'Legacy' items policy, re:patch 0.10.5

"
Seriously...... Cause people can't buy, oh, anything?

Back to topic, why the hell do people care about this? We all knew that both default SC and HC leagues would be dumping grounds from races AND item changes.

You ever played D2 before 1.10?

The so called "bugged items" were imports from open Bnet.
1.08 items and such imports were duped and sold for much money.

Legacy items are simple provoking p2w situations.

Guess what would happen if Kaoms would suddenly only give only 500 HP?
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
Seriously...... Cause people can't buy, oh, anything?

Back to topic, why the hell do people care about this? We all knew that both default SC and HC leagues would be dumping grounds from races AND item changes.

It hasn't. So it's irrelevant.
It is relevant because there will be changes which will affect more valuable items.

Sure you can ignore a starter item but once it hits a mid level pvp or high end item the problems are starting.

"
Chris wrote:
There are already time-limited things in the economy like Demigod's Presences and Triumphs.

There are many, many types of changes that we will have to do over the years that will leave items in a state they can't currently spawn in. This is very difficult to avoid, unfortunately.

Not in this case for sure.
✠ ✠
I really fail to see how this hurts anything except (some) people's sense of entitlement and their e-peens.

1) Why do you care if somebody else is running around with a more powerful version of your item? Why don't you bitch about people owning better rares than you? (Hint: Because you'd be laughed at.)
2) The existence of a legacy item does not affect the function of the new item. Get a new Silverbranch, it would behave identically regardless of whether or not somebody had a better one or if they were all nerfed. The only difference is in your e-peen, as you no longer feel inferior.

This thread is super fail. I am disappoint.

Edit: Seriously not trolling. This thread reeks of entitlement and jealousy to me. I cannot see a single good reason to nerf the legacy items that is not motivated by entitlement. As to jealousy, that's a good thing, from what I recall of the original Manifesto.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Apr 5, 2013, 2:55:47 AM
I like legacy items, IMO they add history to a game. If there's an older, better version of an item I really like, I would save up for it.
@CanHas
1) You can eventually roll just as good item because the game didn't change the rules.
2) Because it is a multiplayer game where you interact with others. It creates different rules for different people.

It starts with Silverbranch, which doesn't do much. But it will add and add and one day it will be complete mess. I'd rather not see PoE become this kind of game that gave up balancing.
✠ ✠
"
"
skizzy wrote:
I think it adds another tier of harder-to-obtain uniques, which is always good for the item hunt.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad. This will further the P2W feeling some have where those with money (and thus tabs and thus currency) will have access to superior and impossible to drop gear that the majority never will. It's a terrible precedent that should be seriously reconsidered.

Your argument begins with a meme - not a great start if you want to be taken seriously. :P
"This will further the P2W feeling some have where those with money (and thus tabs and thus currency) will have access to superior and impossible to drop gear that the majority never will." Wait, you mean the more currency you have the better stuff you can buy? Seems reasonable in any economy.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Um iirc the 1.08 windforce was actually weaker than the 1.09 windforce.

GF, Doombringer, Harlequins Crest, Vampire Gaze, Arcaines Valor and one Amulet(Sacazean or Atmas Scarabeus), Valkyre Wing and Arreats were the uniques which were stronger pre 1.09.

Yeah, that was just an example. I was having trouble remembering the names -- I used to play for hours, skipping elementary/middle school, but didn't play much longer than when you could have a full inventory of hex charms (that was fun).

"
Hilbert wrote:

Duping and open Bnet were Diablo's/Blizzard's issues. PoE/GGG had has no such issue as far as we're aware of yet. Why would you even bring this up?

Your argument seems to be because these items will increase in value, they'll be sold for real money. You're right, let's make every item drop like crazy so there's nothing of value. If Koam's suddenly gave only 500 HP, the legacy would be logically worth more. Maybe I'm failing to see your point?
IGN: skizzy
Last edited by skizzy on Apr 5, 2013, 3:11:34 AM
"
Chris wrote:
There are already time-limited things in the economy like Demigod's Presences and Triumphs.

There are many, many types of changes that we will have to do over the years that will leave items in a state they can't currently spawn in. This is very difficult to avoid, unfortunately.

That's the first time I read a GGG post and had to make sure which Mr. Wilson was writing it. You're full of shit on this one Chris. You can't retro-buff and not retro-nerf. And if you are going to do that, you have to give us a WAY better reason than this load of crap.

Those "time-limited" items can't be had any other way. Silverbranch can still be found, just in a nerfed version. So your argument is really weak.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
Chris wrote:

The demis are a prize for a competition, and you get them with skill, a little luck, knowledge, a lot of effort and practice of the game. Pretty much every player agrees that if you don't have those merits, you don't even deserve a demi. These legacy items are "awarded" to those who were simply lucky enough to get them while they were still in their earlier state, and they are suddenly holding something that will be worth a hundred times more a year or two from now on. And you can't put it all on "it's just rng" this time, because you can never get a legacy Silverbranch drop again. I would very much like to hear a) why the bow was nerfed to begin with and b) why can't you retroactively nerf every other Silverbranch in the realm.
IGN: Jatkojohto
Last edited by Ninmi on Apr 5, 2013, 3:49:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info