[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
KäptnSharky wrote:
You can take the PoB from poe.ninja for now:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/K%C3%A4ptnSharky/Avanion?i=20&search=class%3DGuardian%26skill%3DHerald-of-Agony

PoB unfortunately can't deal with the +1 to dex gems from the necklace. For DPS calculation: increase from shock is too high, should be 20%. +2 proj. enchant is ignored. Withered stacks are 10 if both you and HoP guys are constantly attacking.
Also, I use lvl 21 Vile Toxins instead of Pierce for bosses

How is it handling Legion/Blight? I haven't used HOAG for either and I question the AI/Clear for those league mechanics?
You might not believe it, but at this level of crawler atkspeed and sheer DPS my clear is actually great. I did of course have problems with legion and blight earlier in the league, but by now T16 cassia is no problem at all. For legion encounters, I usually manage to get everything relevant by occasionally using deathmark. It's not as smooth as e.g. ED contagion, but it works surprisingly well by now. Blighted maps: I haven't done a high tier one recently, and I think handling many directions at once would still be quite hard. I will test it at some point.
Hey Kaptn, thanks for the detailed comments. I'm missing one thing though, on your final setup you have two rings which are not the Thief's Torment. How do you get a sustainable mana on hit then?
My cyclone only costs 4 (-3 craft on ring) And I have two jewels with +2 mana gain on hit each. And I even have manaleech on amulet, which is quite nice for no regen maps but not important. Not relying purely on mana gain on hit and thus being able to cyclone despite not hitting something immediately can be quite convenient.
Kaptn! Thanks for sharing your almost min max build :)

Can I ask you a question?

I see you have poachers mark on lvl 20 CWDT for frenzy charge generation?

Considering frenzy charges are very powerful on this build, don't you consider this an unreliable way to generate them?

Any ideas on how would to fix that problem?
Last edited by guidulove on Dec 23, 2019, 1:24:22 PM
Thanks to the ascendancy you generate frenzy charges anyway :)
"Harmony of Purpose"
"
"Harmony of Purpose"

You don't! At least, not for your minions.

The passive says: "You and nearby Party Members Share Power, Frenzy and Endurance Charges with each other
10% chance to gain a Power, Frenzy or Endurance Charge on Hit"

Minions don't count as party members, which means that if we take off the shield, we need another way to generate frenzy charges for our heralds.
"
guidulove wrote:
"
"Harmony of Purpose"

You don't! At least, not for your minions.

The passive says: "You and nearby Party Members Share Power, Frenzy and Endurance Charges with each other
10% chance to gain a Power, Frenzy or Endurance Charge on Hit"

Minions don't count as party members, which means that if we take off the shield, we need another way to generate frenzy charges for our heralds.

"10% chance to gain a Power, Frenzy or Endurance Charge on Hit"?
I hit 12 times a second, that's enough to generate those charges.. I mean, I generate them - no idea where they're coming from otherwise lol

Edit: oh wait you're talking about minions. I am not sure if the minions get them - I know that my AC constantly has charges floating around. I really don't know how I could test.
Last edited by Martower on Dec 23, 2019, 2:46:37 PM
Now that 3.9 has been going awhile, what pantheons are people using for bossing? I've gone the way of shakari for the poison immunity. What about major? I'm defaulted to Solaris right now but eyeing Arakaali
My CWDT poacher's mark setup is only really useful in Delve, vs T16 metamorphs and blight. In these situations it triggers constantly, because I eat a lot of dmg. And the crawler makes a lot of kills, so he gets the charges.

Vs normal trash it's useless because everything dies too fast so it won't trigger. So you don't need it anyway.

Vs bosses it triggers, but doesn't give charges. As curses don't really do much vs bosses in general, it doesn't really matter.

--> In the situations when a curse is actually useful, it is consistently applied by my CWDT setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info