'Legacy' items policy, re:patch 0.10.5

"
Garr0t wrote:
Easy solution. Every time there is a change that people cry about not being 'fair', we should have a ladder reset. Yay! Everyone is back to square one, and everyone starts off from an equal playing field.

Why not a daily ladder reset, to make things even better?

Ladders were the thing I detested most about D2. The Nachos!! 1.09 run (in which their character Dipdancer was level 70 in under five minutes and level 99 in less than 40 hours) is a perfect example of why ladders are a temporary fix, like putting a Band-Aid on a severed jugular.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
GGG doesnt always patch the item so that the old versions retain old stats. I dont see this as a problem with silver branch because it isnt a good bow unless you're below level 50 or so.

Now if they were to nerf Kaom's and then let the legacy ones keep the old stats... THAT would be problematic IMO.
IGN: Iolar
"
Chris wrote:

There are many, many types of changes that we will have to do over the years that will leave items in a state they can't currently spawn in. This is very difficult to avoid, unfortunately.

"
Chris wrote:

Where possible we try to avoid creating "legacy" items. I would not expect there to be many such changes in the future, but they can happen.

what
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Garr0t wrote:
Easy solution. Every time there is a change that people cry about not being 'fair', we should have a ladder reset. Yay! Everyone is back to square one, and everyone starts off from an equal playing field.

Why not a daily ladder reset, to make things even better?

Ladders were the thing I detested most about D2. The Nachos!! 1.09 run (in which their character Dipdancer was level 70 in under five minutes and level 99 in less than 40 hours) is a perfect example of why ladders are a temporary fix, like putting a Band-Aid on a severed jugular.

level 70 in 5 minutes and 99 in less than 40 hours? In Diablo II? Lay off the crack there bud.
First of all, Beta testers or whoever played before 1.0 should be rewarded. And if things will get nerfed eventually, what is the point of playing this game knowing that OP items will eventually get nerfed? There is no reward what so ever to the old players and I think it is fair to keep legacy items to whoever got it. They spent hours playing and whoever thinks it is not fair just cuz you dont have any, work your way to them and don't whine?
"
Rexinization wrote:
First of all, Beta testers or whoever played before 1.0 should be rewarded. And if things will get nerfed eventually, what is the point of playing this game knowing that OP items will eventually get nerfed? There is no reward what so ever to the old players and I think it is fair to keep legacy items to whoever got it. They spent hours playing and whoever thinks it is not fair just cuz you dont have any, work your way to them and don't whine?

Why don't you ask the devs to stop putting in obviously OP uniques instead of asking them to leave their mistakes in the game.

You try to yell bias at the people who don't have those items and yet you fail to mention the obvious bias the other players have in owning many of those uniques.

You people don't give a shit about the game, just your own wealth in a video game. Pathetic.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Rexinization wrote:

Why don't you ask the devs to stop putting in obviously OP uniques instead of asking them to leave their mistakes in the game.

You try to yell bias at the people who don't have those items and yet you fail to mention the obvious bias the other players have in owning many of those uniques.

You people don't give a shit about the game, just your own wealth in a video game. Pathetic.

they got the brain then. You and I didn't. And they got them from hardcore playing. They achieved their goals, they are their symbol of strength. I am not that kind of person, but what's your goal? complain? work harder
best way is just to make legacy items "untradable" and unusable in pvp
"
Rexinization wrote:
best way is just to make legacy items "untradable" and unusable in pvp

Ahh WELL ok thats a fair idea. Really the more honest decision they can take about legacy item.

(really good idea to untradabe legacy item).

But since they decide to create somes end-game legacy item (Kaom heart), i don't think they will do anything against.

Ps: i realy would like to say more about this but since im really really ba din english i stop here. excuse my language ..
For once, I'm glad to see an act of thread necromancy!

Mark's post in this thread was really enlightening. For those new players unfamiliar with forums sotware, you can navigate to the Feedback forums, then click the GGG icon to the left of this thread to read all developer posts.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info