🌬️⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 100M

picked up a 4g1b1r divine shield SotL for 4ex. seems like a bargain
"
Evander1992 wrote:
I and a friend are trying to come up with a different approach to the end gearing of a full block edition with wicked ward:

Spoiler

1) we take a 3 passive cluster jewel with mana reservation efficiency and Sublime form (grace 50% reservation efficiency)
2) We use Forbidden flame and flesh to have Sanctum of Thought ascendancy node instead of using 2 split personality

This allows the build to run Grace without the Aul and use the amulet "ashes of the stars". This amulet, combined with a 20% quality HoA lets us reach 70% poison chance alone, that raises to 95% if we consider the passive tree. The unreserved mana seems lower at first (around the 40-50 mark), but the Sancum of thought also halves our skill mana cost.

More on the Ashes of the Stars, it gives us more spell block chance (divergent tempest shield quality), more cooldown recovery rate on travel skills/blinks, on top of 1 more level to every active gem, Herald included

PoB is this: https://pastebin.com/g2P4YkZ9

Chromino, how do you see this as a possible build sidegrade?

As far as I see it's a great set-up. Of course Forbidden flame and flesh will not be cheap. But sanctum of thoughts, in combination with a watcher's eye clarity mod, let us loose only 500 es when we change out split personalities and radiant faith to Hierophant sanctum of thoughts. Or change out unwavering crusade, 1-2M less damage, but 700 es more of keeping radiant faith.

We could regret 5 pasives "sovereignity" or with amulet ashes of stars 5 passives chaos-mastery or get lvl 31 hoAg also in the fullblock edition, 2-3M more damage. The manamanagement will be with a small cluster "sublime form" or "self-control" okay. 2 needed passives and one jewelslot less. We need to put out replica pure talent and mandatory get 4% spellblock somewhere else, that is the biggest problem in the end. A large spellblockcluster, mystic bulwark or arcane sanctuary are the most easy solutions.

It's a really very tight decision. Aul's uprising is in the moment so expensive, but increased flaskcharges and dex on the aul's remain nice. The 20% more poisonchance of ashes of stars are really fu**% great and b.i.s. for virulences. The differences are in the end not big. And both set-ups, with or without Forbidden flame and flesh, works fine.
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 13, 2022, 9:16:23 AM
I've been thinking about new gloves for the build to ensure we get kills to auto spawn spiders easily and drop the jar in mapping (and a +10% dmg increase) that would be culling strike + faster casting gloves, and we drop slower proj)
But im afraid it'd make it a bit hard to reach max virulence on single target, and require a gear swap is out of question.. so, not sure.. what do you guys think about that ?
"
xACID_KVLTx wrote:
I've been thinking about new gloves for the build to ensure we get kills to auto spawn spiders easily and drop the jar in mapping (and a +10% dmg increase) that would be culling strike + faster casting gloves, and we drop slower proj)
But im afraid it'd make it a bit hard to reach max virulence on single target, and require a gear swap is out of question.. so, not sure.. what do you guys think about that ?

Overall I never experienced bigger benefits of culling strike. It's nice to link to tempestshield's to get culling blockings when you have full b.i.s.-geared 1-2 free unused sockets, but on the gloves spellecho, faster casting or white sockets of triadgripes are much better for damage. With es on hit of watcher's eye the spellecho doubles your es/ hit to 440 and more for example. Triad Grips add minimum 2-3M more damage. And some bosses with sequentzed fights are immune to clulling strike when I remember correct.
Also the gravebinds gloves are not really fitting. Their "nearby" is very small and you don't get much more spider's uptime.

But try out! It's an alternative!
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 13, 2022, 12:28:29 PM
"
Instead of Ghost Dance / Iron reflexes, could we use Wind Dancer in SotL or it isn't worth?

When you have very high evasion wind dancer is 4-5% more ehp, but also only solely when you have high enough es against all crits and oneshots in multiple damagemodmaps which increased 20% hitdamage taken by winddancer - you need 20% more es in the end. So it's only in a very few cases recommended.

Other keystones are much more valuable. Best is ghostdance worth 4 passives, second best divine shield worth 3 passives. Iron reflexes is best to facetank Sirus' meteors and beams.
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 13, 2022, 1:19:15 PM
Have anyone tried to change this build for spectres instead of heralds?
keep tankiness and auras, but switch everything related to HoA to spectres?
Hi. Currently buying stuff for transition to this build from HoP variant, can someone help:

when I switch pob to 100% chaosconversion on item set and passive tree, I get something like 12.7m dps unlike 24m it says in description. Can someone share pob link for full chaosconversion variant?
What is the gem-links for Cold Iron Point? Currently i don't have enough currency for Arakaali's Fang. Looked in almost all section of the guide including page 50 and didnt found.
"
phx wrote:
Hi. Currently buying stuff for transition to this build from HoP variant, can someone help:

when I switch pob to 100% chaosconversion on item set and passive tree, I get something like 12.7m dps unlike 24m it says in description. Can someone share pob link for full chaosconversion variant?

You need both of 2 tabs, like noted in the pob-notes: the passive tree-tab 100% chaosconversion and combinated with the item-set-tab 100% chaosconversion. The triad grips buff the damage so much.

For 24M you need to combinate the tree "b.i.s. voices clusters" with the items-tab "100% chaosconversion and voices clusters". Take also the increased ogfferings and change in feeding frenzy in the spider-supports like noted in the pob-notes.

Also for other trees are other items-sets to combinate to get the correct numbers, like levelling trees and levelling items.
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 13, 2022, 4:02:06 PM
"
Have anyone tried to change this build for spectres instead of heralds?
keep tankiness and auras, but switch everything related to HoA to spectres?

Perhaps a chaos-spectre-set-up would be possible.
But spectres were nerfed a lot.
As far as I tried HoA offers double the damage of spectres.
Pure spiders are possible, but by far not with the same tankyness and you need the squire-shield.
HoP's are possible, but they reach also only 40% of the damage. But they are nice meat-shields.
Animate weapons are with some changes also nice to buff.
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 13, 2022, 3:56:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info