⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 100M

"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
DreadMoore wrote:
Just checked 7m shaper dps verison and a bit wonder, from where is 60 stacks of poison on enemy?

Poison chance is pretty low as well as it duration. Can you explain?
Looks like the POB for the Hatred version hasn't been updated since GGG changed the poison gems.

Replace Critical Strike Affliction with Chance to Poison. Your poison chance goes from 45% to 85%.

Poison duration doesn't matter, it's the initial poison that grants a virulence for your crawler, and virulence expires on it's own timer, which is faster if you have more.

The 60 stacks of virulence comes from:
- 40 from the initial Herald of Agony
- 4 cluster jewel Pure Agony nodes, 5 each, so 4x5=20
Total 60.

Hi grimjack,

yes, I forgot to change the new "chance to poison" in for instead former poison support, now Critical Strike Affliction Support. It's corrected and pob is updated. Sorry! And thank you a lot for the hint!
What should I prefer as implicit on Ring?

Chaos damage %
Increased armor %
Or something completely different?
Thank you for your super detailed answer :)
"
Chromino wrote:

1- Desecrate is to generate corpses, and with the flask writhing jar and it's worms you can kill to raise spiders. So you can also raise spiders in bossarenas or at start of a map.

In spoiler "blizzard - raise your spiders" are all tipps.

...but I have still no clue why should I use Desecrate. I am familiar with the spoiler you mentioned. There is nothing about the role of Desecrate (just "use it twice" and nothing more, don't know why). I used this skill only in early game, before I bought Arakaali’s Fang, to raise Zombies.

And also, how to get through long fights with bosses when there are no mobs? Spiders die after 30 seconds. One flask used 3 times "produces" 3 packs of spiders for 90 seconds in total. How to get spiders when Jar is empty and there is no mobs to refill it?

"
Chromino wrote:

2- around level 70-80 you take the keystone chaos Inoculation to get immune against chaosdamage and poison. Before use not the golden rule or only very, very careful. Because you yourself don't inflict bleedings with spells (or only extreme low damage with skills) you don't reflect them to yourself.

I am lvl 91 atm so I'm using Chaos Inoculation for some time. It doesn't give poison immunity, only chaos immunity. What does?
"
DreadMoore wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
DreadMoore wrote:
Just checked 7m shaper dps verison and a bit wonder, from where is 60 stacks of poison on enemy?

Poison chance is pretty low as well as it duration. Can you explain?
Looks like the POB for the Hatred version hasn't been updated since GGG changed the poison gems.

Replace Critical Strike Affliction with Chance to Poison. Your poison chance goes from 45% to 85%.

Poison duration doesn't matter, it's the initial poison that grants a virulence for your crawler, and virulence expires on it's own timer, which is faster if you have more.

The 60 stacks of virulence comes from:
- 40 from the initial Herald of Agony
- 4 cluster jewel Pure Agony nodes, 5 each, so 4x5=20
Total 60.

im talking about poison stacks, not virulence. At the full dps pob 60 stacks of poison in configuration and Vile Toxin gem in links. It has a multiplier for up to 9 stacks, but even 9 stacks of poison is quite problematic.

Hi dreadmoore,

I checked the maths:

The poisons of ball-lightnings do almost 0.00001 zero damage, it's only the buff for virulences and for vile toxins when you use it, so it's not really a difference.
When there are 60 virulences, only 30 (half because golden rule) are on the enemy. In older pob's you needed to activate them to calculate with 10, now 9 stacks vile toxins increased damage.

The ball-lightnings poisons each 0.15 seconds basic. This is buffed by cast speed, onslaught, faster casting, eventually slower projectiles (equal to 50% increased cast speed, ball-lightnings are moving aoe's) and eventually anomalous spellecho.

Poisons of ball-lightnings is 454 dps (206 dps 2.2 seconds in a typical geared set-up), increased cast speed is 78%, slower projectiles I count as 50% (someone tested when I remember correct), so 128% increased cast speed total. So singeltarget you generate circa each 0.06 seconds a poison stack singeltarget and 2 virulences with the golden rule when you have 100% chance to poison (when you hit multiple enemies multiple more). Then after add storm brand and raise spiders.

I would guess, this results with 85% chance to poison total into 13-14 stacks ball-lightnings each second, lasting 2 seconds, 14-15 stacks storm brand in my ingame experiences hehe, without maths (50% of storm brands 30 virulences), and 20 spiders, with multistrike 2.4 ats, circa 48 attacks/ second, 60% chance to poison with viper strike 4 seconds - 28 stacks starting/ second, then more stacking. You would be able to substain 79 poisonstacks singletarget for vile toxins when I counted correct, but 9 stacks are enough on your prey, yippiee.

