🌬️⛵☁️[3.25] The dirty Scorpion-tail|250M|Chaos-Necromancy|Herald of Agony CI-Arachnophobia Allstars

"
Chromino wrote:
"
Spacecom wrote:
zip...

As I wrote in last post, you compare standard to leagues.
Your standard currency is around 90% less needed currency in leagues ...
Standard prices are raising crazy since the inflation in the last leagues.

About your set-up:
You have 200k ehp instead default guided 600k, you still do not have a watcher`s eye for recovery ...

You deal only low 25% of guided ingame mandatory HoA-virulences...
You deal only low 20-30% of the guided dps...
... and ingame probably 50% less like you posted less because you simply do not max HoA virulences.
With your current flask-setup you have only 50% effective withers, that`s another 40% less ingame dps.
Sorry, when you don`t use these optimized auras and no tattoos of course you do only get your own 5-15M damage.
Poe is in these optimizations rewarding. Like I wrote in the faq, each step of "the composition of damage" thumbed doubles HoA-dps - and you miss 4 of these steps by 50% and more when I counted correct.

There are 10 skills shown like storm burst when you dislike cyclone.
The tornados ball lightnings are used ranged, simply channel them 1-3x and then move in freedom in range ...

That`s because of our own choosen set-up, not because of the build. The build is many choices quite different ...
Even when you use 5 passives for resis you reach easy 50M, Pob and ingame char-sheet do not lie. You can run juiced t-17 on a 4 link with this build when you do it correct.

And sorry no, to understand that "minion"-skills needs other tags like "spell" or "attack" skills is to be honest and for sure not that much complex.
It`s a typical misunderstanding when you start poe (I myself needed to read it too as I followed first time a minion-build). Some links for these basic beginning poe-tipps you find in the "faq".

Sorry, I now stop this micromanagement here. All central tipps I wrote already 3 times for you above. You will deal ingame 800% more damage, will have 200% additional tankyness, 200% more recovery and will die 90% less of dot/aoe when you use them. Start with the es on hit and poisontattoos or balance 3 passives and get watcher's eye.

Please simply read again the posts above and read the guide of course again too.

I am having fun with the build, but I cannot figure out why Vixen's Entrapment do not cast both temporal and despair. Please help... and also if You could check my build. For the next step I opt for +2 pure agony clusters because I start lacking boss dps. In the meantime I am trying find a way to get ailment immunity. Anything I am missing with my limited budget?

Edit: about Vixen's. I might be out of mana. This need some attention I see. Any easy tips to fix my mana problems?
Last edited by Mynio on Aug 3, 2024, 10:28:18 AM
Tempest Shield gem when active I think it gives lightning immunity.
For fire and freeze you can either get them from flasks uniques or magic or you can fabricate something with minor or major gods, it is the "Y" key on your keyboard, it opens up the gods menu.
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
I fixed my build a bit now I have 82 virulnces up consitently, fixed the resists
to 75(105)/80(100)/78(103) and started playing in T15 maps with medium hardness rolls. So now I have more solid results about the build.

Any build , not just this, that says tanky because it has 100%(or whatever) spell supression with 75% capped resistances, it is just faith defence, clickbait. You are not tanky. You just die. Now if you have mageblood and you put inside the 3 elemental flasks boosted, your resists will cap minimum at 84%, cold higher, and that is somehow tanky with spell supression.

You cant have fun with headhunter. Even if you could equip it without breaking the build, it wont give you that extra lulz sadly, because the chracter doesnt benefit, it only triggers the mechanics of the build.

Lets say the 300million damage is true (I highly doubt it though). But lets say crawler does 300 millions. It is still not 300M DPS. Crawler does NOT do 300 million per seconds. It just does 300 million some times. Let me explain. Most of the times, if not almost all, you will find yourself cycloning on the middle of a group of monsters for like 3 to 6 seconds without anything happening, crawler will be too far, or too blocked, or too AI dumb, or lurked into something else by some other mechanic of the game. So if you have to wait 3to 6 seconds for the crawler to deliver the 300 M damage it is defently not 300M DPS.
Divide that 300M by the time it starts to actually hit the monsters you are already cycloning and you have the real DPS. You cant avoid that even with convocation because crawler will appear in the center of the mob and it would have to clean infront and then behind, and in other directions. Crawler doesnt have area damage or overlapping damage so it just gets overwhelmed.

