[3.4] BeJust's Overlord of Purity (a melee summoner with Smite) WIP

Where's all the dex stats come from? You take 0 on the tree.
Just entered part 2 and I love the build so far! Feeling kinda squishy atm but kill stuff very fast ! :)

Just got this Eye Jewel in drop:
"
Hollycz wrote:
"
Doddn wrote:
Currently at 74 with this build. works really good. starting to get some speed but it will never compete with the faster builds around

how good are we then? 50% of KB? also how is single target dmg? i assume main dmg source are minions? i am plannin to switch to smth else (actually power siphon) and get some fast clear + IIQ but also i wanna try out new skills :D

Trash mobs dies just to smite. should be able to maybe get 60% speed of KB maybe even more. minions is main damage on bosses. no problem with single target atm.
"
"
Chima wrote:

Noobish question; isn't the "Every 5 seconds, 30% of Maximum Life Regenerated over one second" from Time of Need a good source of survivability (+ Flasks)? Or is the leech concern more about mana?

Every 5 seconds isn't reliable sustain. I won't be taking it. And we aren't a pure summoner in the back relying on the occasional life flask. As melee we NEED leech IMO.

I guess I look at it differently: guaranteed 30% every 5 seconds is more reliable when I'm running around like a chicken w/ my head cut off trying to avoid boss damage; whereas leech requires me to be attacking during "oh shit!" moments to benefit from it.

Time will tell how far I can take this one with my playstyle :)
"
Chima wrote:

I guess I look at it differently: guaranteed 30% every 5 seconds is more reliable when I'm running around like a chicken w/ my head cut off trying to avoid boss damage; whereas leech requires me to be attacking during "oh shit!" moments to benefit from it.

Time will tell how far I can take this one with my playstyle :)

You're melee, you should be walking up to stuff and wacking it, and occasionally moving to avoid a special ( Itzaro or what not) Without life leech, when you walk up to stuff to wack it BOOM YOU'RE ALREADY HALF DEAD. What do you do now? use a life flask? run around and wait for Time of Need to proc? Naw man, it's just a nice bonus. Not something to work into your "play style" ( no offence)

Life flasks as a main source of healing, or relying on Time of Need just isn't how to play melee. Time of Need is a nice bonus to smoothen the game play. But 5 seconds is easily a long enough window that you will die without life leech.
I've been trying out Dominating Blow (with AC and Inc Duration) for a while. I'm not sure if it is actually worth it yet though. The difficulty I have with this character is I have to be in melee range of things to generate minions but I don't actually have better clear or dps than a Necromancer who would get the benefit of being able to run around and dodge. I think I am going to switch back to Smite for a bit and spend some time in PoB. I play hardcore so this style just seems very risky to me.

That said, it has been really fun playing a character based on entirely new ascendancies and gems - no builds to copy so just have to experiment :)

Also it's been said before but we need some kind of holy or golden zombie mtx because zombies/mummies look super out of place!
The Build is Pretty Fun so far lvl 74 here playing SSF no problem at all as a league starter got some lucky drops now i'm working on fixing my res
Dancing Dervish feels really good with the smite dmg buff it gets no Problems clearing at all only 3k hp tho at the moment also had to take some Dex notes on the Tree + Dex on Items to make it work Bones of Ullr were great for leveling but i'll exchange them for a Rare pair with res now that i'm at maps main dmg for clear comes from Dancing Dervish + smite (facebreakers and so on would be great i think to get lots of extra dmg)

"
Where's all the dex stats come from? You take 0 on the tree.

You don't need dex on this build especially if you use Resolute Technique. The only dex you need is for gear and you can get that from rings and amulets.
Tencentorship
Would it be worth it to use Essence Worm with Wrath? Thoughts?
Perhaps enable us to use another Herald?

reason:
Last edited by Wertron on Sep 1, 2018, 6:00:23 PM
I'm probably going to hit maps today and since survivability seems like a hot topic, I'm going to test stone golem and warlord's mark to see if this build can survive without playing like a coward who has to run away for 4 seconds until his 30% life regen hits against bosses.
Tencentorship

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info