[3.4] BeJust's Overlord of Purity (a melee summoner with Smite) WIP

"
I'm finding the topic of life leech to be a real conundrum. You can't use curse on hit with minions, and herald of thunder is a) too big of a damage loss vs wrath and b) unreliable for warlords mark. Life leech sources on gloves or amulet are PHYSICAL attack damage... how could this possibly be viable end game?

The piddly amounts ( like 0.2%) life leech on Doryani's scepter /belt? Orb of Storms? : /

switch to Dominating Blow ( which IMO is garbage compared to Smite)?

jkl;asdjl;asjd;asjkdjas blah.

Can we try and focus more on life regeneration and life on kill/life on hit, instead of leech outright? That's what I've been trying to muddle up.
"
Stephen_Netu wrote:
"
I'm finding the topic of life leech to be a real conundrum. You can't use curse on hit with minions, and herald of thunder is a) too big of a damage loss vs wrath and b) unreliable for warlords mark. Life leech sources on gloves or amulet are PHYSICAL attack damage... how could this possibly be viable end game?

The piddly amounts ( like 0.2%) life leech on Doryani's scepter /belt? Orb of Storms? : /

Can we try and focus more on life regeneration and life on kill/life on hit, instead of leech outright? That's what I've been trying to muddle up.

I'm thinking that won't do it, no.

I've settled on orb of Storms w/ curse on hit, and CWDT. Get a Elder ring with Warlords Mark some day. Stopping to drop Orb of Storms isn't THAT bad I guess. It's almost as bad as manually casting a curse and kinda gets udner my skin, but if you think about it you're stopping to Smite anyways.

It's not so bad.
"
"
Stephen_Netu wrote:
"

I'm thinking that won't do it, no.

I've settled on orb of Storms w/ curse on hit, and CWDT. Get a Elder ring with Warlords Mark some day. Stopping to drop Orb of Storms isn't THAT bad I guess. It's almost as bad as manually casting a curse and kinda gets udner my skin, but if you think about it you're stopping to Smite anyways.

It's not so bad.

Noobish question; isn't the "Every 5 seconds, 30% of Maximum Life Regenerated over one second" from Time of Need a good source of survivability (+ Flasks)? Or is the leech concern more about mana?
"
Chima wrote:

Noobish question; isn't the "Every 5 seconds, 30% of Maximum Life Regenerated over one second" from Time of Need a good source of survivability (+ Flasks)? Or is the leech concern more about mana?

Every 5 seconds isn't reliable sustain. I won't be taking it. And we aren't a pure summoner in the back relying on the occasional life flask. As melee we NEED leech IMO.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 1, 2018, 11:32:42 AM
you guys think this will be reliable and fast endgame? I am almost lvl 50, dps is not bad considering i have not changed weapons for a while but using cp instead of smite atm.
Currently at 74 with this build. works really good. starting to get some speed but it will never compete with the faster builds around
I was wondering if a ring with warlords mark on hit combined with a elder belt with increased recovery rate could be a way to increase survival?
sorry this may be a dumb question but why do we switch back to a lower level desecrate?
IGN@ HuckMcAmp
"
Doddn wrote:
Currently at 74 with this build. works really good. starting to get some speed but it will never compete with the faster builds around

how good are we then? 50% of KB? also how is single target dmg? i assume main dmg source are minions? i am plannin to switch to smth else (actually power siphon) and get some fast clear + IIQ but also i wanna try out new skills :D
I want to start with this build but it seems that many ppl think that smite/minions are not a good combo. To low dos, to slow etc.
So we have to wait it out and see what high level ppl do with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info