'Legacy' items policy, re:patch 0.10.5

*I might be wrong about what I am going to say, if so I admit I am a fool and you can disregard this post*

The way I see it is that it's impossible to nerf legacy items with rng rolls, they are rolls already made, I don't see how GGG is able to change these rolls unless they change each individual item.

This also seems to be the reason the current Voll's can be changed, because they have a static roll iirc.

So basically what it comes down to is, don't change unique items at all? I admit I have no experience with legacy items and how they affect a game so I can't speak on that behalf.
With GGG adding 4 uniques in every week, the balance choices for Silverbranch scares me. Maybe I should not use any uniques in my builds, no matter how UNIQUE they are.
Race reward items are totally different than regular uniques, specially because the first ones aren't really something that you will want to use while you are doing end game content.

These two versions of Silverbranch may not look like they have much difference on their power, but clearly no one can possible think it will be the only nerfed item in this game. What if a powerful item like Kaom's Heart is nerfed in the future while keeping their older versions unchanged? It will sure cause a lot of havoc inside the game.

I also think that all items except event rewards should be able to be found via drops to please those players that dislike trading or those that do not trade at all because they like using self found items only. Allowing legacy items to be introduced will make impossible for them to ever get their hands on these kinds of items.

There's no good reason to create legacy items just to avoid nerfing the items of a player. So what if they made a trade and their item lost value, that's part of any game that has a strong living economy like Path of Exile.
Last edited by Synchrotron on Apr 5, 2013, 4:49:44 AM
I agree with the majority opinion of the thread. Legacy items are a really bad idea. If the change is important enough that it has to be made, it should affect everyone, not just the unlucky people that got here too late.

If this is borne out of concerns for "race play", then it should be removed from races. It's not much different than finding any other hard-carry item early on in a race.

Luckily Silverbranch is only really used for twinking low level characters and for starting a Poison Arrow build until a higher level +2 or +3 bow can be found. If this goes through, I hope it doesn't set a precedent that will be disastrous if a high level item is found to be "too strong" in the future.

The comparison to a nigh-cosmetic race reward is terrible.
"
I fully agree. I have never found a Silverbranch, and now I feel like I am being punished, while anyone who found it prior to 0.10.5 are being rewarded.

I disliked "legacy" items in Diablo 2 as well and I don't want to see PoE follow with this bad decision. Keep all of the items the same with retroactive changes, for better or for worse.

I have to quote this so that people can see just how weak an argument the QQ'ers are having. Look at it this way. Either you have the possiblity of getting a +2 silverbranch...or you don't!! Nobody is getting 'punished' for letting the possibility exist
Another vote that since there are no wipes, the legacy Silverbranches should also go down to +1.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
"
BearCares wrote:
I have to quote this so that people can see just how weak an argument the QQ'ers are having. Look at it this way. Either you have the possiblity of getting a +2 silverbranch...or you don't!! Nobody is getting 'punished' for letting the possibility exist

Let's reward every character at exactly level 75 with extra 20 passive points next patch. Nobody is being punished :) Same logic with a bit more obvious negative impact. Calling it QQ is one thing, letting the game become inconsistent and unfair is another.
✠ ✠
If you can buff current volls, you can nerf current silverbranches. That reply didnt make much sense.

And why are you nerfing silverbranch anyway? There are plenty of uniques that enable players to faceroll early content- why target one in particular, and why now?

You might also want to reconsider the precedent youre setting here. Then again, perhaps this is just another in a long line of planned copy pastes from d2. Share the reasons behind this decision with us?
IGN: KoTao
Another point of interest. When an active skill is nerfed, we don't get to keep legacy versions around. Gems are as much gear as any other.
Spoiler
If legacy items exist, I want my legacy Shockwave Totem back. The one with 5% crit chance, aoe that covered the screen, and hit twice as fast for twice as much damage as the current one. :)
I for one LOVE legacy items... It makes it a challenge to trade for one.

Like in d2 I had an absolutely insane dual leech ring from like 1.2 that ended up getting duped 1000s of times once I finally traded it off.

If you want a pre nerf silver branch then pony up some orbs to get one before they all disappear...

While your at it, you may want to hoard some of these because these are sure to be nerfed aswell.

requires lv 7 without the gems
IGN: Turkey_turds, Lootsplosion_LvNINTHOUS, Who_Needs_pants_

Currently: OFFLINE
Last edited by FirefoxG on Apr 5, 2013, 5:41:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info