[3.10] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian | 2.5 Minute Sirus 8 | Deathless T19 100% Delirium

Why do we use Empower L3 when Vicious Projectiles gives the exact same damage increase in PoB for 5% less mana reservation and a lot less currency cost (like a few chaos VS 1 ex for a level 3 Empower)?
Last edited by Kyokuji on Dec 18, 2019, 9:05:38 PM
"
Kyokuji wrote:
Why do we use Empower L3 when Vicious Projectiles gives the exact same damage increase for 5% less mana reservation and a lot less currency cost (like a few chaos VS 1 ex for a level 3 Empower)?

With my build right now Vicious Projectiles would give 18% less damage than Empower 4.
Empower 4 is better than Awakened VP.
Last edited by Markuchi on Dec 18, 2019, 9:09:08 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
lordaverage42 wrote:
"
vvizard wrote:
This build looks awesome but I have a question regarding no regen maps. How do we regen mana to cast ball lightning? Do you sub in a mana flask or we just reroll?

I picked up a cheap enduring mana flask and I take out 1 aura such as dread banner for a little leeway on the mana. It's really not bad just have to remember to do it.

Meaning I am porting out of every no regen map to get my neverending mana flask. This build really doesnt give a shit about map mods, so I don't pay attention and only realize it is no regen when I am out of mana :D

Upto you if you want to carry a 2 slot flask in your inventory so you can not get punished for misreading mods. I think it's worth it personally to just lug around at least for now but yea you can just port out and grab it i guess.
What golem would you recommend until obtaining +4 spectre summon?
"
lordaverage42 wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

Meaning I am porting out of every no regen map to get my neverending mana flask. This build really doesnt give a shit about map mods, so I don't pay attention and only realize it is no regen when I am out of mana :D

Upto you if you want to carry a 2 slot flask in your inventory so you can not get punished for misreading mods. I think it's worth it personally to just lug around at least for now but yea you can just port out and grab it i guess.

I was just making a joke about how the build doesnt care about map mods, causing me to not read them.

"
Bungusfungus wrote:
What golem would you recommend until obtaining +4 spectre summon?

I went with Stone Golem, some nice extra regen. Could also go with Lightning Golem, helps with Ball Lightning cast speed until you get your wand and can link it with Faster Casting. I really hated how slow it was... Getting that wand to auto-trigger the curse and offering, freeing up Ball Lightning links, really puts the build on another level.

On another note: Tested both "Time of Need" and "Bastion of Hope" in the endgame. Imo "Time of Need" is far superior. I barely notice the lost stun immunity, but I do notice the huge recovery from "Time of Need". Has saved my ass in those much more difficult boss fights many times. Maybe before this patch Bastion of Hope was the better choice, but know, after they buffed T15-16 maps and bosses Time of Need truly shines.
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 18, 2019, 10:26:19 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:

On another note: Tested both "Time of Need" and "Bastion of Hope" in the endgame. Imo "Time of Need" is far superior. I barely notice the lost stun immunity, but I do notice the huge recovery from "Time of Need". Has saved my ass in those much more difficult boss fights many times. Maybe before this patch Bastion of Hope was the better choice, but know, after they buffed T15-16 maps and bosses Time of Need truly shines.

Hm I think I have to agree. At least it feels like a much nicer playstyle especially during tough metamorphs where sometimes waiting for recharge (and theres often map mods slowing down recharge etc) can be troublesome, Time of Need enables you to get out of bad situations before they even become bad situations quite often as well as directly saving you if the timing works out. Much less worrying about ignites and bleeds etc that cancel recharge. I'll have to keep playing with it to see if the stuns end up messing with me but definitely a nice ascend choice.

edit: while ele reflect is almost never a concern, if you have enough density such as with the sextant mods for little convert mobs and a juiced up map with ele reflect it is possible to burst yourself down lol cause BL is strong in that scenario even with our low dps
Last edited by lordaverage42 on Dec 18, 2019, 11:43:26 PM
"
lordaverage42 wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

Hm I think I have to agree. At least it feels like a much nicer playstyle especially during tough metamorphs where sometimes waiting for recharge (and theres often map mods slowing down recharge etc) can be troublesome, Time of Need enables you to get out of bad situations before they even become bad situations quite often as well as directly saving you if the timing works out. Much less worrying about ignites and bleeds etc that cancel recharge. I'll have to keep playing with it to see if the stuns end up messing with me but definitely a nice ascend choice.

edit: while ele reflect is almost never a concern, if you have enough density such as with the sextant mods for little convert mobs and a juiced up map with ele reflect it is possible to burst yourself down lol cause BL is strong in that scenario even with our low dps

I was kind of nervous about the stuns too. But as our minions don't stop attacking when we are stunned, that usually means one of our Spectres gets a hit in and taunts (Meat Shield Support) the mob away from me. The problem with stuns is not the occasional random stun. It is getting stunlocked. And that hasn't happened yet with the taunt from Spectres. But yea, gotta wait and see, it is only 10 regret orbs to respec after all.
Awesome build!
IGN: Marissa_Is_Hella_Hot
My Domination Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/713727/page/1/#p6181728
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
lordaverage42 wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

I was kind of nervous about the stuns too. But as our minions don't stop attacking when we are stunned, that usually means one of our Spectres gets a hit in and taunts (Meat Shield Support) the mob away from me. The problem with stuns is not the occasional random stun. It is getting stunlocked. And that hasn't happened yet with the taunt from Spectres. But yea, gotta wait and see, it is only 10 regret orbs to respec after all.

While Time of Need does have great perks I have to say all the microstuns during mapping can be a pain in the ass. Gonna try kiaras determination or something else maybe (tho don't know what else will fit very well) to help a bit.

Edit: Kiara's Determination definitely a solid option for general mapping to stop the annoying stuns if you do run Time of Need (which I recommend especially if you will be doing some bossing). Can't speak for deep delving but just for general gameplay outside of delve. I'd run the Kiara flask for mapping and probably not run it for bossing but I'll check it out more.
Last edited by lordaverage42 on Dec 19, 2019, 12:55:21 AM

I will probably do this too. In the future, when I can afford watcher eyes es on hit, I will just use cyclone again.
no more purchases or recommendations til the trade system is fixed.
Last edited by Marchosiae on Dec 19, 2019, 1:28:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info