[3.5] Solo Smite Mjölner LL 7-9 Aura Guardian (Shaper, Uber Elder down on a 4 Link)

"
VVhipl4sh wrote:
Hey All! I just hit level 93, and I'm loving this build. I thought I'd post some pictures of how my build is going. I think I did a pretty great job at making him actually look like Thor haha.

Here's the Imgur link!

https://imgur.com/a/GiJVWAo

looks cool!
"
Bob123aka wrote:
Just had a few question, started buying items and finally got my guy to lv 70 so was about to start gearing him up. For 7 Aura build which would be the POB to choose from, most of them seem to either be with Clarity version of watchers eye or the Damage version?, I ended up picking up a damage leeched as Life while affected by Vitality/Unnafected by Ele weakness Watcher's Eye. Guessing the POB 9 Auras's would be universal regardless what jewel version you get.

For the Mjolner, does the increased lightning damage with attack skills roll % matter since it's not attack spell damage based? Was planning on picking up a Onslaught one but not sure if any of the rolls mattered since with Arc/lightning ball didn't see any spell %/dmg so didn't think so

For the Memory Vault Praetor Crown, what other enchants would be good on it? Literally can't even find a single one with arch chains/ aura gems

Saw OP went up on his tree right after Elemental Overload to connect to Heart of Thunder guessing that's just a personal hybrid version of it or something unless I missed a Pastebin lol

Last question was about the Watcher's eye, so in order would it be % of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity" / % Damage leeched as Life while affected by Vitality" and for the other 2 he suggested, would those mods be WITH the Vitality mod or by itself ? "% increased Lightning Damage while affected by Wrath" or "Damage Penetrates % Lightning Resistance while affected by Wrath"

What would be difference be between going for a 7 Aura Build and a 9 Aura build be? Guessing giving up damage/ES in SP for more defensive auras

Thanks guys!!

- I also picked up a watchers with leech and lee weakness... those with clarity and lightning damage are the best though. And yes you always need vitality damage leeched as life.
- Mjoelner stats are completely irrelevant
- For helm enchant any other arc enchant is better than nothing. Can't really say how good they are as I didn't test them.
- Yes you give up some damage but get a lot of survivability.
"
MrToweliee wrote:
How the hell do use this as a league starter OP??? Shavs is 260+c Mj 60+ Atra 60+

Like 5ex + investment to get it going??

Shavs start at 30c, Mjoelner 19c, Astramentis 15c in BSC - just checked...
"
Bob123aka wrote:
Just had a few question, started buying items and finally got my guy to lv 70 so was about to start gearing him up. For 7 Aura build which would be the POB to choose from, most of them seem to either be with Clarity version of watchers eye or the Damage version?, I ended up picking up a damage leeched as Life while affected by Vitality/Unnafected by Ele weakness Watcher's Eye. Guessing the POB 9 Auras's would be universal regardless what jewel version you get.

For the Mjolner, does the increased lightning damage with attack skills roll % matter since it's not attack spell damage based? Was planning on picking up a Onslaught one but not sure if any of the rolls mattered since with Arc/lightning ball didn't see any spell %/dmg so didn't think so

For the Memory Vault Praetor Crown, what other enchants would be good on it? Literally can't even find a single one with arch chains/ aura gems

Saw OP went up on his tree right after Elemental Overload to connect to Heart of Thunder guessing that's just a personal hybrid version of it or something unless I missed a Pastebin lol

Last question was about the Watcher's eye, so in order would it be % of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity" / % Damage leeched as Life while affected by Vitality" and for the other 2 he suggested, would those mods be WITH the Vitality mod or by itself ? "% increased Lightning Damage while affected by Wrath" or "Damage Penetrates % Lightning Resistance while affected by Wrath"

What would be difference be between going for a 7 Aura Build and a 9 Aura build be? Guessing giving up damage/ES in SP for more defensive auras

Thanks guys!!

For Mjolnir, you're right that the rolls don't really matter if you aren't trying to scale Smite damage.

For the Memory Vault, I've found it really hard to find one with a good corrupt that actually has 20q and decent ES. You can find cheaper ones that have small benefits though, like +maximum % ES or +max power charges (if you take the spell damage per power charge node).

