb of alchemy in lower levels before getting a skin of the lords / loyals.

I added the tanky cheap set-up, fitting into the build's stacking of all global layers, in the levelling-section (-> CI recovery) and will add it in the levelling-items-pob soon too.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 2, 2024, 4:14:20 AM
How to increase my chance to poison. I read the guide but it says 20 from spellslinger and 20% from fatal toxins. Those passive dont give chance to poison. I have to use tatoos? Also the master Wispers of Doom, which I do not have, because I dont have enough points to allocate it, (have to take strenght node and cluster small passives for str too) how does it affect my chance to poison? How do curses play a role in generating Virulences, that is why I dont understand and I cannot fix it.
I have to hit enemies with some kind of chaos damage in order to have a chance of poisoning them, right? How do a curse (lets say temporal chains from my gloves or another curse ) add to that?
If I link cyclone with chance to poison will that work for now ?
If I drop Purity of Elements my resistances are around 25% each. I need like 75% more for each to be around 100% so I am safe in maps that have curses or -15% elemental resistances. How am I supposed to do that just with jewels. As I said I need perfect rolls. I already have a veteran defend node, even if I make another 2 still wont be enough, and that is not how is done on the guide.
It is not the min-maxing that bothers me or it is the case here, but if you dont have exactly 10 str and 10% resist in all jewels, it doesnt work, it just doesnt add up to make the build functional, and that is not min-maxing. It is not that I am trying to squeeze more damage or survivability here, I am trying to make it work and it doesnt.
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
Last edited by Spacecom on Aug 2, 2024, 8:59:36 AM

...of course they give chance to poison, simply check pob or your charcter-sheet...

"
Spacecom wrote:
I read the guide but it says 20 from spellslinger and 20% from fatal toxins...

The guide says get minimum 80% chance to poison and then there are possibilities guided and ranked for easy 160% ...

"
Spacecom wrote:
If I link cyclone with chance to poison will that work for now ?

Like written in the guide: in lower levels yes, in your level with much virulences no, because you need the recommended set-up or balance skills and poisonchances different.

There is 1x chance to poison for yourself and your own skills like tornados, ball lightnings etc.. You need this to generate HoA-virulences.

Then there is 1x chance to poison for "minions". You need that for more HoA-damage.

Poe uses "tags" in the wordings and skills.

You do not have enough passives because you built in purity of elements. So you need more mana, more passives for mana, and cannot use tempestshield and passives for damage etc.

The curse mastery grants both - good damage and 20% more chance to poison.
You can vary of course without until you get good triggered curses. I recommended it because you do not use necros b.i.s. viens and loose at that slot also much damage....

Resis are much more easy to get as mana. You still miss resis on too much spots. In your case get them easy on practical application, alira, when more are needed on rare gloves or a stygian vise until you get them on clustertransfers etc. In the moment you loose jewel-slots, passives and qol in your own unoptimized set-up.

When you follow a bit closer the guide you will detect the differences.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 3, 2024, 3:18:00 AM
My character is level 100, some of my items are legacy since I play long time in standard. I poured in around 200div (propably more). When I try to fix something (I am not talking about min-maxing, just functionality) two or three other things fail. Seems very overstretched to accomplish too many things. Poison chance for character, poison chance for minion, attributes, resistances and chance to poison all three tagged just to jewels hmmmm. The tankiness is not bad but far away from what I am used too. (Unearth build with 90% all, chaos immune , ailment immune, block maxed out both for attacks and spells, estimated health pull for elemnts 1,5Millions and for physical 800k. without mageblood, headhunter for fun, and on top of that incadence heart, it had almost 0 dps though but enough for all maps all conditions and not uber bosses). With that character I joined a map that had curses and -15% elemental resists pumped up from atlas tree and my resistance from 90%(145%) dropped down to 80%(80%). You join that map with this one and you are really pushing your faith on the resists it gets from jewels. I guess its possible somehow. But it starts to seem ,for me right I am talking about me, huge currency sink. And I cant stress that I am not at the point of min-maxing I cant even get the functionality.
Furthermore this build is actually melee. You face tank everything and it is not the tankiest outthere. You have to move to the enemy cycloning or whatever, wait for curses and poions to build, crawler appears somewhere, starts to stack damage, buffs and still the damage might not be delivered if blocked by the map conifguration. You are inside the fire while crawler is half screen away roaming around, too much time between first interaction woth enemy and damage delivered, and it is not 100% that is going to be delivered and defently not how you hope for.
All for all this is defently a build not made for me. I will try it out some more since I poured so much time, crafting and curency in it though.
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
Last edited by Spacecom on Aug 2, 2024, 9:55:12 AM
"
Spacecom wrote:
zip...

As I wrote in last post, you compare standard to leagues.
Your standard currency is around 90% less needed currency in leagues ...
Standard prices are raising crazy since the inflation in the last leagues.

About your set-up:
You have 200k ehp instead default guided 600k, you still do not have a watcher`s eye for recovery ...

You deal only low 25% of guided ingame mandatory HoA-virulences...
You deal only low 20-30% of the guided dps...
... and ingame probably 50% less like you posted less because you simply do not max HoA virulences.
With your current flask-setup you have only 50% effective withers, that`s another 40% less ingame dps.
Sorry, when you don`t use these optimized auras and no tattoos of course you do only get your own 5-15M damage.
Poe is in these optimizations rewarding. Like I wrote in the faq, each step of "the composition of damage" thumbed doubles HoA-dps - and you miss 4 of these steps by 50% and more when I counted correct.

There are 10 skills shown like storm burst when you dislike cyclone.
The tornados ball lightnings are used ranged, simply channel them 1-3x and then move in freedom in range ...

That`s because of our own choosen set-up, not because of the build. The build is many choices quite different ...
Even when you use 5 passives for resis you reach easy 50M, Pob and ingame char-sheet do not lie. You can run juiced t-17 on a 4 link with this build when you do it correct.

And sorry no, to understand that "minion"-skills needs other tags like "spell" or "attack" skills is to be honest and for sure not that much complex.
It`s a typical misunderstanding when you start poe (I myself needed to read it too as I followed first time a minion-build). Some links for these basic beginning poe-tipps you find in the "faq".

Sorry, I now stop this micromanagement here. All central tipps I wrote already 3 times for you above. You will deal ingame 800% more damage, will have 200% additional tankyness, 200% more recovery and will die 90% less of dot/aoe when you use them. Start with the es on hit and poisontattoos or balance 3 passives and get watcher's eye.

Please simply read again the posts above and read the guide of course again too.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 3, 2024, 4:12:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info