Last Epoch is POE Killer now

There's only one certain thing here; PoE will die. Some day. In some opinions, it's already dead, because this league doesn't have enough players to sell what you want when you want to, to buy what you want when you want it or not enough groups to leech XP from. While that is of course just subjective nonsense, PoE WILL objectively die one day.

I don't think that is "soon". And I don't think that will be because of any competitor. I don't even think it will be because of GGG. I think PoE will die because of market/community saturation, or rather exhaustion. Genre exhaustion as a whole.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Lets be real, nothing can kill POE. Come on.
I have three phones, Blizzard. Three f***ing phones.
I have given enough, Jerle. Done enough.

And I just deleted a much longer answer, because it undermined the shortest truth.

I have given this garden enough, and all that is left to do is watch it wilt, and daydream about compost.

Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
Played it again last night. There's still something I cant quite describe missing in the combat. It feels dull.
"
MaxEXA wrote:
Lets be real, nothing can kill POE. Come on.

Lol, thx for the chuckle.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
RitualMurder wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Chavolatra wrote:
But new game balance based on 1% ruined this game forever now.

Ruined the game for you and some others, doesn't mean the game is dead nor killed by LE. Hate to break it to you, but you aren't the center of the universe :)

We've seen 100% fresh players going into Expedition totally blind, and managed to get to maps in a few days without even looking ONE single thing up on third part sites. Now, imagine what they can do during a league when they start looking shit up?

This game isn't balanced around the infamous "1%". Maybe 1% of the game is being balanced around the "1%", but that's just the way it should be.

...its clear they fucked up bad and they know it

This is the only part of your quoted post that matters. It is called Public Relations (or at least that is what we call it in my part of the world), and it is a part of every company. Take a look around the gaming world, even with the fuck ups, GGG is still sitting in a far better place than most of the major developers as far as transparency, player contact, and overall fucks being given.

Now, dont get me wrong, I am not justifying anything. I have barely played this league, and for me that is a big thing. I've been around for quite a while and generally play a ridiculous amount of time.

I acknowledge the problems, and the fact that these issues have driven me from the game as of late. But the picture that many of the vocals here are trying to paint is more overreaction than anything else.
...narf
Last edited by SqueakyToyOfTerror on Sep 9, 2021, 5:08:25 PM
"Last Epoch is POE Killer now"

^ lol. no.

i was hoping LE would fill the PoE-sized hole now that i've pretty-much given-up on PoE. sadly, i knew i was hoping for too much, but i gave it a go nonetheless.

LE, while i acknowledge is not even fully released yet, is ultimately a hollow experience for me. it looks pretty - prettier than what PoE was at the same stage, but the gameplay is very-much a yawn-fest right now. it feels no different to, say, titan quest. a game that came out in 2006.

i've poured nearly 50 hrs into LE, and while i feel i've gotten my $AU50.00 dollars' worth out of it... it ultimately feels like a forgettable also-ran compared to PoE. i'm sure it'll improve, but it'll never have quite the same "grab" that a lot of people found in PoE. that is, LE brings nothing new that we've not already seen in an ARPG before. for some ppl, that might be enough. for me though, it's not.

however, i sincerely hope i'm shown to be wrong come LE version 1.0. i want at least an "equal" to PoE, rather than a "PoE Killer".
ooh! 'member when PoE was good and fun? i 'member!
"

I have given this garden enough, and all that is left to do is watch it wilt, and daydream about compost.

You deserve a better garden. Than to die with this one.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
D2 resurrected is coming. D4 to. time for POE is ending
I checked the video patch notes for Last Epoch and what got me excited was the fact that the team working on the game has grown from 10 people to 50 people. It looks like LE is set up for cosmestics but there is no store yet.

I hope that LE can copy POE's revenue model and crank out leagues regularly. POE needs the competition.
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info