For the Watcher's Eye, you always need the damage leech w/ vitality if you don't have another source of leech. I normally just run a live search with that mod required and then a "Count:1" with any mods worth having like lightning damage w/ wrath, onslaught w/ haste, ES w/ clarity, etc...
The clarity jewel seems to go for over 25ex now, so I've been sticking with a leech + lightning damage one for bosses and leech + onslaught for everything else.
"
Townsfoe wrote:
"
Bob123aka wrote:

Thanks guys!!

For Mjolnir, you're right that the rolls don't really matter if you aren't trying to scale Smite damage.

For the Memory Vault, I've found it really hard to find one with a good corrupt that actually has 20q and decent ES. You can find cheaper ones that have small benefits though, like +maximum % ES or +max power charges (if you take the spell damage per power charge node).

For the Watcher's Eye, you always need the damage leech w/ vitality if you don't have another source of leech. I normally just run a live search with that mod required and then a "Count:1" with any mods worth having like lightning damage w/ wrath, onslaught w/ haste, ES w/ clarity, etc...
The clarity jewel seems to go for over 25ex now, so I've been sticking with a leech + lightning damage one for bosses and leech + onslaught for everything else.

Actually got a hold of a
so I will be going the POB 9 auras with Chayula and "Time of Need": https://pastebin.com/fRBFuKLb . On the tree should what should I focus on for the early levels. I just hit 70 and trying to see how to spec it out to be able to at least use the 9 auras. Should I head down to Charisma and complete that before I start getting the Herald of Thunder/Breathe of Lightning

Got the items below to start working on the 9 Aura version

"
Bob123aka wrote:
"
Townsfoe wrote:
"
Bob123aka wrote:

Thanks guys!!

Actually got a hold of a
so I will be going the POB 9 auras with Chayula and "Time of Need": https://pastebin.com/fRBFuKLb . On the tree should what should I focus on for the early levels. I just hit 70 and trying to see how to spec it out to be able to at least use the 9 auras. Should I head down to Charisma and complete that before I start getting the Herald of Thunder/Breathe of Lightning

Got the items below to start working on the 9 Aura version

These corruptions.....
Get damage 1st as it is easier to level and Charisma after.
Looking at what you bought you might also be able to invest in some regrets if you want to switch to 9 auras ;)
How do you get your Health reserved for the LL?
"
Gregster_v wrote:
How do you get your Health reserved for the LL?

Prism Guardian shield and for the 9 auras also a blood magic gem.
In what situations do you use Time of Need over Unwavering Faith/Harmony of Purpose? I haven't tested it in game, but in PoB, I'm seeing that the small node before Unwavering Faith is a breakpoint for more max res off the purities. I'm a little cautious about giving that up full-time.
"
These corruptions.....
Get damage 1st as it is easier to level and Charisma after.
Looking at what you bought you might also be able to invest in some regrets if you want to switch to 9 auras ;)

Hey , so I kinda have more of an idea now of what to go towards.I have most of my items equipped already except gems. So far this is my tree at lv 72. I'm planning on going the POB 9 auras with Chayula and "Time of Need" build. What way should I start heading towards.

Would it be something like Charisma,Jewel socket right above Charisma, Deep Thoughts, then leadership,Cruel Preparation, then finish it up with Herald of Thunder and breath of Lightning? Not sure really how important the Deep Thoughts and Charisma are in regards to the Mana reserved needed to make the 9 aura work. I know If I go this route all the damage nodes I won't be seeing till high 80's, not sure if the right way to do it or not.

Everything left of the Watcher's Eye Jewel socket slot has been completed .

https://poeplanner.com/AA8AAMkADwUAAGEI9BBREFgRDxEtEVAUsBVQFy8c3CL0JLAnLyepKU8snDLRNok3RzrGOtg7DUVHSp9MLVMOVdZWSGD4YvRk52ZUZp5ncWe9akNrrGwLbRlxsnYRe9d8g3_GgKSCHoKbhXuIQom8jHaPGpBVkyeePKDmoS-mrKcIpyuqqbUEtzG86r6KwcXYJNrd5CLr7uw47-v06ffB-d360sBmrfEYXTzvaPLsGI_60NBfanC72RMvb6yYdFVfKjpYVcbK07QM6roNfAAAAAAA

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info