You are able to substain 42 stacks without spiders, but with golden rule that would be not enough for 84 virulences, because the virulences expire much, much faster - to answer to another interesting important universal question.

Hehe! Let the spiders out!
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 11, 2021, 6:10:53 PM
"
Jack0o wrote:
Thank you for your super detailed answer :)
"
Chromino wrote:

1- Desecrate is to generate corpses, and with the flask writhing jar and it's worms you can kill to raise spiders. So you can also raise spiders in bossarenas or at start of a map.

In spoiler "blizzard - raise your spiders" are all tipps.

...but I have still no clue why should I use Desecrate. I am familiar with the spoiler you mentioned. There is nothing about the role of Desecrate (just "use it twice" and nothing more, don't know why). I used this skill only in early game, before I bought Arakaali’s Fang, to raise Zombies.

And also, how to get through long fights with bosses when there are no mobs? Spiders die after 30 seconds. One flask used 3 times "produces" 3 packs of spiders for 90 seconds in total. How to get spiders when Jar is empty and there is no mobs to refill it?

"
Chromino wrote:

2- around level 70-80 you take the keystone chaos Inoculation to get immune against chaosdamage and poison. Before use not the golden rule or only very, very careful. Because you yourself don't inflict bleedings with spells (or only extreme low damage with skills) you don't reflect them to yourself.

I am lvl 91 atm so I'm using Chaos Inoculation for some time. It doesn't give poison immunity, only chaos immunity. What does?

yes, in "blizzard" are only the practical tipps, the mechanics of desecrate are in the gemdescription itself written:

"DesecrateSpell, AoE, Duration, Chaos
Level: (1-20)
Cost: (11-26) Mana
Cast Time: 0.60 secRequires Level 16Desecrates the ground, summoning corpses and dealing chaos damage to all enemies in the area. The corpses will be chosen from the monsters in the current area and any Spectres that have existed in this instance.

Base duration is 4 seconds
Deals (8.2-294) Base Chaos Damage per second
Spawns 5 corpses
Spawns corpses up to Level (20-100)
Maximum of 10 corpses allowed"

You need corpses and a kill by yourself to raise spiders. The corpses you create with desecrate. Then you open your writhing jar and kill the worms on top of the desecrated corpses (with storm brand or frostblink, see "blizzard") This raises 20 spiders, often only 18 or sometimes less, because your worms, your aoe-damage and the corpses are not at the same places and the first raised spiders kill the second worm (or Einhar, your scorpion, heist-members etc.). Then just raise them a second time or in maps you will get full 20 after some kills. Or take in icenova with 360* aoe, but it's not recommended, only when you have problems even after practising to raise the spiders try it out.

The spiders renewal themself, poisoned killed enemies count as killed by yourself (so you can use also the buffs of headhunter). You often do not need to raise spiders again after the first time in maps because you get hundreds kills on your way. Ón top your molten shell kills some weak mobs too, the kills generate corpses, so also frozen or stunned you often automatic generate some spiders.

In single-target-boss-fights it is best to use "sniper's mark": the hybrid flask writhing jar refills with sniper's mark, when you hit the marked and cursed enemy.

Without sniper's mark, only when you don't use it for some reasons, for example against ueber-atziris curse reflections, switch your minor pantheon to Soul of Ryslatha (see spoiler "boss-hunting" for all tipps), so also against ueber-atziri you get enough charges of writhing jar.

Yes, you can get poisoned as CI, but poison is chaos damage and you get no damage. That's the info I have from several threads like:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ado59m/soul_of_arakaali_ci_and_the_golden_rule/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161960/page/1#p15600724

Last edited by Chromino on Aug 11, 2021, 3:20:44 PM
"
demji wrote:
What should I prefer as implicit on Ring?

Hi demji!

Chaos damage %
Increased armor %
Or something completely different?

I advice first to very, very rare curses on hit (vulnerability) for some damage, but it's hard to get on the market.

Second best are reduced elemental ailments.

Third best is probably dexterity when you don't get 159 dex on your gear like belts, amulet and gloves and your clusters-transfer-points.

Increased aura effects are also fine.
Increased armour is not bad.

