[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
Siliticx wrote:
I just realised something while in this hangover...

Why are we using Victario's charity if we have Bastion of Hope?

You mean harmony of purpose? It only affects party members, which your minions are not.

"
Thronar wrote:
"
ve39 wrote:
How in POB do I check total dps on this build?

thanks

I've never ran a Herald of Agony build before but have become quite interested in running one this league so I don't know how exactly it works and hopefully someone could shed some light on this but I think we would calculate it something like this based on the OP's PoB (I think I ticked all the right DPS configs)

Agony Crawler - 778k (Based on Tailspike?) or 452k (based on Default attack)
Holy Relic - 69k x2 = 138k
Heralds of Purity - 75k x4 = 300k (Based on Default attack?)
Total Shaper DPS - 1.26m or 890k (based on Crawlers default attack)

Again I don't really know if that's how the DPS for the minions work and what attack you base it off maybe I'm completely going in the wrong direction with this :( so if anyone could confirm some of these things It would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't rerun his pob but it looks right from what I remember. You go by tail spike damage on the crawler. Purity I think is mostly default though they charge and slam often. PoB for agony is mostly just 40 virulence stacks and 9 poison, 10 if your vile toxins is level 21. You typically always put 10 even if not using vile toxins for dps comparison purpose with skills. Everything is pretty standard. If you're using victarios you would uncheck minions use power charges if the boss has no minions. If you use the withered setup you can stack wither up to 15.
About wither stacks: with withering touch support on cyclone and 12 attacks per second, you can sustain 6 wither stacks. Withering touch support on HoP can sustain about 4 wither stacks on one target.
I've hit a wall with this build at 92 where i am running woke8 T16s and I can destroy trash but get popped by bosses/metas. How do I strengthen this build past what is listed?

I'm at 6300hp

https://pastebin.com/C9dxF14G

Profile is also public if you want to see the char there
So, I've spent almost 10ex in my gear and I'm getting pretty good DPS on HoA.

HoA DPS: https://puu.sh/EToAo/7873efc3f3.png
HoP DPS (multiply *4): https://puu.sh/EToCz/b789d84aa2.png
SHR DPS (multiply *2): https://puu.sh/EToD4/017249b30f.png

Total shaper/guardian DPS: ~3,2kk

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/bLvfXAgR

Here are my current items:

This setup gives me capped chaos resistance together with Pantheon, along with a pretty insane clearspeed and boss damage. Still getting one-shot from time to time though. Some T16 metamorphs are just retardedly strong.

I've bought a +3 minion gem helmet and plan to use it with HoP, which will give me around 300k dps. I don't think it's worth the 4ex I spent on it... what do you guys think? Even then, I'll still have to do some adjustments though. For example, I'll probably have to switch boots since it will be a pain in the ass to get 4B (Summon Holy Relic - Minion Damage - Controlled Destruction - Meat Shield) on my current ones. Maybe I can ditch SHR and go for something else? I don't think it's a good idea, but it's an option. Maybe this is too much hassle for a 300k dps increase and I'll probably end up selling the helm.

I chose to get poacher's mark on hit on my ring so I can get even more life on hit and still get my HoA to obtain frenzy charges consistently.

I also chose to go only one Cold Iron Point so I don't give up the insane life gain on hit on the claw. I probably won't switch to 2 Cold Iron Points because my DPS is already pretty high and I see more value on the life/mana gain on hit.

For Cyclone, I went for withering touch. With HoP, as Kaptn said, we can get 10 stacks. Huge DPS boost. Thanks for the tip! I also went for infused channeling because it makes you incredibly tanky. Fortify got linked with whirling blades instead, as blood magic doesn't do anything for me.

Lvl 1 CWDT - Immortal Call - Spirit offering. This procs Spirit Offering very consistently, which translats to a pretty nice damage boost and defenses for my minions. It also helps keeping Holy Relics alive, which is very important for clearspeed. They will still die from time to time when damage is too heavy (aka T16 metamorphs), but they definitely can take a lot more hits with spirit offering procs. Will experiment leveling CWDT a little and see how it goes.

Things I still need to do:

- Get a #% attack speed claw/life gain on each blinded enemy hit so I can craft #% minion damage on the mod table
- Find a way to shock enemies (I have a jewel with 4% shock chance but idk if it works this way)
- Get helmet enchant
- Switch to the +3 helmet, which I've already bought
- Level up so I can get one more jewel and a higher life pool
- Get corrupted +1 socketed gems Coming Calamity
- Get level 21 Herald of agony

After these upgrades, I think I will hit a wall, but I'm not sure.

If you guys have something to add to my build, you are very welcome :).

