⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 100M

Is there any amulet you would recommend while farming for Aul's? It is ridiculously expensive at the moment. I am still missing one circle ring, but with both rings + charisma anointment and some support adjustments for herald, I should be able to manage herald + hatred + discipline + clarity.

Seeing as Aul's is so pricey I would even be tempted to stack a bit more reservation reduction and try to fit everything without it. There are reservation nodes we did not take, including herald reservation, so there is room for some tricks here. Then we could use ES/Mana amulet with maybe dmg mod like + gem levels, to potentially mitigate removing some other passives in favour of reservation.

For example Replica Hyrri's would give a lot of extra room in our mana pool when running Hatred variant, while being relatively cheap. I am still thinking whether this is a good option or there is something better
Last edited by Riviar90 on Aug 6, 2021, 4:35:36 PM
ok, took a bit of getting used to but seems great so a big shout out for you, it's great fun :)

Just a couple of questions though

It says my dps total is 2.98M, is that per spider or overall?

i have 808 mana spare, so would lvling up my desecrate help any?
"
Eag1e wrote:
ok, took a bit of getting used to but seems great so a big shout out for you, it's great fun :)

That DPS number is probably for the agony crawler, there's no way you can get spiders up to 3 million each, and I don't think POB has an option for what all 20 of them do. I haven't managed to figure it out if the option exists.

You want to drop your unreserved mana to under 100. Desecrate doesn't reserve mana, so that's not going to help. Best bet is probably to drop reduced mana reservation jewels or points on the tree. Mana reservation is an entire minigame in itself, trying to balance it is quite the puzzle. In past leagues you could get excellent advice from the members here, unfortunately we all relied on POB to be correct in it's calculations and at the moment it is not, so we can't offer much except "Try this, tell me how much mana you have now..."
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Riviar90 wrote:
Is there any amulet you would recommend while farming for Aul's? It is ridiculously expensive at the moment. I am still missing one circle ring, but with both rings + charisma anointment and some support adjustments for herald, I should be able to manage herald + hatred + discipline + clarity.

Seeing as Aul's is so pricey I would even be tempted to stack a bit more reservation reduction and try to fit everything without it. There are reservation nodes we did not take, including herald reservation, so there is room for some tricks here. Then we could use ES/Mana amulet with maybe dmg mod like + gem levels, to potentially mitigate removing some other passives in favour of reservation.

For example Replica Hyrri's would give a lot of extra room in our mana pool when running Hatred variant, while being relatively cheap. I am still thinking whether this is a good option or there is something better
Nothing wrong with the Astramentis you are using now. I'm still using the same one at level 92.

Careful with the Hatred variant, it's not great for leveling. IMO it's the option for after you've leveled as high as you plan to and don't care about deaths anymore.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Eag1e wrote:

Probably 2.98 is the crawler solely without 20 spiders. Don't forget to activate 15 withers, 20 spiders, curses and correct number of virulences for calculating.

I guess you need to change in the skillgem "determination" until getting it granted on shield. It's much armour and es/block.
Put out withering step or take in an unset ring or in "skillmanager" are a lot possibilities. This will also ebentually mix up your mana new.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 6, 2021, 7:05:40 PM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Riviar90 wrote:

Nothing wrong with the Astramentis you are using now. I'm still using the same one at level 92.

Careful with the Hatred variant, it's not great for leveling. IMO it's the option for after you've leveled as high as you plan to and don't care about deaths anymore.

Makes sense. I will still stick to Hatred and council gloves until I am deep into 80s.

On another note, I managed to run all the auras (bare determination - no passives for clusters yet) with Conqueror's Efficiency and Discord Artisan. Didn't even use Charisma or 2nd circle ring, yet. I am also having comfortable reservation of almost all mana (ES/armor boost), while having enough for all skills. So, it should be fairly easy to stick determination onto it (and switch Hatred for Grace) without using Aul's at all and tweak minor reservation nodes/jewels to reach as low unreserved mana as possible.
Or, you know, you can use Aul's and add one extra 50% aura, which can be pretty cool
Last edited by Riviar90 on Aug 6, 2021, 5:21:09 PM
"
Hi there,

first of all: Great Build, i enjoy playin and improving step by step. Though i am just a casual player with littel currency i allready reached Lvl 93 an Sirius5, quiete nice for my playtime and playstile :-)

Even in T16 I am doing quiet well, but i lack in boss damage. I guess it is less the build or equip but me, so let me ask 2 questions:

1. While mapping i can easily get 55 Viruleces and 100 Serpintine Spellslinger Stacks. With this most Monsters go down quiet fast. But i cant realy get theses stacks with bosses. Got better since i switched in BrandSkill for faster Casting in my Ball Lighting Setup but it is still bad.
I shoot ball lightning at the boss till i have to move (and with Guardians or worse i have to move often) as well as some brands, but as i cannot tank everything most of the time i am low at damage stacks.
So what can I do against bosses?
Get more tanky=more ball lightning / Rare Gloves instead of Shapers Touch / other playstile?

