[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
Justiis wrote:
I've been loosely following this build in HCSSF (a mode I rarely play). I didn't quite have the mana to reserve HoAg and HoP yet, so I dropped HoP and threw in Flesh and Stone and Raise Spectre. It's been working well enough, but I was looking at the wiki entry for Holy Relic and came across this:

"
Holy Relic explicitly cannot taunt, but can blind if supported with a Blind Support. Ghastly Eye Jewel with an of Stifling suffix will not affect a Holy Relic since its Nova spell is not an attack.

So, with this is mind, I was wondering why you are running Meat Shield on the Relic? Is it just to increase it's survivability?

Yeah it replaced Minion Life Support.
"
KäptnSharky wrote:
"
PS: Other methods to get more lvels include +1 dex, and +1 chaos on Hunter ammy and also woke added chaos lvl 5

Basically you need either +1 corruption on coming calamity and +1 amulet or a +2 amulet. Currently, the first option is just cheaper. Also it allowed me to get a lot of life and life regen from my amulet.

PSA: 6L +1 The Coming Calamity can be made for about 10 ex. Thanks to deathmark support we only need 4 off-colors, resulting in an average cost of 400 vaal 400 chrome to color it. The fixed part is 1850 vaals, 1500 fuses and 350 jewellers. And vaals at 1/3 C are ridiculously cheap compared to betrayal when I had to spend around 30 ex on my +1 coming calamity. Right now it's maybe a bit more than 10 ex.

About woke added chaos dmg: It's just bad. The added chaos dmg does basically nothing for us, as HoAg only scales base phys dmg. And the one gem level is obviously less than empower (which I don't even use, as any of the more multuipliers from the other supports its much better if your gem level is already 31).

So if I run your character through PoB it doesn't show you have lvl 31 herald of agony. It isn't counting the +1 from your amulet for some reason. Is that just a problem with PoB and stuff like + 1 to dexterity skill gems? Because if you replace that with the same mod on the cold iron point it does work, the physical spell skill one. I just didn't want to look for an amulet with dexterity or chaos or whatever skill gem and it not work. PoB shows no change for dexterity skill or chaos skill/spell but it does show one for physical skill and minion skill.
Last edited by Constermock on Dec 24, 2019, 11:44:19 AM
In PoE it's shown correctly, so it 100% works. Just a PoB problem.
"
KäptnSharky wrote:
In PoE it's shown correctly, so it 100% works. Just a PoB problem.

I wasn't sure since I googled it and saw some bug reports with people saying their tooltips weren't changing. It shows the skill level up when you hover over it but no numerical change on the tooltip. No response on whether it's just a visual thing or not.
Well, besides the obvious attack speed increase of the crawler, my cyclone has 7 stages now (shown as a buff when using it) although it's a lvl 20 gem. It really does work.
Sweet, sounds good. Thanks for the info.
What catalysts should be used? Still new to understanding them.
"
ve39 wrote:
How in POB do I check total dps on this build?

thanks

I've never ran a Herald of Agony build before but have become quite interested in running one this league so I don't know how exactly it works and hopefully someone could shed some light on this but I think we would calculate it something like this based on the OP's PoB (I think I ticked all the right DPS configs)

Agony Crawler - 778k (Based on Tailspike?) or 452k (based on Default attack)
Holy Relic - 69k x2 = 138k
Heralds of Purity - 75k x4 = 300k (Based on Default attack?)
Total Shaper DPS - 1.26m or 890k (based on Crawlers default attack)

Again I don't really know if that's how the DPS for the minions work and what attack you base it off maybe I'm completely going in the wrong direction with this :( so if anyone could confirm some of these things It would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Thronar on Dec 24, 2019, 1:52:44 PM
"
degini wrote:
"
troublesome67 wrote:
"

How to craft it? Whats steps

Buy an item level 75 or lower Elder Gemini Claw. Alteration spam it til you get Life gained for each blinded enemy hit by this weapon. Then you regal it. I just got super lucky with the Attack speed roll. Normally you would just craft attack speed on it afterwards.

Why ilvl 75 or lower? What mods are we trying to avoid?

This didn't get answered. I was wondering about this as well, I'll guess it was just to reduce the possible choices to make it more likely to get life gain on hitting a blind enemy mod? Also, I assume the craft recipe begins with a scour, if starting with a rare elder claw. Thank you.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I just realised something while in this hangover...

Why are we using Victario's charity if we have Bastion of Hope?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info