Overall, this is the strongest build I've ever done. I've invested around 10ex (including the 6-link) and feel like I can do every content in the game. Meanwhile, my friends are stuck in T10's with their bow builds hehe.
Last edited by guidulove on Dec 26, 2019, 11:07:16 AM
"
guidulove wrote:

This setup gives me capped chaos resistance together with Pantheon, along with a pretty insane clearspeed and boss damage. Still getting one-shot from time to time though. Some T16 metamorphs are just retardedly strong.

I've bought a +3 minion gem helmet and plan to use it with HoP, which will give me around 300k dps. I don't think it's worth the 4ex I spent on it... what do you guys think? Even then, I'll still have to do some adjustments though. For example, I'll probably have to switch boots since it will be a pain in the ass to get 4B (Summon Holy Relic - Minion Damage - Controlled Destruction - Meat Shield) on my current ones. Maybe I can ditch SHR and go for something else? I don't think it's a good idea, but it's an option. Maybe this is too much hassle for a 300k dps increase and I'll probably end up selling the helm.

I chose to get poacher's mark on hit on my ring so I can get even more life on hit and still get my HoA to obtain frenzy charges consistently.

I also chose to go only one Cold Iron Point so I don't give up the insane life gain on hit on the claw. I probably won't switch to 2 Cold Iron Points because my DPS is already pretty high and I see more value on the life/mana gain on hit.

For Cyclone, I went for withering touch. With HoP, as Kaptn said, we can get 10 stacks. Huge DPS boost. Thanks for the tip! I also went for infused channeling because it makes you incredibly tanky. Fortify got linked with whirling blades instead, as blood magic doesn't do anything for me.

Lvl 1 CWDT - Immortal Call - Spirit offering. This procs Spirit Offering very consistently, which translats to a pretty nice damage boost and defenses for my minions. It also helps keeping Holy Relics alive, which is very important for clearspeed. They will still die from time to time when damage is too heavy (aka T16 metamorphs), but they definitely can take a lot more hits with spirit offering procs. Will experiment leveling CWDT a little and see how it goes.

- Get a #% attack speed claw/life gain on each blinded enemy hit so I can craft #% minion damage on the mod table
- Find a way to shock enemies (I have a jewel with 4% shock chance but idk if it works this way)
- Get helmet enchant

Overall, this is the strongest build I've ever done. I've invested around 10ex (including the 6-link) and feel like I can do every content in the game. Meanwhile, my friends are stuck in T10's with their bow builds hehe.

Thanks, this helped
On the topic of flasks, what mods should I go for. I've been using the poison immunity minor pantheon (maybe I shouldnt) so I have an opening for shock or ignite.

What is the silver flask doing for us? Maybe replace with Granite

I'm trying to mitigate the one shots like explosions/stomps etc. Not sure the damage type they are.
Hey. Is there good way to craft gemi i claw with fossils? 2nd question is what are best support gems for 5L armor? Build is fun and im slowly upgrading my gear to do higher maps.
"
guidulove wrote:

Can you explain the need for withered touch in both the HoP and Cyclone links? I would think just cyclone needed

Thanks
"
degini wrote:
"
guidulove wrote:

Can you explain the need for withered touch in both the HoP and Cyclone links? I would think just cyclone needed

Thanks

As KäptnSharky said, with 12 attacks per second on Cyclone, you can maintain 6 stacks of Wither. Check your Attacks per Second at the "Calculations" tab in PoB.

If I also socket Withering Touch on Herald of Purity, it stacks Wither with Cyclone to get to 10 stacks (6 cyclone + 4 herald of purity). If you do the math, you'll do more dps if you swap Melee Physical Damage for Withering Touch on your Herald of Purity, as the 4 additional wither stacks will give you more damage in comparison. You can do the math in PoB.

Did some nice upgrades today:

> Got this new claw for 1ex - it had 3 things that we want on our claws: attack speed, life gained on hit on blinded enemies and an open suffix/prefix for us to craft minion attack speed or minion damage. I spent around 300 alterations on a ilvl <=75 and could not get attack speed + life gained on hit on blinded enemies, so I constantly checked poe.trade and finally bought one.

> Vaaled my minion damage support and it got to 21/20.

> Bought a 21/20 Herald of Agony.

Damage went through the roof and I'm not even sure if I'm shocking bosses lol.

Survivability is great, but I still have to get a higher HP pool (around 7k at the moment).
Last edited by guidulove on Dec 27, 2019, 8:05:27 AM
"
guidulove wrote:

- Get helmet enchant

Thanks for the info, this seems awesome. Question, do you just drop the blind?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info