🌬️⛵☁️[3.25] The dirty Scorpion-tail|200M|Arachnophilia Allstars|Chaos-Necromancy|Herald of Agony CI

I'm interested in playing this build in 3.25. Played a guardian (arakaali's spiders) build to lvl100 which was my first and only so I'm down to playing a tanky build again. Last league I played the inquis ivory tower CoC int/str stacking build and that is also very nice. Brought it to 99 and was done with the league goals so not motivated to push to 100.

Beware now though, now that I have posted here I bet the build will be nerfed in today's announcements :):

I've been reading a bit and there is a LOT of information. The thing that I am a bit worried about is the levelling part and gathering currency to get going. For the ivory tower build I just started as EA totemer until I had enough currency to buy the gear needed to switch to the CoC build. I don't like poisonous concoction so looking for a different smooth build to take me into yellow maps. Is it also an option to use a summoner starter build and switch to this later on?
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
So I've been playing with the POB and given the aura nerfs we're looking on a 25% less ehp on the 250m dps build.

The solution they've intended for this would be to build the new bases, but we're running pretty much uniques only.

Is the build done for? 400k ehp is still a lot, but can't we compensate for it somehow?
"
Giuliorem wrote:
So I've been playing with the POB and given the aura nerfs we're looking on a 25% less ehp on the 250m dps build.

The solution they've intended for this would be to build the new bases, but we're running pretty much uniques only.

Is the build done for? 400k ehp is still a lot, but can't we compensate for it somehow?

The build is extreme flexible and much less affected as other builds by the determination nerf. Lost armour can be regained easy again i.e. with rare boots or rare helmet. Don't forget the build stacked unique 0.5M up to 2M ehp easy and use much more defensive layers as average builds.

Of course with all the new possibilties improvements will be build in.

In [3.25] spell block, ward, enduring charges, cyclone, banners, clusters, rares are buffed big and are used in the build.

Take a look into the spoiler "3.25 news" at the top of the build and here a outlook for the 3.25 changes will follow soon....
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 19, 2024, 9:01:44 AM
Arachnophilia!

HoAg and minions remain unchanged.
Tattoos are not removed.
The Adorned is not much nerfed in our mageblood-set-up. 10% less HoA poisonchances are okay, or fullgeared instead simply rare ghastly jewels are enough for the 35.7M dot hardcap.

Instead the nerfed armour of determination we invest a bit more into the big buffed ward (ward-flask doubled by skin of the lords). Lost armour will be regained again i.e. with rare boots (es-ar-ev) or rare +2 helmet (es-ar). Perhaps the new rare bodyarmours will become interesting.

Ultimatum got loot!
Simulacrums got buffed big, good clusters and voices will probably be more available.

So much new possibilities!

Buffed rares, buffed ward, as well as the new double amulet-anointments looks awesome. Dual-wielding got buffed in many ways and is possible too.

HoA-Scions, Glads and Wardens have some new interesting defensive possibilties.

With the new taste of hate and some +max/cold-resis we will have 15% more elemental ehp before we use the melding of the flesh or we switch to tides of time or the new unique ward belt could be squeezed in.

Balancing a few passives into enfeeble as third curse, into mana for frostshield or into buffed enduring charges (Enduring composure on a cluster / Enduring cry + Zealot's Oath) is easy done.

The easy useable kalguur-crafting-bench is hot and also the recombination-craftings will drop new b.i.s.-pieces or will even make skin of the lords replaceable ...

The buffs

With cyclone the new valour and banners and the buffed infused channelling will add 15-20% ehp. Ball-lightning of static will be triggered in different ways (cwdt, arcanist brand, new kalguur-crafts or second cwc).
The new Retaliations with debilitations add another nice flat 10% dr / ehp.
Tempestshield shield could be switched to blood and sand (as necro with mistress of sacrifice or with the buffed arcane sanctuary, the buffed spellblock-clusters etc.) for awesome 25% more flat ehp.

Alternative Necro, Trickster and Pathfinder no longer need to travel the old long western path to the Arcane guarding and use new buffed Arcane sanctuary instead to gain 3-5 flexible passives.

The levelling skill poisonous concoction is buffed nice.

With the huge buffed ward, which is doubled by skin of the lords, we solely get each 2 seconds another 10% + buffed enduring charges before mageblood and 20% more ehp with mageblood.

So in total we gain awesome tanky 20-30% flat additional dr / ehp in [3.25].

I will need some days and the updated pob-simulations for all the maths and improvements.
I wish best energy to the pob-team!

Looks like a great league for HoA again!
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 20, 2024, 1:30:09 AM
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Giuliorem wrote:

The build is extreme flexible and much less affected as other builds by the determination nerf. Don"t forget the build stacked unique 0.5M up to 2M ehp easy and use much more defensive layers as average builds.

In [3.25] spell block, ward, enduring charges, cyclone, banners, clusters, rares are buffed big and are used in the build.

Take a look into the spoiler "3.25 news" at the top of the build and here a outlook for the 3.25 changes will follow soon....

Maybe I'm blind but
1) how do the cyclone changes matter for us? We don't use it for damage but to proc our other skills
2) we do use 2 (two) rares, maybe we switch to a es/armor base on the circlet and that will help a tiny bit but idk
I guess we'll see.
"
Giuliorem wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Giuliorem wrote:

The build is extreme flexible and much less affected as other builds by the determination nerf. Don"t forget the build stacked unique 0.5M up to 2M ehp easy and use much more defensive layers as average builds.

Maybe I'm blind but
1) how do the cyclone changes matter for us? We don't use it for damage but to proc our other skills
2) we do use 2 (two) rares, maybe we switch to a es/armor base on the circlet and that will help a tiny bit but idk
I guess we'll see.

1) with cyclone new valour, new banners and the buffed infused channelling will add 15-20% ehp

2) rare helmet was already used in some b.i.s.-setups, boots can be changed, as witch the gloves are also flexible.
Adding bone barrier is almost enough to replace aegis aurora when needed.
Skin of the Lords is a keypiece, but with the new kalguur-benchcrafts it can be probably replaced easy too....

Tempestshield shield could be switched to the new blood and sand (with mistress of sacrifice or the buffed arcane sanctuary, buffed clusters, etc.).

With the huge buffed ward, which is doubled by skin of the lords, we solely get another 10% + buffed enduring charges before mageblood / 20% ehp each 2 seconds with mageblood.
The retaliations with debilitations can add another nice flat 10% dr/ehp.

So we gain awesome tanky 20-30% additional ehp easy...

When wanted we could exchange 20% damage against flat total 50% dr against hits in [3.25] !

Awesome!
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 20, 2024, 1:30:48 AM
Hey!

Awesome looking build.

I see you make this for almost all characters, Which would you recommend to play for the upcoming 3.25 league as starter?

"
MalicedShiro wrote:
Hey!

Awesome looking build.

I see you make this for almost all characters, Which would you recommend to play for the upcoming 3.25 league as starter?

Thank you MalicedShiro!

Trickster is most relaxing for tankyness and cheap CI-transformation without needed unique aegis aurora or watcher"s eye.

The Necro is best when you have a bit poe-experience to farm a mageblood in lategame for tankyness and when you focus on damage for the fast ubers-farming.

All up and downs are guided in the spoiler "which ascendancy?" in the build-infos and next to the faq's.
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 26, 2024, 12:24:25 AM
why do you use Tornado of Elemental Turbulence?
"
TwogkYmuran wrote:
why do you use Tornado of Elemental Turbulence?

I haven't played this build yet but I believe it is to stack poisons and therefore virulences.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info