[3.4] BeJust's Overlord of Purity (a melee summoner with Smite) WIP

act 5, lvl 39, first lab right now.
Steamrolling everything in two-player-mode. I am mixing Smite, DB and consecrated path and its a lot of fun and works like a charm, question will be for how long (do DB minions still deal dmg later without support-gems?). i have linked DB with inc.duration and Melee splash, having some rare-aura-guys with me is awesome. Again - the question is will this also be solid in lategame. we'll have to see.

Also I am wondering about the leech-thing too. mana is also an issue right know (as with most chars), but we dont really get leech in the future as far as i see it (maybe a little on jewels/items).
6 hours into the league update:
Build looks fun and cuts through levelling very nicely, just killed stomped on Malifaro in a matter of seconds. Herald of Purity is just amazing. I got lucky with some delve drops and so will test
tomorrow. I will try to answer your questions tomorrow.
"
BeJust wrote:
Build looks fun and cuts through levelling very nicely, just killed stomped on Malifaro in a matter of seconds. Herald of Purity is just amazing. I got lucky with some delve drops and so will test

Hows your HP on your level? I feel a bit low life so far, but I understand it may be because of bad gear.

I'm level 24 right now.
"
Bollacha wrote:
"
BeJust wrote:

Hows your HP on your level? I feel a bit low life so far, but I understand it may be because of bad gear.

I'm level 24 right now.

24 isn't a good point of reference and literally doesn't matter :P
is also a good league starter
"
xatix wrote:
PoB pastebin is just causing an error any idea why?

Everything works fine for me. Will generate new PoB link just in case.

[qoute=DamageIncorporated]Playing either Dom Blow, or Smite...where is the life sustain going to come from? I mean, what am I missing here? There's some piddly life regen and all of (zero?) life leech. The cute little pet isn't going to be enough later.

What am I missing?[/quote]

This I will have to work on. Theoretical with zombies acting as a meat shield they should soak some hits. But I will need to play this build more to fix survivability. And remember there is an everlasting survivability advice: #dontgethit

"
Chima wrote:
We need a new zombie MTX; this just thematically isn't working... my EYES...!!!

100% agree. Something like Skeleton Statues at least.

"
Bollacha wrote:

I'm level 24 right now.

1300 hp entering act 5 which is more than most builds have at this point.
I've been having good fun so far with this as my leaguestarter. From pretty much out of the gate I was flying through the acts smiting everything left and right. Ancestral call was a huge boon, and herald of purity is solid support. New ways to benefit from minion boosts is quite interesting too.

I like that virtually whatever weapon you come across that is a dps improvement is viable. Huge boost for general leveling purposes.

Like everyone else, I'm a little concerned about late game viability, but we'll see how that feels when I get there.
Have any of you given dom blow a go? I've dabbled around with it but the duration of the minions is a pain to work around
"
Hils wrote:
Have any of you given dom blow a go? I've dabbled around with it but the duration of the minions is a pain to work around

I'm trying it now. Took duration cluster near scion and all fine so far. Only lvl 47 but it's going fast. Going facebreaker + stacking flat phys + dom blow + herald of purity (+hatred or HoA probably). Not focussing too much on minions so I'm curious if it will work lategame.
I'm finding the topic of life leech to be a real conundrum. You can't use curse on hit with minions, and herald of thunder is a) too big of a damage loss vs wrath and b) unreliable for warlords mark. Life leech sources on gloves or amulet are PHYSICAL attack damage... how could this possibly be viable end game?

The piddly amounts ( like 0.2%) life leech on Doryani's scepter /belt? Orb of Storms? : /

switch to Dominating Blow ( which IMO is garbage compared to Smite)?

jkl;asdjl;asjd;asjkdjas blah.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 1, 2018, 9:17:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info