Now back to tankiness. Have in mind that the defences on paper and the defences inside a map are two totaly different things. If you join a map with curses (and this build doesnt have room for -50% effect of curses potion), you lose 15% resistances minimum (if they arent pumped by the atlas tree). Also other mechanics on the game like pillars from those ichor and eldrich things when you click them, you lose defends, you get even more crippled. The think is that this build is capped exactly at the limit, so anything you click takes you down. I mean if any mechanic takes away your supression, you are done , there is no other layer behind it to keep you alive. If it takes your block, the same. If it limits your auras, or your armour somehow, you die, you don't have somethings extra like endurance charges to mitigited a bit.

The build's play style is slow. I was used to play maps with delirium mirror. The one you have to play fast till the end , till the boss before the fog disappears. The build I was playing was some phantasmal unearht thing that was truly immortal, but had like 0 DPS. Anyway the dps it had was enough and fast delivered enough to accomplish t16 deliriur mirrors with any mods like 130%-140% quantity maps with like 80%density pack size. This build cant do it, how it works , not possible. I was farming 70 to 110 simulacrum splinters per map, this can farm tops 30... cant even clear half the map fast enough and the differnce of DPS between the two builds is huge. I was expacting this build to be able to do it even more smoothly but sadly how crawler mechanics work it is just not possible.
Yeah I know it is hard to listen, but I am not trying to bash the build, it is how things are, even in the videos of the guy who made the build are apparent.It is the mechanics, the workings of the build. You cant alter them. You cant give area explosions to the crawler sadly or something. It is like two people are in group, one is aura bot and the other some guy with a bow. If the aurabot goes ahead and meets a group of monsters, nothing will be happening, he will just take damage untill the bow guy comes to kill the monsters.
Last edited by Spacecom on Aug 4, 2024, 12:02:41 AM
"
Spacecom wrote:
zip...

Congrats Spacecom! You are now at 23.5M damage (1/3 of the default build) and very good 2.2M ehp.

Because you generate not much withers you will probably have effective ingame only around effective low 13M damage, that is 1/5 of this build`s 65M (up to 255M). (Simply get a Sin`s Rebirth, that`s 5 chaos in settlers)

Please read again the guide and posts for your upgrades!
You miss skills (damageuptime), implicits (qol), flasks (damage, ehp, qol), spell suppression, stun immunities, for recovery almost mandatory watcher`s eye, you use as CI a dark seer with life instead energyshield, etc.......
And please don`t use lethe shade with your low 15% freeze-immunities of course, i.e. that will freeze you often 4 seconds, lol. ;-)

And to be honest and diplomatic at once, check also your rl-forum-stats. When you reached only less than low 1/5 of the build, low 1/25 of the b.i.s.-gear, and miss so many important keymechanics, probably better read, don`t jaw and better improve instead.

Last edited by Chromino on Aug 4, 2024, 9:51:19 AM
"
Mynio wrote:

I am having fun with the build, but I cannot figure out why Vixen's Entrapment do not cast both temporal and despair. Please help... and also if You could check my build. For the next step I opt for +2 pure agony clusters because I start lacking boss dps. In the meantime I am trying find a way to get ailment immunity. Anything I am missing with my limited budget?

Edit: about Vixen's. I might be out of mana. This need some attention I see. Any easy tips to fix my mana problems?

Thank you Minio!

Vixen's trigger only when you selfcast curses and have enough mana.

I personally prefer and recommend 2 autotriggered curses (gloves implicit and cws) for qol in maps or curses prepared with arcanist brand against endgame-bosses.

Selfcasting despair is with balance of terror very valuable too in high content.
But because the sockets are needed in this build (and almost all minion-builds), the temporal chains triggered by gloves-implicit is b.i.s.

You are now at 400k ehp. Check the checklist defences step by step. Often burning ground kills when you did not maxed the pantheon, reduced block as map-mod is dangerous in high content, etc. A tanky keystone like divine shield on sol would help a bit later too.