Chaos damage has no benefit as implicit, you need only the standard chaos damage of all circles of nostalgias for chance to poison.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 11, 2021, 4:55:37 PM
"
Astarotte wrote:
I guess thats a BIS ring :D
/flex

Yeeeeahh! A beautiful one, the one to rule the swarm!

Congrats!
"
Chromino wrote:

yes, in "blizzard" are only the practical tipps, the mechanics of desecrate are in the gemdescription itself written:

"DesecrateSpell, AoE, Duration, Chaos
Level: (1-20)
Cost: (11-26) Mana
Cast Time: 0.60 secRequires Level 16Desecrates the ground, summoning corpses and dealing chaos damage to all enemies in the area. The corpses will be chosen from the monsters in the current area and any Spectres that have existed in this instance.

Base duration is 4 seconds
Deals (8.2-294) Base Chaos Damage per second
Spawns 5 corpses
Spawns corpses up to Level (20-100)
Maximum of 10 corpses allowed"

You need corpses and a kill by yourself to raise spiders. The corpses you create with desecrate. Then you open your writhing jar and kill the worms on top of the desecrated corpses (with storm brand or frostblink, see "blizzard") This raises 20 spiders, often only 18 or sometimes less, because your worms, your aoe-damage and the corpses are not at the same places and the first raised spiders kill the second worm (or Einhar, your scorpion, heist-members etc.). Then just raise them a second time or in maps you will get full 20 after some kills. Or take in icenova with 360* aoe, but it's not recommended, only when you have problems even after practising to raise the spiders try it out.

The spiders renewal themself, poisoned killed enemies count as killed by yourself (so you can use also the buffs of headhunter). You often do not need to raise spiders again after the first time in maps because you get hundreds kills on your way. Ón top your molten shell kills some weak mobs too, the kills generate corpses, so also frozen or stunned you often automatic generate some spiders.

In single-target-boss-fights it is best to use "sniper's mark": the hybrid flask writhing jar refills with sniper's mark, when you hit the marked and cursed enemy.

Without sniper's mark, only when you don't use it for some reasons, for example against ueber-atziris curse reflections, switch your minor pantheon to Soul of Ryslatha (see spoiler "boss-hunting" for all tipps), so also against ueber-atziri you get enough charges of writhing jar.

Yes, you can get poisoned as CI, but poison is chaos damage and you get no damage. That's the info I have from several threads like:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ado59m/soul_of_arakaali_ci_and_the_golden_rule/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161960/page/1#p15600724

Wow, I would never expect that worms / spiders interact with corpses in such way. Corpses seem to be counted as enemies (?) Not sure how and why but it really works! :)

And thank you for explaining CI and poison damage. I thought poison deals physical damage but I may mistaken it with bleeding.

Thank you for your help, will try to move toward your built. It sucks tho that BIS items cost few or many EX or even are not available at all. Oh well, I will start with basics. It's good there is lot to do (when it's about improving and developing EQ).
"
Jack0o wrote:
Wow, I would never expect that worms / spiders interact with corpses in such way. Corpses seem to be counted as enemies (?) Not sure how and why but it really works! :)

And thank you for explaining CI and poison damage. I thought poison deals physical damage but I may mistaken it with bleeding.

Thank you for your help, will try to move toward your built. It sucks tho that BIS items cost few or many EX or even are not available at all. Oh well, I will start with basics. It's good there is lot to do (when it's about improving and developing EQ).

The worms and spiders interact that way because:

Raise Spider tooltip from wiki:
Raise two spectral spiders from each nearby corpse that will attack your enemies with Viper Strike. Each raised spider grants you increased Attack Speed and increased Damage with Poison. Enemies will not engage the spiders directly, and they are immune to damage.

Trigger this Spell on Kill
Base duration is 30 seconds
Maximum 20 Raised Spiders
Each Spider grants 2% increased Attack Speed
Each Spider grants 12% increased Damage with Poison
You cannot Cast this Spell directly
Minions cannot Taunt Enemies

And you don't need BIS items at all. At the moment, I don't use Skin of the Lords with Iron Reflexes nor Aul's amulet. I use +1 gems corruption torso (which could as well be normal Skin of the Loyal) and +2 gems amulet (which costs around 4ex, but you could use +1 gems amulet which is very cheap). I killed A9 Sirus with this setup and it was easy, deathless. I bought several expensive items after the A9 kill, in case you're checking my profile.
Hey guys,

Can someone help me put hatered in somehow in the build, i almost got BIS items at the moment, would love to push it higher dps if possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info