2. Is it possible to get Grace running (+Determination, +Discipline) without Auls Amulett? I guess i will never be able get it :-)

Sidenote: My next Improvements will be Watchers Eye, Amu Annointment and Empower Gem, when having the currency an with Annointment Charisma i have to fix Tree / Mana reservation. But i guess thats not the answer to my question.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Wolverine,

thank you a lot!

1. Yes, for singletarget bosses you need the golden rule jewel and best are rare gloves with integrated faster casting, slower projectiles if possible (and high es evt. dex when you don't have dex on belt, amulet or ring etc.).

With shaper's touch you often don't reach 55-60 virulences singletarget. You can switch storm brand to anomalous spellecho, but it's a bit slow too.
Anomalous ball-lightnings offers some cast speed, other boosts are "Divergent HoA", but you need it level 21 (buy 6 divergent hoa and corrupt them for lvl 21), "septic spells" is only on very unique bis megalomanic unique clusters nice to fit in.

2. Yes, on page 50 in the tradelinks is a section amulet/ grace which list how to workaround without aul's uprising.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50

You loose 5 virulences and some passives, but for high defences it's easy possible when you want to go tanky. You can try out with rare amulet reduced reservation of grace or determination (cheap), rings, cluster combination sublime form & uncompromising. Last league there were also lvl 100's without aul's, you can also stand by astramentis or another amulet.
Last edited by Chromino on Aug 7, 2021, 10:41:26 AM
"
Chromino wrote:
"
akispsi wrote:
Hello everyone!

Loving the build, but I seem to be hitting a wall on T13 maps. Dying left and right even bricked a conqueror map. I haven't struggled like this in a very long time, if ever, which makes me think I'm missing something.

I know I am have a long way to go in terms of damage (working on crafting clusters and leveling gems), but I'm not certain what should be the next step defence-wise. Currently sitting on 4.5k ES and 27k armor (40k with Granite flask on).
Besides the obvious Skin with Iron Reflexes and aul's which is outside my price range right now, is there anything that would help increase survivability?

Thanks!

Hi again akispsi,

I checked the pob:

Take also the important passives for armour and es:

"insightfulness" is bis for more es and more ar. Arcane will and arcane focus will boost your es and ar much. Get the helmet enchant and regret discord artisan to activate the passives you can also regret some points of your large cluster probably. For starting you could switch a medium cluster or the large cluster to defensive ones too, but loose a lot damage. But you need the helmet enchant or more uncompromising/ self control to get the free passives instead discord artisan. And as grimjack writes, your reservd mana is transformed into ar and es, reserve all mana and keep only 50-90 unreserved mana.

Also try out phantasms in your HoA-supports as meat shields, in lower tiers they block and taunt a lot.

With these changes of passives, flask as above posted and amulet you will get a lot more ar and es.

Thank you so much for your time and input.
I knew I was somehow messing up.
Got so consumed into clusters and reservation that I neglected the basics!

Swapped some things around, upgraded some gear pieces and it alreadyfeels much better.
Currently sitting on 6k ES and 36k armour unbuffed.

I think I will save for iron reflexes skin and auls now, while working on crafting decent clusters.

Cheers!
"
Probably 2.98 is the crawler solely without 20 spiders. Don't forget to activate 15 withers, 20 spiders, curses and correct number of virulences for calculating.

I guess you need to change in the skillgem "determination" until getting it granted on shield. It's much armour and es/block.
Put out withering step or take in an unset ring or in "skillmanager" are a lot possibilities. This will also ebentually mix up your mana new.

Ok, i took the reserved mana nodes out, now have 60 unreserved mana and 8.6k es

I am also at 75% spell block / attack damage block

also at 37.5k armour ( PoB = just over 103k armour )
Last edited by Eag1e on Aug 6, 2021, 7:48:13 PM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
That DPS number is probably for the agony crawler, there's no way you can get spiders up to 3 million each, and I don't think POB has an option for what all 20 of them do. I haven't managed to figure it out if the option exists.

Try these steps.

1) Open POB and go to the skills window

2) Click on Raise Spiders in the Socket Group panel

3) Check the box that says "include in full DPS"

4) Edit the count equal to 20

You will now see the total Spider damage (all 20 combined) included in the bottom of the left hand panel that contains all of the main stats. It will also be included in the total damage so that you can see how much the HOA and Spiders are doing combined.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 6, 2021, 8:17:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info