Your get circles of nostalgia with better implicits (ailment avoidances etc.) very cheap. With a second small cluster and sublime form, 3 passives of the other small cluster and 7 dex on clustertransfers you could regret "practical application", "sovereignity" and "presage" for finally 4 gained free passives.
Switch the shield-mastery to ailment-avoidances. It helps a lot.

You have much overcapped spellblock. Switch out a large spellblock-cluster for a cheap voices-cluster or veteran defender-large-cluster or get already rare boots for 100% elemental ailment-avoidances and reaching 100% spell suppression.

Your most tanky upgrade would be a watcher`s eye with the discipline mod es on hit. This will increase your recovery and tankyness 100%.
The dark seer (+2 es, + mana) will increase your tanky ness another 40%.

A small cluster elegant form or spell suppression on other spots would be great too. You get spell suppression also often on unique medium clusters combinated with pure agony (useable with the large voices-cluster) or visit the "balancing & managing" --> "spell suppression" for other spots.

This circle was offered 45 chaos. Bad rolls, but good starter.

This nice ring was welcomed for 100 chaos.

Sorry, and I just sniped this for really cheap 10 chaos hehe, yuchuu.
But there are still many more in trade.

Last edited by Chromino on Aug 4, 2024, 11:24:32 AM
How do I fix the damage? the potion Sin's Rebirth, how does it help?
I am freeze immune from pantheon.(same pantheon fixes stuns, which btw where else you get them in the tree or gear? I dont see it in the pob, I have exactly the same items and tree).
What is the keystones I am missing?I have exactly the same tree as in pob.
I just wanna buy some tattoo for poison chance but right now they are 5 divinations each in standard, and nobody I wispered answers.
Also some gems that I am missing like that ball of orbiting or something, it is 17 divinations on standard. The Awakened cast while channeling support is 5 to 7 divinations in standard, I might get that and the tattoos. I f you tell me that the build doesnt work without them then, it just does't work, what we can do?
Got these 2, but I can't wear them untill I fix my attributes.
I bought 2 tattoos for 10% more chance to posion but virulences are still capped at 82 as previously. What is happening?
I figured it out. Somehow the basic mechanics are not explained.
Herald of Agony gem gives 40 virulence, each point of quality in the gem give 0.25 virulence more. So if you have it at 20% quality and the amulet gives another30% quality, that means the gem has 50% quality so 50%*0.25=12.5 ~12 more virulences. So the gem now gives a base of 40+12=52 virulences. Each cluster with the passive pure agony gives another 5. So if you have 6 clusters you top at 82 virulences. To increase the cap you have to add more cluster jewels with the passive "Pure Agony".
Last edited by Spacecom on Aug 4, 2024, 9:35:32 PM
"
Spacecom wrote:
I bought 2 tattoos for 10% more chance to posion but virulences are still capped at 82 as previously. What is happening?
I figured it out. Somehow the basic mechanics are not explained.
Herald of Agony gem gives 40 virulence, each point of quality in the gem give 0.25 virulence more. So if you have it at 20% quality and the amulet gives another30% quality, that means the gem has 50% quality so 50%*0.25=12.5 ~12 more virulences. So the gem now gives a base of 40+12=52 virulences. Each cluster with the passive pure agony gives another 5. So if you have 6 clusters you top at 82 virulences. To increase the cap you have to add more cluster jewels with the passive "Pure Agony".

Yes, exactly.

You missed the spoiler "The Composition of Agony - Chromino's Fine Art of Arachnophilia - Checklist of damage and destruction

The Scaling: HoA-Virulences | HoA-Levels | Poison | Withers | Curses | Chaos-Conversion | HoA-Crits"

in the top of the build which explain all these mechanics step by step. And you missed the "tl;dr" and the "skills" and the "faq" too.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 5, 2024, 1:39:32 AM
I am trying to play this build. Atm I am lvl 76, starting white maps. I managed to fit all the auras + tempest shield, next step is to figure curses to proc via vixens, ill try temporal chain + despair + enfeeble I guess, but i have only 51 mana left after reservation. I dont want to drop tempest shield.
My HoA is lvl 29, but with the alpha replica, i have to change it for a ES helmet in the future.
Damage is ok, but i have only 1 pure agony jewel, i have no curency for another voices, ill work on that as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info