[3.10] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian | 2.5 Minute Sirus 8 | Deathless T19 100% Delirium

"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Kyokuji wrote:
What about taking Grave Intentions for 25% chance to proc Unholy Might on kill? Normally, it's not that good, since only one minion gets it, but since we're only scaling one minion to begin with, it seems really nice.

It only really comes into play while clearing, where we already do more than enough damage. Even for bosses with add phases it won't help much because it will be gone really fast when the adds are gone. It might be useful for really deep delving where the damage the crawler does falls off a bit? Can't say myself. But then, in deep delves you also REALLY want your defenses, and thats where you would need to take those three points away.

Since this build basically only needs 3 core flasks (Rumi's, Movement, Sulphur), what about dropping a flask or two for "The Writhing Jar" for bosses? You get two worms each charge, so that's around a 50% chance you'll get Unholy Might for another 4s, and you have two tries per flask.

'Cause I was looking at the point distribution on the tree, and a lot of the nodes put heavily into more mana only really add like a few hundred ES and armor here and there, which feels like it'd be better spent on a little more damage.
Last edited by Kyokuji on Dec 18, 2019, 5:19:22 PM
"
Kyokuji wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Kyokuji wrote:
What about taking Grave Intentions for 25% chance to proc Unholy Might on kill? Normally, it's not that good, since only one minion gets it, but since we're only scaling one minion to begin with, it seems really nice.

It only really comes into play while clearing, where we already do more than enough damage. Even for bosses with add phases it won't help much because it will be gone really fast when the adds are gone. It might be useful for really deep delving where the damage the crawler does falls off a bit? Can't say myself. But then, in deep delves you also REALLY want your defenses, and thats where you would need to take those three points away.

Since this build basically only needs 3 core flasks (Rumi's, Movement, Sulphur), what about dropping a flask or two for "The Writhing Jar" for bosses? You get two worms each charge, so that's around a 50% chance you'll get Unholy Might for another 4s, and you have two tries per flask.

'Cause I was looking at the point distribution on the tree, and a lot of the nodes put heavily into more mana only really add like a few hundred ES and armor here and there, which feels like it'd be better spent on a little more damage.

Well, you can try it. It does make sense, so go for it if you want to convert some defense into more offense. There is nothing wrong with adjusting the build to what you need or like. But I like the huge amount of chance to evade from my Jade flask too much. And my 5th is at the moment firmly taken by a Quartz Flask. I hate playing minion builds without being able to run through mobs, and the Dodge chance is neat too :D
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 18, 2019, 5:56:23 PM
The one nice thing is that it's great for Metamorph bosses, since they spawn a ton of adds constantly.

Anyone have any thoughts on using https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Adamant instead of Utmost Might or Soul of Steel?
Last edited by Kyokuji on Dec 18, 2019, 5:33:54 PM
"
dceezy wrote:
I see people using Elemental Equilibrium with Cold Iron Point. Would't this make EE not trigger off Ball Lightning as CIP makes you do no elemental damage?

You don't use ball lightning with cold iron point because yea you won't trigger either poison stacks or EE afaik (not sure if cold iron point with CoN triggers poison using BL). People may have picked up EE without realising how it works or in preparation for switching to a wand soon. Use cyclone/fortify/whatever (the guide suggests blind though I had trouble getting 3 green links so I just ran a 3 link while cycloning tbh).

There's a bunch of anoints you could do for sure and that one wouldn't be too bad. Utmost strength is pretty nice if you can get 1 crimson oil not crazy expensive but might play with others later. The +1 max resist one is very tempting.
"
lordaverage42 wrote:
"
dceezy wrote:
I see people using Elemental Equilibrium with Cold Iron Point. Would't this make EE not trigger off Ball Lightning as CIP makes you do no elemental damage?

You don't use ball lightning with cold iron point because yea you won't trigger either poison stacks or EE afaik (not sure if cold iron point with CoN triggers poison using BL). People may have picked up EE without realising how it works or in preparation for switching to a wand soon. Use cyclone/fortify/whatever (the guide suggests blind though I had trouble getting 3 green links so I just ran a 3 link while cycloning tbh).

There's a bunch of anoints you could do for sure and that one wouldn't be too bad. Utmost strength is pretty nice if you can get 1 crimson oil not crazy expensive but might play with others later. The +1 max resist one is very tempting.

When I tried cyclone, I couldn't gain stacks nearly as fast as ball lightning. I think because of accuracy. They'd regularly drop as low as like 20 during bosses.
Last edited by Kyokuji on Dec 18, 2019, 6:18:45 PM
Thinking about making one, but one thing worries me.. How are you getting res capped? Almost nothing on gear has res. 20 all from boots, 20 all from ascendency, 13 all res from tree and some fire res on helm. Ring could get you 100+ res, but even then you are nowhere near resistance capped..

This build looks awesome but I have a question regarding no regen maps. How do we regen mana to cast ball lightning? Do you sub in a mana flask or we just reroll?
"
ArasysSysara wrote:
Thinking about making one, but one thing worries me.. How are you getting res capped? Almost nothing on gear has res. 20 all from boots, 20 all from ascendency, 13 all res from tree and some fire res on helm. Ring could get you 100+ res, but even then you are nowhere near resistance capped..

Before you can afford CoN you have 2 ring slots and the belt, plus the other sources. Once you go CoN you should also be able to afford decent rares (he mentions in guide its cheaper since you can ignore life rolls on these rares). I didn't pay huge sums for the rare gear I linked a page or 2 back and I have 95/81/80 uncapped resistances respectively.

@Kyok I kinda had the same experience, make sure you get a good amount of int such as utmost intellect at top of tree if you can since shapers touch will give you accuracy for intellect. If you don't have shapers touch yet maybe thats another struggle if you are also still using cyclone. Anyway just switch to ball lightning ASAP, way easier and smoother. Tbh you can run it without a +1 wand if you want it's just cold iron point may be better at that point because of hoag levels. But you'll still get the way smoother experience.
"
vvizard wrote:
This build looks awesome but I have a question regarding no regen maps. How do we regen mana to cast ball lightning? Do you sub in a mana flask or we just reroll?

I picked up a cheap enduring mana flask and I take out 1 aura such as dread banner for a little leeway on the mana. It's really not bad just have to remember to do it.
"
lordaverage42 wrote:
"
vvizard wrote:

I picked up a cheap enduring mana flask and I take out 1 aura such as dread banner for a little leeway on the mana. It's really not bad just have to remember to do it.

Meaning I am porting out of every no regen map to get my neverending mana flask. This build really doesnt give a shit about map mods, so I don't pay attention and only realize it is no regen when I am out of mana :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info