New Features Suggestion (with images!)

Agree with everything but buff/debuff positioning.

The down view is already pretty limited, there's no need to clutter it with a shitload of icons (especially the buffs).

Also i would like the party icons and health bars to be smaller.
I think these are all pretty great, especially the buff/debuffs.
It's really hard to know what's up with your character in fast paced combat. And certain debuffs aren't always apparent due to the area being crowded and the skill effects flying all over the place. I would definitely like to see them separated so I can know when to use which flasks. I like to think I pay enough attention but more often then not I'm wasting perfectly good flask affixes. I don't think putting them right over the XP bar would be too bad, but maybe they could get placed right above the hp sphere instead.

Could we also see totems and minions separated somehow? To better manage their health/recasts?
+1/bump/I like your ideas :D
All ideas are great, would like to see them in game.
I think buffs should still be on the top left where they are now, since they aren't really important enough to need to be seen all the time. Debuffs however, should stack up over your pots so when you look to see your health/pots you can quickly determine if you have a debuff.
Next Level Tool Tip

I would love to see this, I can't recall the number of times I've scratched my head looking at the tool tip when a gem levels up and trying to figure out how much mana it will cost or how much damage it will do. I usually end up checking pathofexilewiki.com.

Icons at Bottom

This would be really cool as an option. I would definitely try it out, not sure it would help my play but it could, and I will take that chance ;)

Colored Buffs & Debuffs

Not sure it would help me, but I would be interested to see what you guys can do.

Sort Characters

This would be a really nice quality of life feature. I don't have a ton of characters but once I passed the first page it has become only slightly bothersome to manage them.

Trade Chat Filter
Portal Timer
Stash Tab Arrows

These three interest me less, but it's mainly due to my play style. I think the trade chat filter is probably the greatest value amongst them, maybe tied with portal timers for the heavy group users. The stash tab arrows are nice but the drop down select helps much with navigation.

Suggestion

Some way to reduce the size of the UI, especially the Health/Mana globes. When I play ranged characters and a boss gets in the SW or SE of the screen I have had some troubles, most notably clicking potions by accident. I often dream to have a little more space to get that final shot on Brutus.

thanks and keep up the great work :)
"I am not lisning to your rules" - King Curtis
hoping this gets vision. I like the ideas as well. always wanted the buffs in a better spot to see them while playing
@russeii or @rbows
"
BrecMadak wrote:
Can't agree with your first suggestion as it destroys the atmosphere of PoE, but rest is nice collection of ideas.

Seriously? A colored border DESTROYS the atmosphere? It's not like the game now is black and white either. Color is not a bad thing.

I actually love all of the suggestions and the images are great, I really hope they implement them all ASAP.
I just want to take the time to thank everyone for the overwhelming positive response. Everyone who commented about liking it: Thank you!

To talk about the icons placement which seem to have mixed opinions:

I would like to point out that the first thing I wrote under that suggestion is "This needs to be optional."

If this change could not be optional, then I would refuse to suggest it because I know for a fact that some people like the way it is now because that's how they learned to play.

The idea however, is that those who do end game maps and who may also be CI and have to worry about deadly debuffs, they could switch it on and save their life.

Once again thank you so much for the positive response on both this topic and reddit. I hope GGG will finally comment!
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on May 15, 2013, 1:34:42 PM
These are really nice ideas. I'd love to see those in game.
IGN Ambush - Szybciochem
IGN Standard - Szybcioch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info